Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sinar arTec available for Hasselblad V, H, Phase One/Mamiya backs

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Sinar arTec available for Hasselblad V, H, Phase One/Mamiya backs

Just got a newsletter from Sinar: the arTec is now available in H, V and Phase/Mamiya mount. The camera costs 9880 CHF, about 6700 Euro:

http://www.sinar.ch/en/products/cameras/132-sinar-artec
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Sinar arTec available for Hasselblad V, H, Phase One/Mamiya backs

Quote Originally Posted by carstenw View Post
    Just got a newsletter from Sinar: the arTec is now available in H, V and Phase/Mamiya mount. The camera costs 9880 CHF, about 6700 Euro:
    http://www.sinar.ch/en/products/cameras/132-sinar-artec
    maybe the website is not up to date yet... but there's just the HB-V mount listed.
    However, when they are now anouncing H and M mount I think they are not going to support Contax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

MUST HAVE THIS CAMERA! NO SELF CONTROL

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    maybe the website is not up to date yet... but there's just the HB-V mount listed.
    However, when they are now anouncing H and M mount I think they are not going to support Contax.
    Did you see the photos with Leaf and Phase backs, and so on? The specs seem not to have been updated though. There has been no Contax mount announced Then again, perhaps one could have something like that commissioned, since there are no electronics.

Note that the availability of the V mount means that one could also shoot film with it now... This might be a stepwise path to ownership for some.
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Did you see the photos with Leaf and Phase backs, and so on? The specs seem not to have been updated though. There has been no Contax mount announced
    The photos have been there for quite a while, AFAIK, as the HB-V mount was anounced months ago. H and M is new.

Then again, perhaps one could have something like that commissioned, since there are no electronics
    certainly. Me I don't think about the arTec anymore for the time being. I've just ordered a new lens for the WRS and even though I like the integrated back of the arTec I don't really miss one that often. Too, it's really a limiting factor that Sinar doesn't mount Digitars on the arTec. The large image circle of the 47XL (and the upcoming 43XL) is unique and in fact I utilize it from time to time. There is no moderate wide angle with such a huge image circle in the Rodenstock line.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was shooting products instead of landscapes I would have to have this camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    If I was shooting products instead of landscapes I would have to have this camera.
    Strange that you say that - I am ordering a Sinar mount Artec to use for architecture/landscape and Portrait shooting with an HR40 and 90 lens combo.

Why the Sinar mount? because the Sinar workflow for white shading is the best and I have less issues with colour caste from Sinar back than with my 16CFV mount or 39 megapixel H backs.

Anyway if I change my mind I can always pay $2k and change mounts for the back - a great feature.

I shall report back in a month or so when I have got delivery and made some shots.

It has taken me over a year to make up my mind about this system - the final tick box was my belief that Sinar will actually do well in its new guise and the large image circle lens releases from Rodenstock. if I have a good month or so trading - I will add the 23mm to the collection..

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Did you see the photos with Leaf and Phase backs, and so on? The specs seem not to have been updated though. There has been no Contax mount announced Then again, perhaps one could have something like that commissioned, since there are no electronics.

Note that the availability of the V mount means that one could also shoot film with it now... This might be a stepwise path to ownership for some.
    Carsten - yoru Sinar back can take a different mount adaptor can it not? I have Mamiya645/RZ/Contax/V adaptors which I use regulalry to switch between Hy6 and other platforms...
    easy procedure- three screws - a superb feature from Sinar.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't see where it refers to Phase/Mamiya backs - that is, a Phase or Mamiya Back with the Phase or Mamiya camera mount. Or am I missing something?

Bill

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The email I got from Sinar says:

"...it can now be used with all digital backs. Besides the Hy6/Leaf AFi adaptation we are offering the Sinar arTec camera also for Non-Sinar digital backs, which are equipped with either a Hasselbad V, Hasselblad H or Mamiya 645 AFD interface."

I'm hoping to take one for a test drive soon. Not sure I need it but pretty sure I want it

Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Strange that you say that - I am ordering a Sinar mount Artec to use for architecture/landscape and Portrait shooting with an HR40 and 90 lens combo.

