The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S2 Review Coming Soon by Guy Mancuso and Jack Flesher/GetDPI.com

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just got word we are all confirmed and a little extra bonus . Leica is giving us a extra day to take the S2 to a small mining town in Bisbee Arizona. Since Jack is here we planned on going down there to scout for our next workshop in February in conjunction with another workshop back to back( announcement will be forthcoming soon) . So Leica is letting us take the S2 and X1 to go play more and obviously we will test it under different conditions as well. We have a lot planned so this should be very exciting to our members and give folks more insight to the S2. :thumbs:

YES Raws will be available to download. LOL

KETCH ROSSI

Re: S2 Review Coming Soon by Guy Mancuso and Jack Flesher/GetDPI.comher

Well Guy, you guys have fun, and please do put it thru the pace, will be very interesting to hear and see some more definitive real world files and shared experiences about the S2.

gogopix

Subscriber
be able to check against Guy's new P45+ and jack's new P65+?

(actually, with the crop factor an advantage for wildlife, I am sorry I went to the 65...

sort of...:)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Actually on hand will be a P40+, P30+ and a P65+. No P45+ unless Jack does not get the P65 before he travels but looking like he will have it right now

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If I remember correctly you said you would have a model shoot with the S2. Something to try please:
With the focus set to the button on the back, have the model walk (normal walking speed is OK) directly towards and away from the camera and see how well the S2 can track focus in this manner. Also try multiple shots or bursts like this and see how it does. And I guess you should try it both ways, AF set to accurate and AF set to fast.

You did say earlier you were taking requests! Thanks.