The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca C1 Cube: Is play normal?

P

Paul David 99

Well, I sprung for it, and agree that the ease of use makes it worthwhile. No problems with the quick release.

On the other hand, the bottom-most adjustment that allows the 45° tilt is nice and tight when locked in the tilt position, but has a bit of play when locked tightly in the 0° flat position. While it's not much, I'd don't expect to have any play in something this expensive. Have any of you experienced this?

Thanks.
Paul

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Mine locks up rock solid. IMO there should be ZERO play anywhere in the Cube when it's tightened up -- if you have play, I'd return it.

P

Paul David 99

Thanks, Jack. Hopefully it won't take too long to get a replacement.
Paul

T

tetsrfun

Thanks, Jack. Hopefully it won't take too long to get a replacement.
Paul
Replacement from Arca or the retailer??? I am close to being "incorporated" into the Cube but I will be interested to hear how your problem is addressed.

Steve

P

Paul David 99

SOLVED!!!
Jack Flesher came by and showed me that there is a catch that holds the head firm in 0 degree position. But...in order to engage the lock you need to loosen the knob all the way to get it to seat, and then tighten. And it's solid as a rock now.

Thank you Jack!!!

Paul