Why the Sinar mount? because the Sinar workflow for white shading is the best and I have less issues with colour caste from Sinar back than with my 16CFV mount or 39 megapixel H backs.

Anyway if I change my mind I can always pay $2k and change mounts for the back - a great feature.

I shall report back in a month or so when I have got delivery and made some shots.

It has taken me over a year to make up my mind about this system - the final tick box was my belief that Sinar will actually do well in its new guise and the large image circle lens releases from Rodenstock. if I have a good month or so trading - I will add the 23mm to the collection..
    Peter, is the HR40 available now?
    When I bought my Artec last year it was not and I went with the 35HR, but the 40HR with its large image circle I am very interested in too.

Post Thanks / Like

it is called the Digaron W... reported to be a good and sharp lens, but prone to flare with direct sun...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    When I bought my Artec last year it was not and I went with the 35HR, but the 40HR with its large image circle I am very interested in too.
    Yes it is available and I note that the HR100 has been released as well - image circle sizes 90 and 80 repsectively. the Rodenstcoks are typically larger lenses than their resective Schneider counterparts - however they do look sexy - Unfortunately Sinar do not mount Schneiders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

There has been no Contax mount announced Then again, perhaps one could have something like that commissioned, since there are no electronics.
    When I contacted Sinar CH about the possibility of Contax I was told "no" in no uncertain terms.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm now wondering whether it is wise to test drive the Artec this Tues...!? ummh

(there might be some quick sale of my entire Cambo RS and Rodenstock lenses...)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhsu View Post
    (there might be some quick sale of my entire Cambo RS and Rodenstock lenses...)
    What's the problem with your RS ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    I know you weren't asking me that question but I will try to answer it from my POV...

I love my rs1000 BUT the bullbars on the lenses, whilst very protective, make it awkward to do several things like

* Hold the LCC sheet up flat against the lens
    * Get at the aperture and shutter speed controls

In addition, it's really only viable for short focal length lenses in my opinion because focus with longer lenses requires to much back swapping and I don't like doing that in the field.

I just ordered my P65+ upgrade today and so I am very pleased to see that Sinar have announced this - I asked them for it about a year ago and they seemed mildly surprised to hear that anyone wanted it in Mammy mount. Hmmmm...

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    d they seemed mildly surprised to hear that anyone wanted it in Mammy mount. Hmmmm...
    Frankly, to me that shows just how out of touch they are with the market. Maybe explains why they had troubles with their digital camera and backs...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

the bullbars on the lenses, whilst very protective, make it awkward to do several things like...
    why don't you just remove them?
    I've removed mine. The TS lens panels are shipped without bullbars anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    NOTHING yet... until next Tues when I visit my arTec pimp!

RS perfect. The ONLY problem is the [email protected]#n DB that is attached to the RS

re: removing bullbars - wish I could find the right rubber caps/plugs for the holes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

re: removing bullbars - wish I could find the right rubber caps/plugs for the holes.
    do the holes bother you?

Post Thanks / Like

why don't you just remove them?
    I've removed mine. The TS lens panels are shipped without bullbars anyway.
    Because I am far too intelligent to think of something as simple as that. Obviously.

Doh! I will now do so. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

do the holes bother you?
    I know this is about arTec NOT RS.

Holes - shouldn't be a bother. Although no light leakage but just like to have the front elements to be all sealed as much as possible. I have seen the older version DS with rubber caps. Tried using the end cap from a humble blk Bic pen - ended up putting the bars back on.

Back to the arTec, the Cambo TS can do both at once. The arTec can only do one or the other. likewise with Alpa.

My main interest with arTec is to see how effective is the GG from Minolta (?) Fresnel lens per DOF and focusing using HR lenses. As you know, I'm concerned with RS GG but only to be confirmed by you (?) that it is now shipped with Fresnel lens BUT yet has limitation - at least it is brighter than the older Cambo GG. Cambo supplier here has the OLD GG not the new fresnel. So the best and closest GG fresnel "relative" is my friend Sinar dealer - the arTec. If I can live with that, I can live with the new RS GG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you!
    you're welcome!

