The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

in doubt: Hasselblad VS Phase One

H3dtogo

And i was thinking to myself: why not use what i have got, i made some great pictures with it in the past, why not do so in the future. I make a profit of at least 14K by not buing stuff until i have sold some gear. Btw, how much should a Hasselblad H1 with Sinarback Emotion22 be worth. I am thinking of selling it but want to get a fair price.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Take a look at this link gives you some idea on value in trades towards a P40+ or P65+

Bottom line the idea here is to get you in so trade values are very good.

http://www.captureintegration.com/2009/11/20/best-upgrade-offers-of-the-year/

Now I am not sure if Hassy does off brand trade ins. Maybe someone can help show this or not

Anymore it seems to me trade ins are a better value than outright selling . Obviously you have to stay within the MF line. But I did trade in myself and was pleased with the difference in price. Obviously not for everyone of course but I was staying within Phase anyway so it made sense at the time. Look at all these options out there you just never know how well you can do.
Also I believe this is with any Phase dealer

fotografz

Take a look at this link gives you some idea on value in trades towards a P40+ or P65+

Bottom line the idea here is to get you in so trade values are very good.

http://www.captureintegration.com/2009/11/20/best-upgrade-offers-of-the-year/

Now I am not sure if Hassy does off brand trade ins. Maybe someone can help show this or not

Anymore it seems to me trade ins are a better value than outright selling . Obviously you have to stay within the MF line. But I did trade in myself and was pleased with the difference in price. Obviously not for everyone of course but I was staying within Phase anyway so it made sense at the time. Look at all these options out there you just never know how well you can do.
Also I believe this is with any Phase dealer
Yep, any brand MF and digital back is eligible for trade if Hassey is still running their promo. This was before the H4D/40 was announced, so I don't know if it'll be included or not.

Nick-T

:)

I RSVP'd in advance and sought the blessing of the Hassy guys when I arrived. They were welcoming and I returned the respect by being restraining myself to observation. We would show the same courtesy to anyone who wanted to attend an event we were hosting.
Doug I'm sure you realised I was joking, at Photokina I spent a bit of time on the Phase and Leaf and Sinar stands (wearing a Hasselblad shirt as I was demoing the HTS) and they were all very welcoming and professional.

Nick-T

(The only issue we had at Photokina was the huge number of Phase users wanting to see the HTS :D

ptomsu

Workshop Member
In doubt I would suggest today - after all my experiences Hasselblad!

Took me over a year to decide, tested Phase and Hassi and really liked Phase, but finally decided for a Hasselblad. I must admit it was the great price offer initially.

Now after using it for almost 3 months I would never ever again decide for anything else. Several reasons which are fitting perfectly - handling, IQ, the quality and functionality of Phocus (always thought this can only be done in C1) and the perfect lenses.

So if you do not need the shutter speeds shorter that 1/800 go for it, you will not regret. And think twice if you really need faster speeds, I thought so but for what I use MF I actually do not need it so far.

Just my 5c - hope that helps ;)

H3dtogo

Well, i have made up my mind but... first i will have to sell my H3dII-39 multishot camera. It is as new, 4899 shots taken, in box only 12750 euro.

H3dtogo

Decided to do nothing and spent the money for selfpromotion. Any more pixels will not make more profit and the H3dII39MS is as good as i can buy at the moment.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I recently received my new DF body from CI.
It is focusing very well and much better than the AFDIII
Shutter lag is a non-issue at this point
AF is fast and totally acceptable, more AF points would be nice, but not really a primary issue, but might be a nice future enhancement.
thanks
-bob

H3dtogo

Now I am looking for someone who wants to trade his Mamiya AFD Sinar emotion adapterplate for a Hasselblad H plat. ( I have the Hasselblad H plate and want to tade it for a mamiya one).

David K

Workshop Member
AF is fast and totally acceptable, more AF points would be nice, but not really a primary issue, but might be a nice future enhancement.
thanks
-bob
Great news Bob, I know you've been waiting for this patiently !!!!

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

thanks
-bob
I'm glad you finally got it, Bob - I love mine for the same reasons you give!
Plus battery life is outstanding.
Bill

C

Christie

The inclusion of the body-shutter also opens up a huge range of lens options as you noted - basically anything that can physically attach and can be focused mechanically can be used. I've seen everything from Leica microscope lenses (that was my experiment) to a Canon 85mm f/1.2 lens (for macro work - it could not focus at infinity). The entire series of Hassy 500 and 200 series lenses, pentax, etc etc etc.
[/font]
It seems you're saying that Canon lenses can be used on the Phase One cameras, I'm considering the 645 AFD III, P40+ and that would be awesome because I have some really good Canon lenses... would it require and adapter? Thanks.