The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The ZD Driving the California Coast

PeterA

I think that Mamiya has done a lot of people a big favour selling a system at that price supported by a lens line-up that is pretty cool. Nice pics Guy - keep 'em coming. Why wouldn't an enthusiast - let alone a pro have one of these in their kit?

helenhill

I Want it more than an M8!!!!! Lust,lust,lust
What more could I want /my Grd2, soon to arrive DP1,
and Santa to bring me a Mamiya ZD
;) helen

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob:

Too funny! :ROTFL:

On the sharpening, there is a lot to these files. We found the same detail extraction action you already have gave great results; while subtle, they definitely add to the final file. Probably too slight to show well in a web jpeg, but definitely a nice, subtle pop on print. Next time you're in town, you can play around with it. Very nifty camera, but not going to replace my M8's for travel :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guys,
Why the heck did you show me those shots?
I WAS addicted to a light weight bag.

As for the sharpening, it looks to me that you might just not do any capture sharpening at all and then only look to do some local contrast increase in post.
Is that your take on it too?
-bob
Bob I am thinking the same thing. It can take the sharpening but it really does not need it . There is so much detail and DR here i actually have to add black and bring it up. I like saturation and contrast . I have to do it that is how much DR is going on. Frankly this is like a double M8

Guy Mancuso

It looks down right unnatural.
This is what I might have expected (with apologies to Terry).
-bob
Well i am NOT a 28 year old good looking model runway model for sure. Just a wrinkle old fart that leans over too much. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Trying to get my system back . Been having troubles with LR and CS3 . I got something finally to work.

Guy Mancuso

This MF stuff is killing me it is so nice and sharp. The files are just flat out amazing. Anyway this one has a contrast curve and no sharpening but the second one i did both. They hold up either way very good. i think when i load on the web though it get's a little clunky which they are not . Let's se what happens here

Guy Mancuso

This is the 80mm at 2.8 which is wide open the Bokeh on this one is a little strange but certainly a background issue because it looks good elsewhere.

Damn I think LR and CS3 just went down again. I am so annoyed by this