As you know, I'm concerned with RS GG but only to be confirmed by you (?) that it is now shipped with Fresnel lens BUT yet has limitation
    yes, that was me.
    The GG of the arTec has basically the same limitation (with movements the edges go dark). It's a limitation of fresnel lenses: if you move the lens off the center a fresnel GG always goes dark.
    From remembrance the GG of the arTec is probably a little bit brighter.
    You can, of course, order a customized GG from anyone else. E.g. Bill Maxwell makes GGs in any size (they are pricy but certainly very good).

Post Thanks / Like

You are right. My friend Sinar said that it is BRIGHTER. Of course, anything to do with Sinar is always the best and never "better".

NB: I can see where the rumours about HR40 prone to flare came from "when shooting in direct sun..."

I'll test the HR40 with the arTec w/ movements in "direct sun light..." and put to rest this "flares" mystery. At least it is coming from the best gear (?). Plenty of direct sun downunder and many thanks to another sort of "hole" that really bothers me went I moved here - its called the Ozone "hole"

Post Thanks / Like

you're welcome!

yes, that was me.
    The GG of the arTec has basically the same limitation (with movements the edges go dark). It's a limitation of fresnel lenses: if you move the lens off the center a fresnel GG always goes dark.
    You can, of course, order a customized GG from anyone else. E.g. Bill Maxwell makes GGs in any size (they are pricy but certainly very good).
    Hello,

I have been using an artec with 75lv back for some time now. Yes when you shift the screen darkens HOWEVER the loupe that comes with the camera is attached with a flexable mount so you can move it around and see all the image quite clearly.It really is a very nice camera!
    While we are talking about focus screens - the camera comes with a magnetic mask for the screen. Most of the time I shoot without it -- the screen itself has grid lines and the sinar back rotates easily . I find it more convenient to not use the mask.

JOHN

Post Thanks / Like

...You are spot on with those findings!

"H" series DBs have serious timing issue with technical cameras except if you shoot @ 1/30th or lower (unless they have corrected and recalculated the sync since last year and with their new DBs 50mp and up)! I had a H39 and I know! I now have a CF39 and good up to 1/125th for good white shading. Thereafter, I use 4x ND to bring down my shutter speed. It has worked well since. I tend to shoot early AM and later PM. I'm attempting to move to Phase now. But I am afraid Sinar will convince me otherwise this Tues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    HOWEVER the loupe that comes with the camera is attached with a flexable mount so you can move it around and see all the image quite clearly.
    but at large movements you have to look at the GG from quite a steep angle so that it is almost impossible to judge sharpness or DOF at the edges. But it's okay to see the composition.
    The focusing hood of the WRS is even more flexible so for moving it around the WRS focusing hood is much better. However for regular viewing the arTec focusing hood is better as it holds the distance to the GG (whereas you have to hold the WRS hood always with one hand).

What in particular is so special about the white shading workflow in the Sinar software?

Post Thanks / Like

...You are spot on with those findings!

"H" series DBs have serious timing issue with technical cameras except if you shoot @ 1/30th or lower (unless they have corrected and recalculated the sync since last year and with their new DBs 50mp and up)! I had a H39 and I know! I now have a CF39 and good up to 1/125th for good white shading. Thereafter, I use 4x ND to bring down my shutter speed. It has worked well since. I tend to shoot early AM and later PM. I'm attempting to move to Phase now. But I am afraid Sinar will convince me otherwise this Tues.
    I am sorry Richard, I have to take issue with that statement.

There are NOT serious issues with timing and using Tech Cameras with Hasselblad products.

It was explained to you many times with plenty of correspondence from support and even directly from R&D themselves.

Agreeably a few mechanical shutters have caused issues (as I have spoken to PeterA about this too) but to say ALL cameras will cause you a problem is incorrect and unfair.

Even the minor amount of shutters that can give incorrect timing signals, can still be used with a simple work around.

