Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sinar arTec available for Hasselblad V, H, Phase One/Mamiya backs

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Sinar arTec available for Hasselblad V, H, Phase One/Mamiya backs

I had a chance to play with the ArTec this past week using the 35HR and my e75LV back. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie with tech cameras so I really couldn't put it through it's paces. My impression of the camera is that, in the right hands, it is capable of creating and capturing astounding images. I've never shot with any lens as sharp as this one... the detail it can capture is amazing. Here are a few of my feeble attempts at architectural shots. I included the second shot which shows that the image circle on the 35HR is not adequate to take full advantage of the movements of the camera. I can post some crops if anyone is interested.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As long as I had the kid figured I'd shoot something I'm more familiar with. Once you get the exposure and focus dialed in you can shoot surprisingly quickly

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"kid" ??????????
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"Kit?"

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For David most diffidently the kid . The old fart. LOL

I should talk

BTW I actually like that shot.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    "kid" ??????????
    Sloppy typing... should have been kit (as Stephan noted). Anyway, Guy told me that the occasional misspelling can make you more charming Here's one that the guys at Sinar can use to promote the ArTec to fashion photographers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm relieved... She didn't look like a kid to me
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice shots David - the photos do justice to the subject matter -

*the lens to get for image circle is the 40HR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    I had a chance to play with the ArTec this past week using the 35HR and my e75LV back. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie with tech cameras so I really couldn't put it through it's paces. My impression of the camera is that, in the right hands, it is capable of creating and capturing astounding images. I've never shot with any lens as sharp as this one... the detail it can capture is amazing. Here are a few of my feeble attempts at architectural shots. I included the second shot which shows that the image circle on the 35HR is not adequate to take full advantage of the movements of the camera. I can post some crops if anyone is interested.
    Wow... Brilliant! It has been raining all week and towards the next... so cannot play with the HR40mm on artec until back from school break with kids.

Hope those images will justify the artec. I think I am going to put my WRS kit on the market now - the price is TOO good of a deall here in Australia!

Again... great illustrative shots David!

(Hope not to open up another pandoras box - you seem to be quite happy with the e75?!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LOVE your new kit
    -bob

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Peter and rhsu... thanks for the kind comments.

Bob, it's not my kit yet. I'm still reeling at the prospect of spending $17-$18k for a piece of metal and a piece of glass. I will say I was blown away by what my lowly 33 MP Sinar back is capable of producing with the right glass. Here's a crop from the porch shot above. I still can't believe I can read the the writing on the white button...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Sometime next week I'll get my first lens mounted in a T/S panel. I guess the lens shade will also work fine on that... will see.
    oh yes, totally trouble-free! Cambo's T/S mechanism is really solidly built... the lens shade doesn't affect T/S adjustments at all.
    And btw... the 70HR is phenomenal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    oh yes, totally trouble-free! Cambo's T/S mechanism is really solidly built... the lens shade doesn't affect T/S adjustments at all.
    And btw... the 70HR is phenomenal!
    ...like I said, what good is 20/20 vision when you have a bad imagery receiptant

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, it's not my kit yet. I'm still reeling at the prospect of spending $17-$18k for a piece of metal and a piece of glass. I will say I was blown away by what my lowly 33 MP Sinar back is capable of producing with the right glass. Here's a crop from the porch shot above. I still can't believe I can read the the writing on the white button...
    That's encourging feedback about Sinar DB. I know I have been invoiced so far with around USD15,000 w/ HR40mm (depending on exchange rate - as A$ is hammering the EURO at the moment and the latter is taking it out on US$...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Peter and rhsu... thanks for the kind comments.

David - I am sure you are joking about the 'lowly' 75LV. Clear for some clunkyness in user interface and menu system - its files match or exceed anything I have shot with up to 40 megapixels in resolution and especially delivery of natural colour.

Of course the internet favours certian shall I say VELVIA type rubbish posing as photography - but where it counts for me on print and large - Sinar has nothing to be ashamed of in comparison to any other back in this megapixel range - again I cant comment on the 60 megapixel big boy from Phase One - but versus P45+/H3D11-39 and Leaf Aptus 75 - level playing field - with benefits that outweigh some negatives - eg rotating back.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Peter,
    That was intended to be a tongue in cheek remark. I've never played with one of the "big boys" but am more than happy with the files I'm getting and honestly, no sour grapes here, I really have no desire for anything larger. For people shooting, which is what I mostly do these days, larger files and more resolution are nowhere near the top of my priority list.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter,
    That was intended to be a tongue in cheek remark. I've never played with one of the "big boys" but am more than happy with the files I'm getting and honestly, no sour grapes here, I really have no desire for anything larger. For people shooting, which is what I mostly do these days, larger files and more resolution are nowhere near the top of my priority list.
    Hear.. hear...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No worries Dave my comments were tongue in cheek as well - maybe we need a forum for stoopid people who stopped between 16 and 40 megapixels ?

its all about the glass mate - always has been always will be.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Any more experience regarding the 40HR?
    I am debating with myself if I shall exchange my 35HR with the 40HR (which was not yet available when I bought my Artec last year), since I would like more shift capability.
    Do I give up anything besides the 5mm focal length?