The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Big day for MFD - Leaf tethers to Capture One 5.1

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
PeterL: if you're on windows then you don't have the scripts menu (it relies on AppleScript which is provided at the OS level on a Mac).

JimCollum: Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten that was there. Yes, I would likewise expect details like that to be addressed in the next major update or two. They needed to get the broad strokes in (color, detail, noise reduction, reading compressed files etc) for Leaf files; a few of the "nice touches" of compatibility are not there. I can't promise they will be added, but expect for several improvements specific to Leaf in the next version or two.

thomas

As to the stitching script...
It's certainly very nice to offer something like that.
However Photoshops merger mostly works better in "reposition" mode (instead of "auto" mode). At least this goes for my setup.
"Auto" may transform the images (i.e. it includes interpolation), "reposition" only arranges and stitches them.
Too, if you use the Alpa Lens Corrector you want the captures without any transformation to work accurate. With Alpa Lens Corrector you can first correct the single captures and stitch them afterwards. Or you can first stitch them and do the lens correction on the stitched image afterwards - but in both cases you have to preserve the original proportions of the captures... and "auto" doesn't do that (at least it doesn't in any case).

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Agree re CS stitching. Frankly, I find AutoPano superior and worth the price if you do more than a few merges per year...

yaya

As to the stitching script...
It's certainly very nice to offer something like that.
However Photoshops merger mostly works better in "reposition" mode (instead of "auto" mode). At least this goes for my setup.
"Auto" may transform the images (i.e. it includes interpolation), "reposition" only arranges and stitches them.
Too, if you use the Alpa Lens Corrector you want the captures without any transformation to work accurate. With Alpa Lens Corrector you can first correct the single captures and stitch them afterwards. Or you can first stitch them and do the lens correction on the stitched image afterwards - but in both cases you have to preserve the original proportions of the captures... and "auto" doesn't do that (at least it doesn't in any case).
Hi Thomas,

The stitching script was written with the Flex Adapter in mind, so it is designed to handle flat stitches only, that are mostly created carefully in the studio.
For frames that are "nearly" where they should be (plain, perspective and XY position, "Auto" seems to be doing a better job, at least when one want a simple automatic process.

Cheers
yair

thomas

Hi Thomas,

The stitching script was written with the Flex Adapter in mind, so it is designed to handle flat stitches only, that are mostly created carefully in the studio.
For frames that are "nearly" where they should be (plain, perspective and XY position, "Auto" seems to be doing a better job, at least when one want a simple automatic process.

Cheers
yair
Hi Yair,

I was referring to that kind of stitching, i.e. stitching of captures from the sensor moved around inside the image circle of a large format lens.
You are right: "auto" is better for an automatic process. However it may degrade IQ due to interpolation and a tool like Alpa Lens Corrector won't work really accurate when the compostion was stitched in "auto" mode (not necessarily, but it can happen).

Best Regards,
Thomas