The actual white shading method in Phocus is now almost exactly the same as the Sinar solution, and can be used for tethered or untethered capture.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

David,

Can you tell me what the simple work around is. I had a few problems when I first started using my CFV39 digital back on a tech camera but managed to sort myself out be asking some questions on this forum.

I set the digital back to 2 seconds exposure in the menu. Plug a Hasselblad electronic cable release into the digital back. Send in a wake up signal. Fire the mechanical lens shutter which is set for correct exposure. Back times out at 2 seconds and then writes the file out. The photo is ok when I do this.

If you have a link to a web page or a forum discussion which talks about this please could you let me know.

Regards

Neil
    Last edited by neil; 13th March 2010 at 03:48. Reason: correct spelling

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess I should consider myself lucky as I have not had this problem with my H3D II 39 back on Alpa TC and any of my lenses....enough lens cast issues to deal with which are completely corrected with Phocus 2 and a calibration file.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bob,

Thanks for the post. I just took a look at the Alpa website and they actually documented the solution to the problem I was having initially with the Hasselblad digital back.

http://www.alpa.ch/en/news/2009/new-...ear=2009&num=2

I had the problem with increased noise levels in the shadows. The solution they write about on the Alpa site is what people from this forum advised me to try. Big relief to me when it all worked.

I should consider an Alpa camera.

Regards

Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David Grover / Hasselblad View Post
    I am sorry Richard, I have to take issue with that statement.

Agreeably a few mechanical shutters have caused issues (as I have spoken to PeterA about this too) but to say ALL cameras will cause you a problem is incorrect and unfair.

Even the minor amount of shutters that can give incorrect timing signals, can still be used with a simple work around.

The actual white shading method in Phocus is now almost exactly the same as the Sinar solution, and can be used for tethered or untethered capture.

David
    David - you have to be congratulated for the help you provide on this forum it is much appreciated.

Phocus allows as Bob points out a lot of the colour caste issues to be fixed. I am looking forward to testing the new Phocus white shading methodology.

All that being said - Sinar has nailed the easiest workflow on this issue up till now. Also I must say that the main reason I went to Hasselblad 40 megapixel was to avoid the mucking around that the P45+ needed - using a wake up cable....only to find that I need a similar routine with the H back -

Compared to getting no photo- any technique is worth adopting - however , it would be great if you posted a definitive link for work flow to get a white shading / calibration shot when using a H series back on an Alpa or tech camera - we can make it a sticky!

Whilst Sinar have an easy and elegant white shading feature - I can also say the back has a lot of " eccentric" behaviour and "chunkiness" inbuilt - compared to Hasselblad elegance it is a clumsy drunken oaf in many aspects of its operation ....LOL

Still there is something to be said for the quality of that measly 33 megapixel file you get from Sinar ( once you get 'em) !!

You may be very right about the manual Shutter on my most used 35 Schneider digitar..I know for sure it has focus issues anyway - another reason to prefer an arTec - because the Rodenstocks are mounted better on Sinar mounts.

I look forward to being convinced otherwise - but I fear that going for a 60 megapixel back would make focus even more problematic on a tech camera ...shall we start talking pixel sizes and consequent (negative) effects that come from diffraction kicking in at lower Fstops?

Some P65+ users are having to shoot at f8 with heir Alpas - because f11 is (now) too soft..( before Doug gets too hot under the collar - teh same will hold true for the blad version of the 60 megapixel..but guys i am hapy to be shown to be wrong...and then I woudl buy into teh big boy chips...IF I coudl use them to advantage on a tech camera!!!

I dont really know how much ( negative ) news the forum can bare though - thats why I do my own tech head testing - in the main the level of understanding about the problems/challenges associated with actually getting a string of variables working sweetly from lens/shutter/camera connection/shimming/digi back timing and release/ white shading files/ alignment between all components...etc etc etc..increases with the high megapixel backs coming out..not just micro lens laden devices either...

The artEc gives me a better test bed to calibrate the whole workflow against...Plus movement(s) + an enclosed Fresnel focusing system + a rotating back

because of these positives - the camera is a no brainer - it is the choice of back/mount to use that is trickier..

