Site Sponsors

Thread: raw sinar processing

Post Thanks / Like

raw sinar processing

although they are DNG, I could not even SEE the files in C1. Is this a phase vs sinar issue?
    Also the Expressions (sic!) SW is mac only?

how do PC people process emotion raw files?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: raw sinar processing

The Sinarback really needs a Mac to go with it. I'm not aware of any PC options. Once you have used a Mac to create the DNG, then there are PC options for developing the raw file. There may be a PC version of Exposure on the way. Perhaps Thierry can update us on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

PC people have no emotions, like you didn't know.

thsinar

Yes, there is an eXposure version for PC on the way: ETA is Photokina.

And yes, DNGs are cross-platform files, Mac AND Windows.

Best regards,
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by foto-z View Post
    The Sinarback really needs a Mac to go with it. I'm not aware of any PC options. Once you have used a Mac to create the DNG, then there are PC options for developing the raw file. There may be a PC version of Exposure on the way. Perhaps Thierry can update us on that.
    Last edited by thsinar; 17th April 2008 at 20:08.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foto-z View Post
    but I had no problem opening in ACR. Then I simply selected a profile that kept a grey card neutral and was able to match Grahams exposure file (for some reason even though the profile attached was prophoto, I ASSIGNED adobe rgb and it went right to balance.

even though it purports to be DNG, all DNG are not equal as we found out with DMR and M8. C1 opens the latter, but my C1 3.7.8 wont even show the thumbnail (if there is one) In any case doesnt open, but then we wouldnt expect it to, would we.

Post Thanks / Like

Victor,

I use Capture One 4, and it has no problems reading the DNG from the Sinar eMotion back. I still use the Brumbaer DNG converter though.

Also, once in C1-4, select the camera profile called "Adobe DNG neutral" (or something similar, but there is only one choice for Adobe DNG).

David
    Last edited by David Klepacki; 17th April 2008 at 21:39. Reason: spelling error