The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV back

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Good catch shakeshuck --- definitely some remnant pieces or "merge ghosts" left over from the blend --- visible along the left edge of the main line (line meaning the rope or cable holding to the boat). They look like black marks on the hull of the ship running parallel to the line on the lower half of the line itself, but the line also has double fuzzes and double edges near the upper third...

fotografz

The following is a quote from the Hasselblad technical info on the CFV 11...

"Not recommended for critical work together with SWC models and ArcBody due to optical incompatibility"

Can any kind soul please explain this optical icompatibility?
Got me. I used the original CFV on a SWC all the time. The only thing I can think of is that the IR filter was changed on the CFV-II with a better anti-reflective coating. Perhaps that caused some issue with the SWC lens being so close to the sensor and the angle of the light striking it. Other than that, the back is identical. I've used the CFV-II on a Mamiya RZ with a T/S lens with no problems. I'm stumped.

KeithL

Marc, I did wonder if it could be something to do with the IR filter, as you say it's about the only thing that's changed on the CFV 11.

jlm

Workshop Member
i see the ghosts. i'll try another merge using only two focus shots to see if that makes a difference. those ropes were quite taut, so i would be surprised if one moved or vibrated between shots

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
John,

I find this revised version much better technically and second, more appealing as an image due to the distant buildings being slightly oof and thus lending added prominence to the ship...

My .02 only,

jlm

Workshop Member
thanks jack, good points. i also tried the same merge of the original 3 shots using a Helicon radius of 3 and of 17 compared to 7 for the default. still had the artifacts, slightly varied.

jlm

Workshop Member
a few shots of homes in "Admiral's Row", an area of the Navy yard once used to house officers. abandoned to ruin for 50 years.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
jlm

Yes , very nice , your images .
That is what I am still looking for . Think of the calendar project in the other forum .

You are invited to participate and I would be very pleased .

Best regards Jürgen

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Yes Marc

I have seen the other images as well .
I am very very excited , I can not hide this .
Just great . What fantastic images the CFV can produce . (in small letters, if it works :) )

I see a lot of work coming up for me .

Best regards Jürgen

Uaiomex

Hi Jurgen:
I think we will need to do a co-op to help you out printing so many pictures
:eek:
Eduardo

Yes Marc

I have seen the other images as well .
I am very very excited , I can not hide this .
Just great . What fantastic images the CFV can produce . (in small letters, if it works :) )

I see a lot of work coming up for me .

Best regards Jürgen

bensonga

problem solved. I had installed the newest firmware. seems i wasn't holding the on button on long enough!

thanks mark
I've been wondering about this myself. It seems I have to hold the power button down on my CFV-II for about 5 seconds to get it to power up consistently. Same thing when I want to power it down....have to hold the button down for 4-5 seconds, but even this doesn't always get it to power down on the first try. Is there a trick to this?

Also, I haven't found anything in the CFV manual about the ''internal battery''. Can someone give me the scoop on this? Do I need to hook the camera up to my Mac Pro to charge this up somehow? Could this have anything to do with the power up/power down timing of my CFV?

I guess I'm just used to the usual Canon/Nikon digital camera or DSLR where I just push the power button for less than a second and it powers up or powers down, without hardly thinking about it.

I had convinced myself that this was just another "quirk" of the Hasselblad. As an owner of European motorcycles (BMW and formerly Ducati), I'm used to quirky mechanical/electrical pieces of equipment.

Also, I haven't hooked my camera up to the computer to install any firmware....is this something I should do? Since it's only about a month old, I figured it should have the latest firmware.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

jlm

Workshop Member
if you download the latest flexcolor, the next time you hook up the back, it will allow you to update the firmware.
if you leave the back hooked up for 12 hrs, it is supposed to recharge the internal battery. if it does not hold a charge, there is a funky component that needs factory replacement.

firewire will also power the back and charge the internal battery, but usb will require the external battery.
i always have to hold down the power switch a few seconds...probably a safety
device.