The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Setting camera profile in C1 3.7.8 DB

gsking

Sorry if this is an easy fix, but I can't find it anywhere.

My default camera profile for my H10 back keeps reverting to "H101 Product Flash", despite me setting it "H10-11mp Outdoor Natural" or "Portrait".

So everytime I reopen the program, I have to reset the colorspace settings. If I forget, the colors are way too punchy.

Anyway to fix this to a new default setting?

Greg

Steve Hendrix

you can set the default for your camera under preferences->color management.
That's something that is still missing in C1 V5 ...

Thomas, I was all set to provide an "Ah-Ha" moment, but it turned into "Ah....hmmm". As far as I can tell, you're right about this.

I did want to add one little related piece of information though. My ah-ha moment involved pulling down the little arrow on the right side of the title bar of each tool in C1 5. When you do that, there are options available, and - for most tools - setting a default is one of the options. However, this is not an option in C1 5 for icc profile.

I'll check in with Doug to make sure we're not overlooking something.

Steve Hendrix

gsking

Well, here's an "aha" moment for you. There IS no tab for "color management" under "Preferences" in my version. Trust me, that's the first place I looked. And second, and third, and fourth. ;)

So, the only place to set color management is "Show Color Management Settings" under "Workflow". And THAT is the setting that keeps changing back to the wrong setting everytime I restart the program.

Other ideas?

gsking

Yeah, you'd think...but it doesn't. And not sure where it got "H101" as a default...that's a different back, as far as I can tell.

Maybe I need to delete the profiles I don't use....