The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Date Counter on Hasselblad Site ?

Now that Christian isn't in the driving seat, perhaps they are going to open up the system again? That would be the smartest business move, I have to say.

T.Karma

I believe their CO has said that one of their priorities is to make the brand accessible to wider ownership. Could this countdown be towards that end? Perhaps something targeted towards the mainstream?
What is lacking in todays offerings of Hasselblad is something that has the simplicity and build of the V series. In my book this is what Hasselblad has been famous for and they should return to it. The H-series is so exaggerated and superficial, and they continue adding more and more complexity. For some it may be good and work, but to me this camery has no genuity(sp?) and appeal.

KeithL

What is lacking in todays offerings of Hasselblad is something that has the simplicity and build of the V series. In my book this is what Hasselblad has been famous for and they should return to it. The H-series is so exaggerated and superficial, and they continue adding more and more complexity. For some it may be good and work, but to me this camery has no genuity(sp?) and appeal.
I'm not sure why you have quoted me here and then (perhaps?) implied that the V series is somehow mainstream?

Sure, the H series is sophisticated, as are the offerings from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Leica...this is what the majority of photographers need and demand. I haven't a clue where you get exaggerated and superficial from?

My H series setup is the most sophisticated and successful camera system I've ever used and yet delightfully it also manages to be the easiest I've ever used.

T.Karma

I didnt mean to question anybodys choice. Sorry, if that is misunderstood.

But when it is up to product management, I dare to say Hasselblad is wanting in something. Like it or not.

fotografz

"Good things come to those who wait."

those who wait ? an entry level DB for V... 22MP for 6000 $ ?
Actually, that's possibility given the pent up demand for such a digital back ... I don't think Kodak makes a 22 meg sensor any more ... but maybe a Dalsa sensor?

Also, if anyone would make a larger square sensor it'd be Dalsa.

In fact this is probably what it is ... mostly because I just sold off all my V gear ... LOL!

-Marc

PeterA

Give me an S2 type body with built in chip of 22/40 or 60 megapixels ( diff price points) and let me use any of my focal plane F and CF lenses or H lenses and Hasselblad delivers the killer product.

Give me the XPan11 equivalent or mamiya711 equivalent in digi form - thats another killer product

Give me a 6x6 chip or near enough with FAT pixels for FAT light allowing me to use my 6x6 lenses - thats another killer product oh and make high iSO = 200 max with base ISO 25 thanks - I have no interest in the crapola high ISO from current offerings from any manufacturer. I want my MFD backs to be like slow transparencies NOT fast film.

bensonga

Give me a 6x6 chip or near enough with FAT pixels for FAT light allowing me to use my 6x6 lenses - thats another killer product oh and make high iSO = 200 max with base ISO 25 thanks - I have no interest in the crapola high ISO from current offerings from any manufacturer. I want my MFD backs to be like slow transparencies NOT fast film.
I'm with you on this one, a full frame 9 micron sensor.....but if it offered 400 ISO images that looked like the current 100 ISO images, I'd take that as a bonus.

Only problem with a full frame square sensor back for $6k...my CFV-16 would probably be worth less than my Canon 5D.

Oh well.....such is the price of progress.

Gary

yongfei

Hasseblad XPan is not likely, because the Xpan camera was discontinued because the lenses were not lead-free. So a redesign of lenses + a special sized CCD body is a very expensive product.

I don't know what H users are waiting for (money?). But as a V user, I am either waiting for a 48x48 CCD or a special 503D body that has a build-in rotation mechanism, plus built-in light meter.

Currently, I just gathered a full set of Bronica ETRSi to use with CFV I. Small size, light weight, inexpensive lenses (although the adaper is very expensive). I would say that's my dream camera platform for the V back interface, unless a square or rotational CCD becomes available from Hasselblad. I think this is what it is, as I just gave up the hope and aquired a whole Bronica system!

s.agar

In the digital age, especially where Hasselblad does not allow for interchangable digital backs or film backs (since H3DII series) on their cameras, then why do we have a removable digital back (except for large format users). I hope that their new camera is a S2 type camera using the H lenses.
It improves insulation of the DB for dust, dew formation etc. And it possibly can be made smaller by moving around the electronic circuits all around the body. And it may have a matte black version too. I would like that.

fotografz

In the digital age, especially where Hasselblad does not allow for interchangable digital backs or film backs (since H3DII series) on their cameras, then why do we have a removable digital back (except for large format users). I hope that their new camera is a S2 type camera using the H lenses.
It improves insulation of the DB for dust, dew formation etc. And it possibly can be made smaller by moving around the electronic circuits all around the body. And it may have a matte black version too. I would like that.
From your lips to God's ears :thumbs:

carstenw

Hmm, either an adapter would be needed to keep the lenses at the right distance, or the body would look more like a Pentax 6x7 than a Leica S2...

rmueller

Update on the Hasselblad site:

"Curiosity’s killing you, isn't it?

What if we were to tell you that our little surprise is something that can help you get famous?

What if we were to tell you that we can put your work in front of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people, absolutely free of charge?

What if we were to tell you that you still have to wait until February 1st to find out the rest?
"

Hmmh, doesn't sound like new hardware coming on Feb, 1st. Sounds more like
Hasselblad launching hasselflickr.com :confused:

Regards,
Ralf

bensonga

I've been thinking alot lately about the wide variety of photo gear I've accumulated over the years.

I know this is highly unlikely, but if Hasselbald would just come out with a full frame square sensor digital back, I've decided I could get rid of alot of gear (even my Pentax 67 system). I'd winnow it down to my Hasselbald V-system, a DSLR and my Leica R8....and maybe keep a 4x5 camera just for the heck of it.

It all comes down to this......I need a full frame square sensor digital back. I'm not the only one.....so come on Hasselbald, we are tired of waiting, JUST DO IT! :mad:

Gary

markowich

on LL there is a posting refering to a new hasselblad camera sytstem (CMOS based) to be presented on feb. 10.
peter

fotografz

on LL there is a posting refering to a new hasselblad camera sytstem (CMOS based) to be presented on feb. 10.
peter
Oh,oh ... full res higher ISO MFD?

Hints that it'll use existing lenses and accessories. Since it hints at the elimination of a mechanical shutter, I wonder if it'll be an in-camera shutter of some sort, along with being able to use the leaf shutter in the lens?

Glad I held onto my cash :thumbs:

Aaron

I would hate to be in the business of selling MFD gear, these 'pre-announcements' (Pentax), rumours & counting down clocks must scare any potential customers into holding off.

I have two friends who had planned on buying new systems but both have been 'afraid' to buy anything until that clock hits zero.

Also Pentax saying that the next camera they release will be their long awaited MFD cant help either, personally i am wondering if this may deliver what the mamiyaZD promised years ago- affordability.

Of course the clock will probably hit zero and H will launch a new website or forum, and Pentax will pretend again that they never said anything about a MFD but who knows!