The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One and Windows 7

gsking

It says version 5 is compatible. Does anyone know about the older versions? My back is only fully compatible with 3.7.8.

Thanks,
Greg

gsking

And despite assurances from Capture One that all versions are compatible with my H10, they are wrong. Capture 5 now doesn't work AT ALL with my back. At least Capture 4 let me choose ISO50 and ISO100.

I guess we know why people get placed in Customer Support, don't we? ;)

T.Karma

I would consider getting rid of either if it gives you pain.
For myself I have decided, that if DB makers do not support Win properly, they will simply do not get my money no matter how nice the image quality is.
Big software vendors like Adobe are getting increasinly desinterested to the needs of Apple users, but it seems that DB makers do live in a different reality.

gsking

Yeah, they claim it's now MY fault. Despite the fact that Capture 3 and 4 worked, now MY hardware causes Capture 5 to cause a "camera error".

Sure.

narikin

5.01 +Win7 works fine for me, but on a P65+, not H10.

have you access to another digiback to try that?

I did have a C1 3.x laptop that tethered just fine but after upgrading to 4.x it always crashed when the camera was attached. apparently the demands on the firewire link got upped in later versions, and older computers couldn't always cut the mustard there.

I found that hard to believe (blaming the firewire board that worked perfectly before) until I installed the trial version on friends newer laptop, and indeed it worked perfectly. Realised it was time for a machine upgrade, that I'd been putting off too long. sometimes your hand needs forcing...

gsking

Yeah, that would be the most likely culprit, huh? Surprising that the software on the computer determines the firewire demands, and not the back itself.

No biggie. Capture 3 works well enough. Maybe I'll go back to 4, since I never shoot above ISO100 anyways (and only rarely there). I can't recall...any benefits in 4? I know 3 forgets my color management settings each time I close out, so maybe that's worth it alone.

Greg