Thankfully Sinar now cater for all Sinar/Leaf/PahseOne and Hasselbald as well as V mounts. - at least that way peopel can optimise a workflow that suits their pesonal circumstance(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Whilst Sinar have an easy and elegant white shading feature
    is there some information available about the implementation of white shading in the software?
    Or could you outline the workflow in a few words?
    Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

is there some information available about the implementation of white shading in the software?
    Or could you outline the workflow in a few words?
    Thanks in advance!
    It is pretty straight forward and documented in the exposure help files.
    Basically you shoot a white ref file with the diffuser attached ( a neat arrangement how it fits onto the lens ) , then you create the DNG files by importing from the card/memory then you click on view/shading mode , select the shaded file and the images you wish to apply the corrections to , you can also choose the level of vignette correction --then you just drag/import into another folder and new corrected DNGs are created. When you get the hang of it , it is quite easy. I dont know how other software deals with colour casts... would be interested to find out.
    Cheers JOHN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Peter,

I too want to hear about sinar's white frame implementation!

I look forward to being convinced otherwise - but I fear that going for a 60 megapixel back would make focus even more problematic on a tech camera ...shall we start talking pixel sizes and consequent (negative) effects that come from diffraction kicking in at lower Fstops?

Some P65+ users are having to shoot at f8 with heir Alpas - because f11 is (now) too soft..( before Doug gets too hot under the collar - teh same will hold true for the blad version of the 60 megapixel..but guys i am hapy to be shown to be wrong...and then I woudl buy into teh big boy chips...IF I coudl use them to advantage on a tech camera!!!
    I shot my P65+ on a Cambo RS with the 40 HR in a T/S mount. Re your first point: Focus was no more difficult than with any other back -- bottom line is you need to nail it with anything you use, period. Anybody tells you different, like that a larger pixel is more forgiving for focus, send them my way and I'll straighten them out -- at this level, they are all critical .

Re your point two: All the smaller pixel means in relation to f-stop is you hit a diffraction limit earlier. However, you only see this IF YOU COMPARE FILES AT THE PIXEL LEVEL. If you compare files at the same final sensor magnification size, there is essentially no visible difference. Moreover, I shoot my P65+ at f16 a LOT of the time, and frankly have ZERO issues with diffraction. At f22 I start to see some obvious diffraction issues (and frankly saw them with my P45+ too) but they remain small enough that in many cases the added DoF from the extra stop is more of a benefit than the slight loss of accutance -- a loss that is very difficult to see in a print.

Lastly, re softness on a tech camera. Here the issue may be the lens design itself and not the back; the fact that the lens may be optimized for f8 and is VERY sharp one stop either side of there, and then resolution drops off afterward is probably not due all to diffraction, but the design of the lens itself. (Leica glass often has this same issue, great wide open and gets notably worse than the competition after f5.6.)

So my advice is do not shy away from "one of the big boys" because of diffraction or it having smaller pixels

PS: Similarly, you may notice that some of your legacy Zeiss and Schneider glass will NOT hold up well at 100% pixel view with the higher resolution backs. Again, as long as your output size stays the same as it was for the larger pixel back, the print will still look the same, just know ahead of time you will probably be finding more issues at the pixel level...

Cheers,
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you, John!
    Finally found the manual of the software.
    The basic principle is pretty much the same as in Capture One (and I assume Phocus, too).
    The batch mode seems to be neat - all files followed by a calibration shot that is marked for shading are corrected autmatically. In Capture One you first have to select a calibration file, create the correction and apply the correction to the files in question. Which does basically the same - but you have to do more selection/deselection clicks in C1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, very similar. Once the LCC is created in C1, you can apply it as any other adjustment though with a single click.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Yes, very similar. Once the LCC is created in C1, you can apply it as any other adjustment though with a single click.
    the trick with eXposure is - if I understand correctly - that the calibration file is applied automatically to all the files followed by the calibration file in the browser. In C1 you first have to select the captures the LCC should be applied to.
    Now, when you are working with captures shot with different movements you certainly don't want to apply the same LCC to all the files whereas you probably do want to copy/apply your CA (and/or purple fringe) settings to all the images. As you just can copy/apply all the lens corrections as one setting you always have to select/deselect the files.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

the trick with eXposure is - if I understand correctly - that the calibration file is applied automatically to all the files followed by the calibration file in the browser.
    Sounds like an issue if it's automatically applied to all downstream images in the browser -- surely they have some way to choose the files it is to be applied to...

