The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cube and leveling base

Jeffg53

I just got my Cube and, after deciding that I couldn't justify a second as a paperweight, started to wonder whether folks have abandoned their leveling base once they have the Cube. It occurs to me that, for most of what I do, the Cube is all that I need.

As an aside, I had no problem with my RRS L bracket. I simply mounted it in the clamp, and clicked it shut.

Last edited:

Don Libby

Jeff – I sold off my leveling base shortly after getting the Cube. I’ve had the Cube now for 12-months and have shot it everywhere from the floor of the giant redwoods, in Yosemite Valley and on a (small) cliff face, the Grand Canyon and elsewhere and in all the shooting I’ve done I have never once had any problems with any of the knobs or problems proper leveling.

Just my story of the Cube.

Don

I still remind myself everyday I use the Cube to thank Jack for pushing me over the edge to buy it. :salute: