Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad Filter Query

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad Filter Query

Other than buying the rare OEM B77 mount filters, is there any simple (e.g. costs this side of silly) way to attach a UV-0 or other 77mm filter to a lens such as the 110/2?

Being doing some Googling and searching of the usual suppliers and coming up with all sorts of other bayonet-screw filter adapters such as B60, B70, but nothing so far for the B77 specified.

Anyone found a work-around or a source they are holding close to the vest?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad Filter Query

Missed my edit deadline.

Hasselblad math seems a little odd, which may be throwing me. While the specs indicate a B77 is the filter of choice, the only ones I've found are for the HC lens line (bayonet the same?).

That said, I've also seen it indicated that a 70mm filter will fit - as would jive with the numbering system of the hood. Yet, when measured the diameter of the inner bayonet mount, let alone the outer one, are 77mm+.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like answered own question - Series 70. My only guess is that it refers to the diameter of the front element, but I'm only guessing and not anxious to get some calibers near the glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rob:

Try B+W filters. Not cheap though at $150 to $175. Buying that lens may have been the cheapest part of it

An Ebay search on "Bay 70" or B70 will bring up some cheaper options.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rob. Have some 70-77mm filters here - just had to wrap my head around why lens PDF said B77 filter (which jived with measurement of lens barrel bayonets) yet hood and other sources imply or indicate a 70mm filter.

Am going to pick up a B70 -77mm threaded filter adapter off fleabay so can mount 'normal' threaded filters.

Lens is without question a keeper (which for me is saying something ;>)