Site Sponsors

Thread: Just a proposal

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just a proposal

Can't we start threads of the type : "more & more fun with my CFV back" for example ?
    The idea is to group pictures taken with the same backs to get a better idea of what we can expect from them.
    So we could get different groups for different backs.

At the beginning it could be interesting to have the spec of the back and the cropping factor which is seldom mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for reading
    Sinwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Just a proposal

Sure, go ahead.
    The problem in general is that there are a very large number of ways that the forums could be organized, but you are free to start a thread of that sort if you would like.
    -bob

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure how well it will work though. The community here is rather small and friendly, and if you start splitting things up too much, you might end up with a couple of people per thread. The regular more and more fun thread isn't all that busy. Why not just search it for CFV?
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sinwen,

I think Carsten makes a good point of the likely outcome of splitting by brand, but you are certainly welcome to try it out. If it doesn't get as much traffic as you hoped, let me know, and I can always merge it in with the existing MF Image thread...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

I never really get why forums split up actual work in this way.

I would prefer the opposite approach, a single forum for posting work you are proud of regardless of what it was shot on. That would allow you to see a lot more good images without trawling through different forum sections.

It makes sense to have separe camera type forums for keeping technical info separate and easily found but keeping the images all separate in forums kind of implies that the camera type is responsible for the finished work more so than the photographer.

Just a thought!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would make sense to at least separate 35mm format cameras from MF and LF cameras, simply because of the volume of interest in the smaller formats. In general I agree though, and MF+LF, film+digital would be fine for me.
    Carsten - Website