The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Leaf Aptus-II 10R launched!!!

tjv

Finally someone did it.

Not that I can afford one but I find it a pity it's 3:2 ratio and not 4:5. Otherwise well done!

Aaron

Nice!

Funny that Leaf just did more for the ergonomics of the Hassy V system than Hassy ever has!

This back is obviously limited to 6x6 bodies only, the perfect fit for it would have been an Afi :rolleyes:

Aaron

Schmiddi

Hmm - might it work to rotate one of the "small" sensors in a 645-body? Those sensors are 33x44, and small edge of 645-film is 43,x (if I'm right). So it even might work with those sensors on Contax or Mamiyas? Just thinking :)

Andreas

yaya

Hmm - might it work to rotate one of the "small" sensors in a 645-body? Those sensors are 33x44, and small edge of 645-film is 43,x (if I'm right). So it even might work with those sensors on Contax or Mamiyas? Just thinking :)

Andreas
If you rotate one of the smaller sensors inside a 645 film gate you would get a vertical of ~41X33mm @ ~37MP (from the 6µ) sensors.

Trouble is that for being able to rotate the sensor inside the mount, the mount will have to allow room for a "square" 44X44 plus the supporting mechanism, electronics etc. This means that it needs to grow and then it won't fit on the 645 body, causing trouble with prisms and so on. It may also mean having to re-design some existing adapters for other 6X7/ 6X8 and 6X9/ 4X5 cameras to accommodate the larger mount.

The beauty of the Aptus-II 10R, is that our engineers have managed to squeeze everything into the mount without changing its size so it can still fit perfectly on all the existing adapters!

Yair

rhsu

Excellent with view cameras - esp having test driven the arTec with the e75 rotating DB several times.

Seascape

56 x 36 rotating sensor............how about 56 x 56 NON rotating :thumbup:

Then you would really have something :rolleyes:

Schmiddi

56 x 36 rotating sensor............how about 56 x 56 NON rotating :thumbup:
Agreed - but economically nonsense: the only modern body would be the Hy6 - and this was buried by German incompetence in marketing (technically my fellow countrymen made a close to perfect system in my eyes) and then later by PhaseOne (there is an interview with Henrik Hakonsson in German magazine Profifoto, where he clearly states that there is absolutely no hope for Hy6!). Hasselblad V and view cameras are simply a to small base to make profit from the development of such a sensor.

Andreas

D

DougDolde

Seems like the wrong back to do this with. A 2:3 ratio isn't very suited to verticals at least for my way of shooting. 3:4 yes but not 2:3

yaya

Seems like the wrong back to do this with. A 2:3 ratio isn't very suited to verticals at least for my way of shooting. 3:4 yes but not 2:3
A 4:3 crop (on-the-fly in tethered mode) gives you a 48MP frame (or you can shoot square at 36MP)

Yair

D

DougDolde

Spend all that money then crop? No thanks, my Aptus 75S is all I need.

yaya

I am getting the first production unit next week and will be demonstrating it across Europe.

Starting in Wendlingen, Germany on Thursday 29/4 More info and then in Stuttgart on 7-8/5 More info

Hope to see some of you then

Yair

yaya

Well - really would like to meet you, but this is a bit too far to drive. Maybe you'll come to NRW (Düsseldorf/Cologne as a hint) too?

Andreas
Hi Andreas, not this time but soon enough!

Speaking of driving...last Tuesday I drove from Copenhagen to Calais in 13.5 hrs...this was the second to last leg of our long journey from Moscow back to London; 3 days, 8 countries, 2 trains, 2 boats, 2 cars and about 6,000km...

Yair

Schmiddi

Speaking of driving...last Tuesday I drove from Copenhagen to Calais in 13.5 hrs...this was the second to last leg of our long journey from Moscow back to London; 3 days, 8 countries, 2 trains, 2 boats, 2 cars and about 6,000km...

Yair
Ahh - another fan of this volcano in Island :deadhorse: I had meetings in Tallinn on Thursday - but driving some 30+ hours each way for one day with meetings is too crazy, so we cancelled the meetings and will try again in 10 days...

Andreas