The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LF lenses on Mamiya 645

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Is anyone aware of an adapter that lets me use LF lenses on Mamiya 645AFD bodies? I assume the parts needed would be a focusing helix or bellows, and a lens board...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jan:

I used the older manual bellows and modified a body cap by sanding the front surface flat and drilling the appropriate shutter hole in it. The older manual bellows has front standard tilt, swing, rise/fall/shift. The downside to this solution is about the shortest lens you can use is a 110. But it worked very well, especially for tabletop distances :thumbs:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi Jan:

I used the older manual bellows and modified a body cap by sanding the front surface flat and drilling the appropriate shutter hole in it. The older manual bellows has front standard tilt, swing, rise/fall/shift. The downside to this solution is about the shortest lens you can use is a 110. But it worked very well, especially for tabletop distances :thumbs:
Ditto when I did the extreme macro project. Older manual bellows and a variety of home-made solutions to get a lens to sit within that mount. Remember that the body has a shutter, so you dont have to worry about triggering the shutter in the lens; just leave it open.

http://www.captureintegration.com/2009/08/25/extreme-macro/

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off

archivue

@ Doug...
"I also evaluated Schneider’s recently-designed 120mm Macro-Digitar lens. There is very little doubt this is one of the best macro lens ever produced for use with a digital back"

Better than the rodenstock apo makro digital 120 ?