Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dalsa vs. Kodak chips

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dalsa vs. Kodak chips

You can use a multishot camera just like a singleshot, the only disadvantage is that the back is thicker. Now why would I regard that as being so? I am left-eyed which means my nose is already pressed against the back of the camera. With the MS back on the H I have it even pressed harder against the backside.

Ah well.. there is always something we need to bitch about

Yes, you can use multishot only tethered. It can only be used for non-moving things. you have to be working from a tripod (or mount your body in other ways as long as it is fixed). Having said that you would be amazed how often you can still use multishot. Since good practice means you take a single shot with each multishot, just in case. You can always blend the 2 where you would use the parts from the single shot image for everything moving and the multishot for everything stationary.

Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned in the other thread, the H4D40 is a Kodak TRUESENSE CCD, based on the 50MP architecture, plus microlenses giving extra sensitivity. Its a really nice combination....

so is it friendly with lens movements ?

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Probably not.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David Grover / Hasselblad View Post
    No probs!

That is the great thing about it. 1 shot and 4 shot together. So you have all the benefits of a portable camera, shooting to CF and then the ultimate studio camera.
    Seriously, I have to say this sounds like the "ideal" solution in high-resolution MFDB capture. The one big gripe I have with my Phase P65+ is the back actually captures a little more than what the finder sees, and frankly that drives me nuts! I much preferred my P45+'s framing with the thin zone around the edges -- I prefer that because I know exactly what I'm getting in the frame. But then I certainly do prefer the overall files from the P65+ over the P45+'s...

Seriously folks, if I wasn't so heavily invested in Phase and had a way out without losing my shirt money-wise, I would look very seriously consider switching systems to get the Hassy 50MS back...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The H4D50 is 2290 g
    The H4D60 is 1800 g

So I suppose the H4D50MS is still heavier. Is it the back that make such a difference ?

As well, P65+ is 1mn long exposure maximum (I suppose Hasselblad can do this too ?), as the others back are for one hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the back has a piezo engine in it which moves the CCD.

This is a very high precision piece of equipment, even built so that changes in ambient temperature have the least effect on calibration, therefore it must be built well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I can understand it's heavier
    But, do you mean 2290 g is the weigh of the H4D50 MS and not the weigh of H4D50 or that all H4D50 are multishot ? (I read the weigh on the Hasselblad specs).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerome View Post
    I can understand it's heavier
    But, do you mean 2290 g is the weigh of the H4D50 MS and not the weigh of H4D50 or that all H4D50 are multishot ? (I read the weigh on the Hasselblad specs).
    The confusion is because the manual says

H4D-60 - "1800 g (Camera body, HV 90x-II viewfinder, Li-Ion battery and CF card)"
    H4D-50 - "2290 g (Complete camera w. HC80 mm lens, Li-Ion battery and CF card)"
    The 60MP has no lense in the weight which would add "Weight 475 g" ti give 2275 g. The balance could be due to the difference in weights of the two viewfinders - HV 90x-II and HVD 90x

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ajoyroy View Post
    The confusion is because the manual says

H4D-60 - "1800 g (Camera body, HV 90x-II viewfinder, Li-Ion battery and CF card)"
    H4D-50 - "2290 g (Complete camera w. HC80 mm lens, Li-Ion battery and CF card)"
    The 60MP has no lense in the weight which would add "Weight 475 g" ti give 2275 g. The balance could be due to the difference in weights of the two viewfinders - HV 90x-II and HVD 90x
    Thanks