The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ALPA Question

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thierry

The sync cable you show here looks different to the original design .
That does not matter . It looks rather good .
But the main thing for me , as I have been waiting so long for that solution ,
is it available and on stock ? ? ?

I would need 170.800.010 + 170.800.350 .

Thierry

Dear Jürgen,

The 2 cables will be available at the very begin of October, as stated on Alpa's website.

Availability Alpa Sync Cables

Use:

- Handheld/freehand for release with hand
- Cable release link is part of the delivery scope
- The length is made in a way that it works with all cameras and lenses

2 remarks to it:

- For use with all ALPA lenses with Copal 0 shutter except Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6/24 mm XL

- Restricted use with ALPA lenses in Copal 1: Schneider Apo-Symmar 5.6/180 L, Schneider Tele-Xenar 5.6/250 mm (lenses not recommended for digital use)

Best regards
Thierry

Thierry

The sync cable you show here looks different to the original design .
That does not matter . It looks rather good .
But the main thing for me , as I have been waiting so long for that solution ,
is it available and on stock ? ? ?

I would need 170.800.010 + 170.800.350 .

stephengilbert

Thierry,

The new cable looks like a clear improvement. Too bad that ALPA refuse to make a simple sync cable to connect the lens to a Phase back, i.e., one to be used with zero latency.

Steve

Don Libby

Now to be fair you really need to see it in situ with a lens on it:

Lovely image Graham, still trying to figure out what it reminds me of.

It does appear to be much more complicated than what I'm used to. Do you have the ability to move the shutter release off body? My normal use of the shutter release is off body to lesson vibrations and only use it connected if handheld so just asking.

dchew

That looks very nice Thierry. i am hoping Dennis can bring one back for me when he visits in October.

I will replace my ugly-cable version earlier in this thread!

Dave

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Lovely image Graham, still trying to figure out what it reminds me of.

It does appear to be much more complicated than what I'm used to. Do you have the ability to move the shutter release off body? My normal use of the shutter release is off body to lesson vibrations and only use it connected if handheld so just asking.
The shot is actually Steve Gilbert's camera and his pic. I'd show my TC but I just sold it! I still have the One shot mount shown here that I got from Steve for the KG One Shot.

As regards the cable release, it's shown here with the red rubber O-ring holding it close to the finger grip and so looks and acts like a release on the body which is best for handheld use. I personally let the cable release hang free for the same vibration reason that you mention. It works very well actually and I probably should sell on the bracket assembly now that I no longer have the TC to mount it on. It would also work on an Alpa Max too but not on an STC due to the rear slide assembly. It's a very nicely machined mounting block.

Thierry

Dear Steve,

Alpa did never refuse to make such a cable, and we have actually never been requested to produce such.

Phase One has such a "0-Latency" cable:

Interface Cables Phase One

Best regards
Thierry

Thierry,

The new cable looks like a clear improvement. Too bad that ALPA refuse to make a simple sync cable to connect the lens to a Phase back, i.e., one to be used with zero latency.

Steve

Thierry

Dear Dave,

Please get in touch with your dealer who gave/sold it to you, pre-series cables are exchanged if requested.

Best regards
Thierry

That looks very nice Thierry. i am hoping Dennis can bring one back for me when he visits in October.

I will replace my ugly-cable version earlier in this thread!

Dave

Pemihan

Don and others using this Gepe 3.25" flexible cable release extension,
Hvis release cable are you using? The shorter flexible ones I got from Cambo doesn't work together with the Gepe extension. The "pin" doesn't extend far enough to get the gepe to fire the shutter..

Peter

Steve, not sure if this will help you or not however I found I had trouble threading my cable release in my Schneider lenses for the Cambo then after talking to Chris I came up with the idea of adding an extension. I now have a Gepe 3.25” flexible cable release extension on each of my lenses; I just screw my cable release into the extension and away I go; just disconnect the cable release from the extension and move to the next lens keeping the extension on the lens. I got them from B&H $30 each.

I also use the one-shot.

Don