Site Sponsors

Thread: Any other brand than Kapturegroup

BlueLemon

Any other brand than Kapturegroup

I have written Kapturegroup now - i think twice or even three times regarding a sliding back for my Hasselblad H3D2-39

I want to mount on a Sinar P primarely and use it with old barrel lenses and Petzval´s. Also Heliar and a Verito with studio shutter. I also would like to use the Sinar Copal shutter when using the barrellenses without shutters

So my question - is there another solution which can accomodate these needs / wishes ?

Have not heard from Kapturegroup though I´ve heard they have a good product - but are there other manufacturers that You guys can recommend ?

And a secondary question : I also have a Linhof Technika 5 - is it possible to have 1 adapter for both the Sinar and the Linhof ? Want to save some bucks of course

Thanks
    Claus
    Last edited by BlueLemon; 17th February 2010 at 21:19. Reason: forgot something

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any other brand than Kapturegroup

Hi Claus,

Keith is usually very good at communication, has an excellent product, and delivers great service.

If you had a V mount back, you could have bought my Sinar sliding back for your Sinar P, but it wouldn't work with the Linhof. It is the best solution for a Sinar, keeping the tilt and swing planes correct.
    http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13277

You can use any Graflok type sliding back. KaptureGroup, Cambo and Linhof make them.

Forgot to say that the KaptureGroup adapter has a user changeable camera side interface, so you could go from Sinar to Linhof to Graflok. Each adapter costs $200.

Cheers,
    Kumar
    Last edited by FromJapan; 17th February 2010 at 23:37. Reason: More information

Post Thanks / Like

Silvestri have solutions too... but i will definetly go with the Kapture group !
    If you don't want to use short lenses, the best solution may be a Kapture group sliding (or stitching back) that will be mount with the graflock, so you will be able to swap from linhof to sinar... otherwise, you can have a Kapture back that will be mount on a sinar lensboard, but then you will need to remove it from the lensboard (4 small screws) to mount it on an other interface !
    Ask Keith Hugues about it... nice person to deal with !

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Kapturegroup as well. I am very happy with it.

Over the years I have had contact with Keith Hughes several times.

He always responded within a day. Not receiving an answer from him after several emails doesn't sound like what I am used to. Try sending from another email address maybe your email gets filtered by a spam filter. Unfortunetaly there are too many badly configured spamfilters nowadays making email somewhat unreliable

Post Thanks / Like

i've just send keith an email...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Add me to the KG fans. I've purchased gear from them, and find Keith to be helpful and cooperative.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Add me also ... Kapture Group made the sliding back to fit my H3D-II/39 to a Rollei Xact-II.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Keith us usually very responsive.
    give a call.
    I have an Leica R "Truewide" (thier only one I am told, so I use my P65+ with Leica R modular 800mm lens!

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Have been selling KaptureGroup products for years. Never really had any problems with them and the very few times I have, Keith has been responsive and accommodating. I presume he sells direct also, but he does allow dealers to sell and we typically sell below his web pricing (and of course provide additional support).

Steve Hendrix
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: • Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar • Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: • Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar • Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like

My Kapture Group products were purchased through CI. I have been happy with their products and prefer to let CI handle the relationship with KG so I have a single point of contact for all my MF issues (both sales and support).

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ditto. I bought my whole view camera system through a dealer ... and he handled all the stuff with Kapture Group and provided quick support afterwards.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hendrix View Post
    Have been selling KaptureGroup products for years. Never really had any problems with them and the very few times I have, Keith has been responsive and accommodating. I presume he sells direct also, but he does allow dealers to sell and we typically sell below his web pricing (and of course provide additional support).

Steve Hendrix
    Hi - I am looking for a Kapturegroup HA-001 cable to fit Hasselblad CFV back. Please let me know if you have one for sale.

Thanks,
    Mike