The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

which 80mm Planar from these 3 lens are the best ?

archivue

Hasselblad pdf about the CFV39 :
• Supported lenses are CF/CFE 40 FLE, CFE 40 IF, CFi 50 FLE, CFi/CFE 80, CFi/CFE 120, CFi 150, CFE/CFE 180, CFi 250, CFE 250 Sa and CFE 350 Sa.

you can read CFi/CFE 80 !

PSon

Last edited:

PSon

Hasselblad pdf about the CFV39 :
• Supported lenses are CF/CFE 40 FLE, CFE 40 IF, CFi 50 FLE, CFi/CFE 80, CFi/CFE 120, CFi 150, CFE/CFE 180, CFi 250, CFE 250 Sa and CFE 350 Sa.

you can read CFi/CFE 80 !
Again, I thank you for your internet literature research but I am almost 99.99% sure that there is no Hasselblad Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2.8/80 CFi lens.

Here are examples where companies and camera rental-store listed the sale and rental prices of a product but no actual product was ever made or at least did not make it to the market:

Example 1: Sinar Hy6 90 Degree Prism was never made it to the market but was listed as ready to sell and rent.
a. From Sinar USA
http://www.usvista.com/son/Sinar 2008.pdf
stroll down to page 11 (96-7112 Sinar Hy6 90 degree reflex viewfinder $1,438.00

b. From Camera Rental-Store
http://www.ppratlanta.com/pdfs/digital_back.pdf

Example 2: Sinar Schneider 4/150 AFD was never made it to the market but was listed as ready to sell with price.
http://www.usvista.com/son/Sinar 2008.pdf
Stroll down to page 12 (96-7127 Sch AFD Xenotar 4/150 HFT PQS $3,662.00)

Example 3: Arca Swiss
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=172340#post172340
Stroll down to third post and I quote Jurgen below:
"After contacting ARCA SWISS , I found that an adaption for digital use with my ARCA SWISS 4x5 is not possible as the required format reduction board is in the catalogue but was never produced.
Jürgen
"

There are other examples as well but literature research especially the internet does not always translate into the actual fact. Moreover, I remember when the transition of the Hasselblad CF to CB, CFi and CFE lens in 1999. They first made the CB lens with minor limited function on their camera and sold it at a low price. The CB was their first testing sample which contain the following lens: 60, 80, 120, and 160 CB. These are the cheaper focal lengths in the Hasselblad line up with the exception of the 120mm Makro-Planar. The CFi lens were then follow up immediate with the higher price focal lengths (30, 905SWC, 50, 60, 100, 120, 150, 180, 250 etc). The 60mm CFi was not made right away only much later down the line. Soon after that the CFE lens were introduced but only for the selective focal lengths (40, 80, 120, 180) of the more popular lens line up for the 200 series camera especially the 203FE camera. Once the 80mm was made in CFE the 80mm FE lens was discontinued. Wedding and fine art school industries were the major markets for Hasselblad especially the 500 series camera. The 200 series was not the major market and thus they did not make some of the more popular focal lengths in CFE such as the 50mm lens. Overall the whole CB, CFi and CFE are very confusing especially for those who did not own the Hasselblad V system at the time of the lens transition. The CB, CFi and CFE were claimed to be more environment friendlier and attenuate internal flares. However, due to the friendly environmental glass folks reported that these optics are not as good as the CF and C T* version. For example, the 905SWC is considered less sharp than the 903SWC and these are also reported in Alpa mount as well. I myself have seen these differences not only in the Hasselblad mount but also the Rollei mount as well where Zeiss also made their optics. I hope this response helps to clear things and provided a short history for those who is entering into the Hasselblad V system.

Best Regards
Son

Last edited:

PSon

Archivue and Steve,
I like to retract my comment on the ebay listing. Thank you for the link and I stand corrected on this one. It appears that Hasselblad did make the 80mm CFi and this version must have not made it to the USA market. The 80mm CFi must have been made at the very end of the production of this focal length. The ebay listing of this item is collectible if Hasselblad did not sell a lot of this copy to the European, Asian and Australian markets. Unfortunately the 503CWD Anniversary is not in mint condition.
Best Regards
Son

Last edited:

PSon

Professional

I hope I understand your question but these ZV lens are the latest Zeiss production for the 500 series and they are very expensive:
http://www.smt.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/da93928ba5401612c12571ed0045fed4
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/520346-REG/Zeiss_1403_441_Wide_Angle_Distagon_T.html

Best Regards
Son
And i thought i will find something else cheaper, then i should go with CZ normal one which is slightly cheaper than this new latest one.

Thanks

archivue

i've just bought a CB, i will run a test as soon as i can borrow a 80CFe and a 80 CFi from friends... but my test will be with an aptus 22, not full size 6x6 !

I expect that the CB will be superior and in fact nealy egal... to the Cfi... for my use !
The CB is reported to be not as good as the CFi in the angles of a 6x6...
But at the end they are all quite similar !

I went with the CB for the Sync Socket... anyway, i have a 100CFi when ultra sharp images and no distortion is the goal !

archivue

considering the ZV ZEISS lenses for hassy...

The ZV 50 is based on the old CF non FLE... and cost more than a CFi 50 FLE... nonsense, just a collector item !

archivue

i've just made a quick comparison between a 80 CB and a CFe... very similar... the CB is sharper with a 36x48 digital back 22mp... but by a small margin.
The CFe must be better in the corner of a 6x6... but i just shoot digital now.