The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture 1 v. 5.1.1 - small report on lens profiles & New Phase lens??

vieri

Hello guys,

I just started using the new version 5.1.1 of the C1 software, and I would like to report a few things I noticed that I don't think has been reported yet re: lens profiles (for Phase cameras):

- Added profiles for the 80 mm (Phase & Schneider), previously not available;
- In the profiles for the 45 mm lenses, I noticed an entry "Phase One 45 TS"

does that mean that we'll (soon) have a 45 mm Tilt & Shift from Phase? That would be pretty cool I think :cool:

Has anybody else noticed this, or does anyone knows anything more about it?

vieri

as far as I know "Phase One 45 TS" has been in C1 since 4.5 or so.
Possible... I started using C1 with version 4.8.x and didn't notice it before... :confused: Well, anyway that doesn't change the fact that they might have been working on a 45 mm TS lens for even longer than I thought :D

Stefan Steib

The 45TS entry was made for the Hartblei/PhaseOne Shift and Tilt 3,5/ 45mm which is still on sale through all Phase One dealers.
This uses the Russian Lens kits, but was improved mechanically and tolerancewise and offers wide creative potential.

Greetings from Munich
Stefan

vieri

The 45TS entry was made for the Hartblei/PhaseOne Shift and Tilt 3,5/ 45mm which is still on sale through all Phase One dealers.
This uses the Russian Lens kits, but was improved mechanically and tolerancewise and offers wide creative potential.

Greetings from Munich
Stefan
Hello Stefan, thank you for the info - however, I couldn't find the TS lens on sale through my dealer, nor on Phase's or Mamiya's website... Plus, I contacted Hartblei a while ago, and they confirmed me that they do not produce anything in Mamiya/Phase mount. Do you know where I could find one? Thanks!

Steve Hendrix

Hello Stefan, thank you for the info - however, I couldn't find the TS lens on sale through my dealer, nor on Phase's or Mamiya's website... Plus, I contacted Hartblei a while ago, and they confirmed me that they do not produce anything in Mamiya/Phase mount. Do you know where I could find one? Thanks!

Vieri:

We can order and in fact just recently ordered and received one which was returned. It was reasonably sharp in the center, but just not good enough at the edges to satisfy us or the purchaser.

We (and I'm sure many dealers and Phase One themselves) have pulled back from this lens as the initial optimism over the potential was overtaken by the reality of much too much batch variation and whatever Phase One was doing to improve the results not being good enough for most users.

Feel free to contact me offline and we can talk some more.

Steve Hendrix

etrump

I have one of the hartblei models but have not used it a lot. It should be looked at like a lensbaby where creative potential is more important than sharpness. It does not compare to typical phase lens quality which concurs with Steve's experience.

vieri

Thank you very much guys for the info - after reading your comments and some more research online I guess I'll pass on this one... :D