The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The ZD Driving the California Coast

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Morning folks running to the airport to get home but quickly wanted to get some ZD images up. After the workshop we had 5 attendees still here for the night. So I took them on a day shoot shoot down the coast south of Carmel. One of those trips for me One camera and one 80 mm lens. So everything here is the Mamiya AFD-II with the normal Mamiya 80mm 2.8 standard lens. It was fun just to shoot one lens for the day. I'm on a laptop that is still having major Adobe program issues. I will just have to re load this thing. Anyway hard to process without my Cinema but no sharpening done at all and tried my best with WB. But have to say this was a blast to hang with them and teach them more and just enjoy the day together shooting. Besides i enjoyed this camera very much. A little slow on reviewing and such but it was fine. Enjoy post more later from home.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Those are beautiful images Guy. I can see why you wanted that hardware. On top of the great stuff it brings to your landscapes, I have to believe your clients will be well pleased by the images you'll be able to show them. Especially if you can figure out a way to wedge it into a cockpit! Best of luck with it.

helenhill

Guy:
ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT....... ZD Addiction
in particular first series of shots : #2,4,5 Cheers! h

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Nice...doesn't the logoon shot with the water fall look like a good place to swim....Paridise.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
GREAT set of images and a gorgeous day -- I especially like the first waterfall shot. Need to print that up big when you get home. Looks like you and the gang were having a super time :thumbs:

Safe journeys home to all!

Cheers,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Terry: That's a great shot of Guy, but most notable is he can at least hold this Mamiya level :ROTFL:

Maggie O

Nice...doesn't the logoon shot with the water fall look like a good place to swim....Paridise.
As a former Northern Californian, I can tell you that the lagoon may look inviting, but you'd better have a wet suit- it's COLD! :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It sure did. I was more talking about no banding in the sky around the sun, which is a usual digital artifact. Plus, zero flare as far as I can tell, and you are definitely pointed into a bright light source...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guys,
Why the heck did you show me those shots?
I WAS addicted to a light weight bag.

As for the sharpening, it looks to me that you might just not do any capture sharpening at all and then only look to do some local contrast increase in post.
Is that your take on it too?
-bob