The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any other brand than Kapturegroup

B

BlueLemon

I have written Kapturegroup now - i think twice or even three times regarding a sliding back for my Hasselblad H3D2-39

I want to mount on a Sinar P primarely and use it with old barrel lenses and Petzval´s. Also Heliar and a Verito with studio shutter. I also would like to use the Sinar Copal shutter when using the barrellenses without shutters

So my question - is there another solution which can accomodate these needs / wishes ?

Have not heard from Kapturegroup though I´ve heard they have a good product - but are there other manufacturers that You guys can recommend ?

And a secondary question : I also have a Linhof Technika 5 - is it possible to have 1 adapter for both the Sinar and the Linhof ? Want to save some bucks of course

Thanks
Claus

Last edited:

FromJapan

Hi Claus,

Keith is usually very good at communication, has an excellent product, and delivers great service.

If you had a V mount back, you could have bought my Sinar sliding back for your Sinar P, but it wouldn't work with the Linhof. It is the best solution for a Sinar, keeping the tilt and swing planes correct.
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13277

You can use any Graflok type sliding back. KaptureGroup, Cambo and Linhof make them.

Forgot to say that the KaptureGroup adapter has a user changeable camera side interface, so you could go from Sinar to Linhof to Graflok. Each adapter costs $200.

Cheers,
Kumar

Last edited:

archivue

Silvestri have solutions too... but i will definetly go with the Kapture group !
If you don't want to use short lenses, the best solution may be a Kapture group sliding (or stitching back) that will be mount with the graflock, so you will be able to swap from linhof to sinar... otherwise, you can have a Kapture back that will be mount on a sinar lensboard, but then you will need to remove it from the lensboard (4 small screws) to mount it on an other interface !
Ask Keith Hugues about it... nice person to deal with !

Dustbak

I have the Kapturegroup as well. I am very happy with it.

Over the years I have had contact with Keith Hughes several times.

He always responded within a day. Not receiving an answer from him after several emails doesn't sound like what I am used to. Try sending from another email address maybe your email gets filtered by a spam filter. Unfortunetaly there are too many badly configured spamfilters nowadays making email somewhat unreliable :(

fotografz

Add me also ... Kapture Group made the sliding back to fit my H3D-II/39 to a Rollei Xact-II. :thumbup:

-Marc

gogopix

Subscriber
Yes, Keith us usually very responsive.
give a call.
I have an Leica R "Truewide" (thier only one I am told, so I use my P65+ with Leica R modular 800mm lens!

Victor

Steve Hendrix

Have been selling KaptureGroup products for years. Never really had any problems with them and the very few times I have, Keith has been responsive and accommodating. I presume he sells direct also, but he does allow dealers to sell and we typically sell below his web pricing (and of course provide additional support).

Steve Hendrix

etrump

My Kapture Group products were purchased through CI. I have been happy with their products and prefer to let CI handle the relationship with KG so I have a single point of contact for all my MF issues (both sales and support).

fotografz

Ditto. I bought my whole view camera system through a dealer ... and he handled all the stuff with Kapture Group and provided quick support afterwards.

-Marc

MIke

Have been selling KaptureGroup products for years. Never really had any problems with them and the very few times I have, Keith has been responsive and accommodating. I presume he sells direct also, but he does allow dealers to sell and we typically sell below his web pricing (and of course provide additional support).

Steve Hendrix
Hi - I am looking for a Kapturegroup HA-001 cable to fit Hasselblad CFV back. Please let me know if you have one for sale.

Thanks,
Mike