The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P45+ in Egypt

vieri

Last December I went for a very short holiday to Egypt and I decided to bring along for the trip the P1 645AF with the P45+ (lenses: Phase 28, 80, 150, Mamiya 45AF), as well as my film Ms. Due to the trip being one of these organized holidays where almost every minute is organized and where one is brought around from one place to the other with about 15-20 minutes free in each location for photos, I couldn't shoot as much as I wanted nor could choose the time to be on location, and so on - this trip was, for me, just a sort of appetizer and a teaser for more trips to come: Egypt is an incredible place to photograph! In the meantime, I thought I'd share some pics with you, hoping you enjoy.

To start, some P1 street/PJ photography (who says the P1 is not good for that!):

Schoolteacher, Phase One 28mm

Sleeping soldier, Phase One 80mm

Soldier, Phase One 80mm

Sitting man, Phase One 150mm

Man at the door & crocodile, Phase One 80mm

Then, some classic Egypt views:

Philae, Phase One 150mm

Sisters at Kom Ombo, Mamiya 45mm

Jetty on the river Nile, Phase One 150mm

Kom Ombo, Mamiya 45mm

Temple of Hatshepsut, Mamiya 45mm

More photos (including M film stuff) here.

Hope you enjoyed, as always C&C are most welcome!

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Very nice series, Vieri. Beautiful captures, and sparkling Phase rendering :thumbup:
I was there with my wife in 2007 and I also hope to go back some day.
Our greatest experience was to visit the nubians in the villages like the one seen in your "Man at the door & crocodile" picture.
The interesting architecture and the fascinating colors. Unforgettable.

archivue

"Due to the trip being one of these organized holidays where almost every minute is organized and where one is brought around from one place to the other with about 15-20 minutes free in each location for photos, I couldn't shoot as much as I wanted nor could choose the time to be on location, and so on"

and you still call it holidays ? ;-)

vieri

Very nice series, Vieri. Beautiful captures, and sparkling Phase rendering :thumbup:
I was there with my wife in 2007 and I also hope to go back some day.
Our greatest experience was to visit the nubians in the villages like the one seen in your "Man at the door & crocodile" picture.
The interesting architecture and the fascinating colors. Unforgettable.
Thank you Steen, glad you enjoyed :D The nubian villages are very interesting, as is the whole country IMO, and definitely I want to go back there again - this time with more time in my hands though!

Vieri - thanks for sharing. These images just reinforce the quality capable of the P45+.

Don
Thank you Don, the P45+ is just a great back; I was very happy to see that I can use it on the street as well (not as portable & compact as my Ms though, but slightly better files! :ROTFL: )

Vieri

very enjoyable. thanks for posting them
Thank you Mark! :D

Nice stuff, Vieri, TX!
Bill
Thanks Bill! :)

"Due to the trip being one of these organized holidays where almost every minute is organized and where one is brought around from one place to the other with about 15-20 minutes free in each location for photos, I couldn't shoot as much as I wanted nor could choose the time to be on location, and so on"

and you still call it holidays ? ;-)
:ROTFL: Definitely not my idea of holiday, nor of "seeing a country": but hey, it was free, so I said what the hell and I went... I decided to use the trip as a "tester" for the country, to see if I found it interesting enough to go back again or not: I obviously did, so I hope to have a chance to be back soon (with at least a couple of weeks time though).

Thanks for the beautiful photos.
Thank you for viewing and commenting :D

Look just like Phase files for sure and I just love the first shot
Thank you Guy, glad you enjoyed - the guy in the first pic is a schoolteacher, and that is his classroom; talking with him after taking the pic, he didn't ask me for money or anything like that; he asked me if I had some pens to leave them... I had only one with me, but when you think that the hotel where we were staying had a couple pens & paper in every room, and the local school had none, that is sad and makes one angry at how things work in this world... :mad:

proenca

Vieri,

Fantastic shots - reminds me my trip to Egypt - although that first shoot its pure class - hats off to you ! Thanks for sharing