The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase 645AF to DF upgrade?

etrump

I have seen several mention the DF upgrade for $1500. From what I have read here and other sources it sounds like the DF is the camera the Phase 645AF was supposed to be.

My dealer has just informed me that the only people offered upgrades were those purchasing the 645AF in September of last year and all other 645AF customers were not offered any upgrades.

Can anyone here confirm this?

A sustainable upgrade path was part of the reason I selected Phase. While I have been happy with the three DBs I have owned, the P1-645AF has been a real dog so this is a real disappointment.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ed:

Maybe one of the dealers can chime in here and confirm, but yes, I think the $1500 DF body upgrade incentive was for folks whose kit purchases were made after August 2009...

wolf65

Hi Ed:

Maybe one of the dealers can chime in here and confirm, but yes, I think the $1500 DF body upgrade incentive was for folks whose kit purchases were made after August 2009...
yes it would be great to have some infos of the dealers and furthermore i'd finally love to get some confirmation whether i can use the new lenses for my afdIII body as promised earlier.

O

Optechs Digital

Yes, the upgrade program is over. Dealers had to have all upgrade orders in by the end of October 09.

Please don't shoot the messenger!!

Also, as i understand it, there will hopefully be a firmware upgrade to allow the leaf shutter Schneider lenses to work on the older AF body from Phase. The current thought is to make a custom function button to switch from focal to leaf shutter.

Best Regards,
Paul

Paul2660

Per Digital Transitions, my dealer, I was offered the upgrade.
My kit was purchased in March 2008. I first had the AFD II, then got the upgrade for 2K for the AFD III, Phase One branded body. The deal for me in Oct was the 1,500 price for the New DF body. As long as I signed by the 31st.

Just chk'd the other day, DT is still waiting for the bodies to come in for the people who didn't buy a P65 or P40 plus kit. I have to wonder if they are being made 1 body a day?

Hearing now late Feb.

OH Well,

Paul Caldwell

Last edited:

wolf65

Hi Ed:

Yes, the upgrade program is over. Dealers had to have all upgrade orders in by the end of October 09.

Please don't shoot the messenger!!

Also, as i understand it, there will hopefully be a firmware upgrade to allow the leaf shutter Schneider lenses to work on the older AF body from Phase. The current thought is to make a custom function button to switch from focal to leaf shutter.

Best Regards,
Paul
that means there is still no solution?
is there any real intention by the company to take care of
this problem?

etrump

Jury is still out on this. I have gotten conflicting reports but was never offered an upgrade by my dealer. They are saying that the offer was limited to those purchasing a P1-645 during a window of only a month. Which basically meant that anyone adopting the P1 body early was being left out in the cold.

This conflicts with Paul's experience so it would be nice to get some official confirmation.

A big part of my decision to pay the premium Phase One price was the commitment to keep their users upgraded with the current technology.