The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How are you feeling about the Mamiya 45D these days?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Honestly as a gear slut i am bored ****less now. LOL

I think I hit gold finally. I honestly really love this setup. After 20 years of digital I am home. I know that Pentax is coming and the price is low but honestly I feel every penny I spent on this is worth it. I think these new 40 sensors are nirvana. But I always want to stay in touch with what is out there and still hoping to test the Hassy 40 and do a review on that as well. After 20 years on just digital I have a pretty broad perspective of what is good and what is something you may want to pass on out there.

sinwen

20 years of digital ??? Christ.... time is fast.... I would have say 10 ! Anyway to me it's just getting interesting, I have no digital just yet besides a P&S.
I am slow :ROTFL:

Hauxon

I'd say the Pentax is probably a year away for us in the western hemisphere. We will also have to see how the announced new wide-angle lens will be like, and how it compares to the already excellent Mamiya 28mm lens. Still, can't wait for the Pentax 645D to be available, it just seems like what Mamiya should have done long ago with the ZD camera (and more).

Hrannar

RayM

Just a quick update on my own experience with the 45D for my DF/P40+ kit. I did indeed eventually pick one up from CI. My initial feelings about the lens were that it was "so-so:" the center of images was super, but I thought the corners weren't as good as my contax 45. As the days went on and as I forced myself to get increasingly much more careful about how I was testing, lo and behold, the corners got significantly better.

So the moral to my story is that the P40+ is so good that it will reveal pretty-near-always any and all "pilot error" that happens to be present. No, this is not the first time this insight has occurred to me. It usually happens when I get careless and don't pay enough attention to getting it all right i the moment.

I now have the 45D, the 80D, and the 120D. I am totally crazy about the 120D, this is among the finest lenses I've ever used. I am becoming increasingly amazed at the performance of the 80D, and I'm growing to trust the 45D, the more I use it the more I like it. When I really discipline myself to absolutely get it right, these lenses shine.

And, I've already started to put money aside to likely invest in either the 28 or in a lens that provides the ability for tilt. I just love this entire kit.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yup. As a gear slut I am bored to death now. LOL

I think the 40 sensors in any flavor is just about perfect. Okay maybe someday a P65+ but only for framing reasons:D

I need a excuse folks.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Yup. As a gear slut I am bored to death now. LOL

I think the 40 sensors in any flavor is just about perfect. Okay maybe someday a P65+ but only for framing reasons:D

I need a excuse folks.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

One can never have too many lenses, cameras or backs. No excuses are needed.

However, as the owner of at least 7 different camera bags, 5 tripods and 5 ball heads (only one Cube!) I can say they take up a lot of space which would be better used by lenses, cameras or backs.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Guy, why tell her? Have gear delivered in plain brown wrappers and talk a lot about "traded ??? for this one."

It works for me and I've been married 45 years. Course, it just feels like 4 or 5....

Bill