Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starting to play with some S2 files

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting to play with some S2 files

I know there aren't any real profiles available for the S2 yet but I very much like the colour it puts out. I'd love to see some skin tones to back this up though.

Thanks again, Terry.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Forgot to add the third picture has significant blur from hand holding so don't judge too heavily on the detail...
    Whoops must have sent you a wrong file I was trying to look for that. I can send something else. I was handholding a lot and it was the first time I was using medium format so getting used to DOF, stopping down much more than I'm used to and shutter speed weren't fully engrained.
    I have shots with people for skin tones but I didn't want to send the files without their permission. I can ask.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I know there aren't any real profiles available for the S2 yet but I very much like the colour it puts out. I'd love to see some skin tones to back this up though.

Thanks again, Terry.
    Extremely well done review right here

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12243
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Extremely well done review right here

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12243
    Extremely well done AND had skin tones
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Absolutely,
    I am not trying to do any sort of review whatsoever. My original post was about what I was learning in the process.

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One good thing: My partner who possesses a far greater mind and eyes than I said she thought these files exhibit a three dimensionality she finds lacking in my Mamiya 7 kit but that she liked with my Leica ASPH lenses (she is an artist but not camera literate so didn't mention what lenses specifically just "that Mamiya of yours and your old Leica shots.") I suppose that's an endorsement!
    I could not let this pass me by....the following are Mamiya 7 with 65:

Sheldonian

Christ Church Building

I hear this criticism of the Mamiya periodically and personally think that it may not be completely accurate. After shooting Leica M Hassy V and H and Alpa with Schneider and Rodenstock in addition to LF my assessment is that the Mamiya 6/7 lenses can hold their own against any system. I have begun looking for another Mamiya 7II to reaquire a 65 as most of my files with this combination are very pleasing to me. Hard to find a better travel camera for good light.

Now back to the S2!

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob, yes I agree. I personally don't find anything lacking with my Mamiya lenses. In fact they're the best I've ever shot. I think what my partner is talking about is the out of focus look and how the S2 files seem show smoother oof areas, making the foreground pop.

Like you, I just opened a box containing yet another M7 lens so my lens collection is still steadily growing despite lusting for a digi MF system...

Tim