The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rollei 6000/Hy6/AFi lens samples

EH21

Since I've had some requests for image samples taken with the Rollei system lenses I've put some up here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erichiss/sets/72157604663796373

BJNY - I put up two imagon 120 samples for you. I haven't used this enough to know what its like through the different rings/settings. In the one shoot where I tried the different lenses there was not enough light to use it stopped down more.

BJNY

Thanks Eric,
I'd be curious to see the results
if you use the Imagon aperture discs in front of your 80mm 2.8
Billy

EH21

That's not going to be easy to do and not likely I'll try it. But I will test the imagon through its range of disks and settings when I have a chance (and more light). Need to do this in the studio.

David K

Workshop Member
Thanks from me too. Should be able to join you in posting some images next week. Love the portrait with the 110 as well as the one shot with the 80 and softar.

robmac

Look nice. I have the Hassy version of the 110 on my 1Ds2 and love it. The 80mm f/2.0 Xenotar PQ looks nice as well.

EH21

David,
It would be great to have some shots with other lenses and backs up there. Maybe we should make a flickr group so all can be seen together?

I plan to put up more images taken with the lenses I have:

40mm f/3.5
55mm PCS
60mm f/3.5 schneider curtagon
80mm f/2.0
80mm f/2.8
90mm APO
110mm f/2.0
120mm Imagon
150mm schneider tele-xenar
180mm f/2.8

Would love to see some from the 60-140 zoom, 75-150 zoom, 120macro, 150 macro, 50mm f/2.8, 300 apo and others such as the 40/4 FLE distagon, 250 and 350...

I also would love to compare some of the new AFD lenses with their older counterparts to see how much difference there is.

David K

Workshop Member
I have the 40 f/3.5, 80 f/2.8, 300 f/4 apo, 110 f/2 and am awaiting delivery on the 50 f/2.8 and the 180 f/2.8. My back will be here this Friday and I told the dealer to make sure the batteries are charged. Nothing worse than waiting hours to try out new gear... not that instant gratification is a problem for me :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
David,
It would be great to have some shots with other lenses and backs up there. Maybe we should make a flickr group so all can be seen together?
Why not post the images right here?

EH21

Why not post the images right here?
No offense intended Jack. I posted the link here because I was asked by a forum member to post samples. I participate in many forums (as do you and many others that post here) and have made many Rollei pen pals since buying my 6008 in Aug that don't use forums much. I don't want to have to repeat a whole set of images and comments everywhere. I was trying to think of a format that would allow everyone access, to search by keywords, and to group other posters lens sample images into one lump and I think Flickr is better for that.

EH21

Getting back to the 120mm Imagon - I forgot to add that this lens takes a lot of light probably much higher than the perforated rings suggest in their aperture markings. I think the DOF shown in the images also jives with a higher f/stop than their labels.

irakly

Since I've had some requests for image samples taken with the Rollei system lenses I've put some up here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erichiss/sets/72157604663796373

BJNY - I put up two imagon 120 samples for you. I haven't used this enough to know what its like through the different rings/settings. In the one shoot where I tried the different lenses there was not enough light to use it stopped down more.
just as i remember: 2/80 is the most interesting lens

EH21

stands apart in what respect? 80 is much more subtle.
IMHO - the 110 is just way more versatile. Focus close without extension rings, and can achieve a multitude of looks through its aperture range.

But I'll have to try some more 80/2 and 80/2.8 comparisons with more varied background when my camera gets back from service.

Rethmeier

Eric,
have you tried the 2/80 with the 1.4x Longar?
It should give you a 2.8/112.
The Longar was specially designed to go with the 2/80 and the 2.8/180
I have the 2/80 as well and the Apo 90.
However they both have their special uses.
If I had,like you the 2/80 +the 2.8/80AF, I would sell the 2.8/80AF
The 2/80 is rare and not made anymore.
My 2cw.
Willem.

EH21

Hi Willem,
Nice to see you here. I do have the 1.4 longar but haven't really shot that combination. I've used it quite a bit with my 180mm though. I'm definitely going to give this a try. The 180 makes a nice portrait lens btw....