The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ice Hole Fishing

jecxz

Some of you may have seen a few of my ice hole fishing photographs from the Fun with MF images thread.

A few of you suggested putting together a series of them and that was a good idea (thanks!).

Please take a look, the 14 photographs are located at the below link; just click the Ice Hole Fishing series (second from the bottom, sorry, don't have the ability to link directly to a series yet).

http://www.jecxz.com/main.asp?mode=portfolio

Enjoy!

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
http://www.jecxz.com

frontosa

Workshop Member
Hi Derek:

Thanks for sharing. I like the Ice Hole Fishing series. But I like more the series on trees.

Gerry

jecxz

Stephen, Thank you!

Gerry, I have been working on the Tree series for a couple of years, I can only shoot these in autumn. Thanks for looking.

Kind regards,
Derek

Mitchell

Derek,

I really like your work. I'll look at your site more when I have the time, but this series and atmospherics are great.

Best,

Mitchell

T

tokengirl

Excellent series, I especially love the last one.

I came close to having the opportunity to try ice fishing for the first time this past weekend down here in sunny Florida...:eek:

jecxz

Thank you very much, it's sincerely appreciated.

I heard there was a cold front in Florida... but ice fishing?

Kind regards,
Derek

O

Oxide Blu

Great pix, Derek! ... but ... it just ain't natural to have to cut a hole to go fishing. :D

Giorgio

Lovely images, beautiful.

So that is what happens just off the beaten path!

I have driven right past that park many times, not wanting to turn into a Popsicle I have always just kept on going.

jecxz

Thank you for your kind works, they are sincerely appreciated. I've been away shooting in western PA and on Lake Erie and did some more ice hole fishing shots:

H3DII39, 35mm, f5.6 1/250 second (ISO 100)

H3DII39, 35mm, f5.6 1/100 second (ISO 100)

It was cold, about 0F to 5F degrees. Most of these fishermen were really nice. There was one fellow who wanted $20 if I was going to take his photograph.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
www.jecxz.com