The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One releases Firmware 4.8.8 for P65+/P40+

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Sorry, Wayne, I just re-read your post; I had misunderstood, so my post doesn't answer your question..

Nevertheless, Phase have told me the problem is with the 4.8.8 firmware for the back and not the camera.

Bill

rweissman

I cannot find a Macintosh version of the firmware updater, only the windows version of the updater on the PhaseOne site. :mad: Thinking it might be a browser problem, I've tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox and cannot see a Macintosh downloader button/area in the firmware download section for the P65+/P40+. Has it been removed? Moved?

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

My dealer tells me it was removed because it doesn't work properly with Snow Leopard.

I have the firmware updater and it works perfectly - but I never updated my Mac 10.5.8 to Snow Leopard.

It's a 2.8 mb file so I guess I could email it to anybody who wants it - though I'm not sure of the legality of doing so!

Bill

kdphotography

Downloaded to my desktop. Extracted files. Run the installer. Won't work. I get a message that says, "There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personel or package vendor."

My Phase 645DF and P65+ are working very well right now sans update. I think this may be one of those times that I'm best to forego the update and wait for the "update" dust to settle later....

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I ran it last month, it worked fine and I have Snow Leopard... And Ken, I still have it if you want to stop by.