My point was that the basic process sounds pretty similar to C1's LCC implementation, and C1's LCC is pretty to generate and then apply to as many images as you want, regardless of their position in the browser...
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

the trick with eXposure is - if I understand correctly - that the calibration file is applied automatically to all the files followed by the calibration file in the browser. In C1 you first have to select the captures the LCC should be applied to.
    Now, when you are working with captures shot with different movements you certainly don't want to apply the same LCC to all the files whereas you probably do want to copy/apply your CA (and/or purple fringe) settings to all the images. As you just can copy/apply all the lens corrections as one setting you always have to select/deselect the files.
    Not exactly , the calibration file is applied just to the files you select , however these files must be after not before the calibration file.
    JOHN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    Not exactly , the calibration file is applied just to the files you select
    so than it's the same as in C1....

however these files must be after not before the calibration file
    so if you shoot the calibration files after the actual photographs you first have to rename them so that they show up in the correct order in the image browser? Or can you change the order of the files in the browser without renaming?
    Can you also use calibration files/presets created in prior shootings?

Post Thanks / Like

so than it's the same as in C1...

YES sounds like it

so if you shoot the calibration files after the actual photographs you first have to rename them so that they show up in the correct order in the image browser?

YES

Or can you change the order of the files in the browser without renaming?
    NO i dont think so

Can you also use calibration files/presets created in prior shootings?

YES I do this often.

JOHN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Does anyone use the arTec lens shade?
    http://www.sinar.ch/en/products/acce...ompendiummaske
    Does it work okay or is it prone to move the lens?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

David - you have to be congratulated for the help you provide on this forum it is much appreciated.

Phocus allows as Bob points out a lot of the colour caste issues to be fixed. I am looking forward to testing the new Phocus white shading methodology.

....Big Snip!
    Just quickly as I am fighting with the table saw.

Ill reply to you properly later on (and to Neil!) but in the meantime a colleague in the US, made a handy document on Scene Calibration, ie cast correction and also a new addition which allows you to digitally correct for uneven exposure - ie copying artwork.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2849451/scenecalibration.pdf

...and thanks for the kind words.

D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Hi Peter,

I too want to hear about sinar's white frame implementation!

I shot my P65+ on a Cambo RS with the 40 HR in a T/S mount. Re your first point: Focus was no more difficult than with any other back -- bottom line is you need to nail it with anything you use, period. Anybody tells you different, like that a larger pixel is more forgiving for focus, send them my way and I'll straighten them out -- at this level, they are all critical .

Re your point two: All the smaller pixel means in relation to f-stop is you hit a diffraction limit earlier. However, you only see this IF YOU COMPARE FILES AT THE PIXEL LEVEL. If you compare files at the same final sensor magnification size, there is essentially no visible difference. Moreover, I shoot my P65+ at f16 a LOT of the time, and frankly have ZERO issues with diffraction. At f22 I start to see some obvious diffraction issues (and frankly saw them with my P45+ too) but they remain small enough that in many cases the added DoF from the extra stop is more of a benefit than the slight loss of accutance -- a loss that is very difficult to see in a print.

Cheers,

Thanks Jack - I am used to setting focus on my P45+/WRS/Schneider 35XL combo tp between three and five metres, stopping down to F16 and having pretty much everything from 3 metres to infinity in very very crisp focus even at the 100% level so I was concerned to hear of the P65+ being a problem since I have just ordered one!

You advice and experience are invaluable as always!

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was concerned to hear of the P65+ being a problem since I have just ordered one!
    Tim, I think I can safely say you'll never look back
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The only problem I had with my P65+ was that I waited too long before getting it.
    -bob