The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV back

jlm

Workshop Member
any advice?

CFV back on 205TCC is giving problems powering up. with any of the three batteries, i get a brief flash red of the ready light, then the led blinks dimly, then the ready light goes orange and then out. same with all three batteries and with them all recharged. back worked with batteries last week and yesterday!

back works fine tethered to mac.

fotografz

any advice?

CFV back on 205TCC is giving problems powering up. with any of the three batteries, i get a brief flash red of the ready light, then the led blinks dimly, then the ready light goes orange and then out. same with all three batteries and with them all recharged. back worked with batteries last week and yesterday!

back works fine tethered to mac.
Clean and inspect the contacts on the back, If 3 different freshly recharged batteries don't work it's gotta be the back (or all three batteries need re-conditioning) ... either the contacts on the back are dirty, or the connections are suspect. That it works with Firewire means that power path is okay and the digital back works.

Try hooking up the firewire with the battery in place, fire it up, then remove the firewire and see if the back stays on.

BTW, did you install the new firmware recently?

jlm

Workshop Member
problem solved. I had installed the newest firmware. seems i wasn't holding the on button on long enough!

thanks mark

fotografz

problem solved. I had installed the newest firmware. seems i wasn't holding the on button on long enough!

thanks mark
You're welcome Jim. Ask any CFV question, I'll try to help if I can. Great digital back BTW.

jlm

Workshop Member
first day out in the "hood", that is the Navy Yard, where I work. images right from the card need a lot of color correction...they look greenish and wrong temp, though i am shooting in daylight and have the back set at daylight??? using flexcolor, newest version. here are a couple showing the funk of the yard and an active job in a dry dock

all 80mm FE

fotografz

Nice work Jim. That back combinded with those lenses is something else ... a marriage made in heaven.

Woody needs to see these. He just bought a Hassey from me and is looking for a digital back eventually.

D

DougDolde

They look fantastic. Nice work and a great testimonial for the CFV.

Do you have to use Flexcolor or will Adobe Camera Raw read the raw files?

woodyspedden

Nice work Jim. That back combinded with those lenses is something else ... a marriage made in heaven.

Woody needs to see these. He just bought a Hassey from me and is looking for a digital back eventually.
Jeez thanks Marc

And to think that I have yet to put a roll of Velvia through this puppy (will do today though) and already you have me looking at another $10K to go digital with the V series.

Woody

woodyspedden

Thanks Marc..........I thought so.

I am getting along fine with the camera so far. It took a bit of work to figure out how all the buttons worked on the lenses though. I didn't realize that the DOF button as they call it could be locked and of course when locked the viewfinder dimmed as the aperture lever was moved. I finally figured out how to unlock it and now everything is o.k. Couple of other idiosyncrasies but once figured out it really is a simple camera. Hasselblad just needs a users manual that has the info one needs! Thanks to you for being my manual. You are great.

Woody

jlm

Workshop Member
a couple of things i have discovered, might not be obvious:
a shade is handy if you are trying to see much in the LCD in bright light;
i may add some sort of shaded mask (like the crop screen in PS) in the viewfinder to match the 4x4 format
flexcolor can be downloaded for free as long as you give the your back ser. #
when tethered, FC will also load the latest firmware onto your back
don't expect the shots to look their best in the FC viewer, even after exposure, B and C, sat (i don't sharpen in FC). CS3 will finish them off fine
firewire tether to the macbook pro also supplies power to the back, you can leave the battery in your bag
sony ilink may work, but it will not supply power, as it is only two wire
FC is slow to process your .rrr file compared to C1 and M8 files, must be the bigger size?
a few questions?
do .rrr files have to be processed in FC, or will C! or CR or LR do it?
what is the point of Fc changing .rrr files to .dng?
I have to dig more into FC, but can you batch WB, for example?
is it possible to load a camera profile into FC that automatically sets a few things?

thx

jm

robsteve

Subscriber
JM:

I only use Flexcolor with my DMR ocassionally but I think you can do what you want to do.

With Flexcolor, you can save your settings as a setup. Open an image, make the adjustments you like and use file/setup and click on new to create a named setup.

You can apply this setup in the thumbnail view by selecting the thumbnails you want to modify and select the modify button. A window will open which will allow you to apply this setup.

I think you can also use the setups when shooting tethered.

BTW, in regards to your color issues, try selecting highlight or shadow cast remove or both. It is under file setup and the auto tab.

Robert