The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

anyone got a Phase 110mm Schneider LS lens yet?

narikin

this is seeming more and more like vaporware - has anyone got a sighting of one in the wild as yet?

kdphotography

Still waiting patiently. I don't think the announced LS lenses from Schneider are in the same class of vaporware as the 45-90 or 45mm T/S....... I'm much more confident the 80mm LS will soon have company with the 55mm LS and 110mm LS.

narikin

I suspect Phase have been a little overwhelmed by taking on Mamiya. and Leaf. and releasing C1 5.0.

they seem to be slipping way behind with delivery of many items, I can only hope a serious restructuring is underway, and that a raft of new products will come out at Photokina.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I got the 80 and just had a chance to play with it a bit -- and I'm really liking the look it produces. Unfortunately it means I'll want the 110 and 55 as well... Here's one from yesterday, wide open:

I realized I should have included a 100% crop from the f2.8 focus plane for reference. Here is an unsharpened 800 pixel crop from a different image of the same door where I focused on the door of the old structure:

tashley

Subscriber Member
I have the 110 on order and have been told that the first ones will ship as soon as late this month but in limited numbers.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I suspect Phase have been a little overwhelmed by taking on Mamiya. and Leaf. and releasing C1 5.0.

they seem to be slipping way behind with delivery of many items, I can only hope a serious restructuring is underway, and that a raft of new products will come out at Photokina.
Heard some twitting going on from the birdies out there this is going to be a good year but no details. I know I know show me the money and I agree but at least something sounded positive and i believe we will see some stuff. I personally think Phase is on the move but it has taken some time to get all the gears in working order with Mamiya and there investment into it. I did the corporate thing for 16 years and things move at a snails pace sometimes. Let's hope sooner than later.

kdphotography

I'm excited about the Schneider 110mm LS---and also heard (and checked) that a 35mm D series is in the works.

Which one are you getting first, Guy?

:D

Guy Mancuso

I want the 110mm but I want a 200mm AF D 2.8 with it, than I can sell my 150mm. Obviously the 200 is a dream lens but if Phase is listening this would be the next one to make. Does not have to be a LS lens either. After that folks I just can't see any better than the 28D, 45D and 150 D so those lenses they can ignore and work on the gaps 35mm, New 55 LS coming , 110mm LS coming, 80mm LS here so the gaps i see are 35, 200, 35-90 zoom or that range , T/S lens. Obviously love to see a 21mm F5.6 rectilinear in a small package for interior work and such.

yaya

I'm excited about the Schneider 110mm LS---and also heard (and checked) that a 35mm D series is in the works.

Which one are you getting first, Guy?

:D
Had a chance to try a prototype 110mm a couple of months ago. It is very pretty and is definitely worth the waiting IMO

Yair

narikin

I have the 110 on order and have been told that the first ones will ship as soon as late this month but in limited numbers.
yeah... I have one "on order" too, and have been told various expected dates that are repeatedly not met. It sure had better be worth it!

a certain dealer here in NYC wanted me to sign a purchase contract (with cancellation fees) to get in line for one! Its a lens for goodness sake - since when do you sign an order contract with a page of legal terms, to get in line for a lens?

I walked away.

Anders_HK

I want the 110mm but I want a 200mm AF D 2.8 with it, than I can sell my 150mm. Obviously the 200 is a dream lens but if Phase is listening this would be the next one to make. Does not have to be a LS lens either. After that folks I just can't see any better than the 28D, 45D and 150 D so those lenses they can ignore and work on the gaps 35mm, New 55 LS coming , 110mm LS coming, 80mm LS here so the gaps i see are 35, 200, 35-90 zoom or that range , T/S lens. Obviously love to see a 21mm F5.6 rectilinear in a small package for interior work and such.
Guy,

You are leaving out the 80 1.9 AF "D". With what new prices was for that MF lens, one can speculate in how much they will do their mark up? Is it a smell of lots of profits for lenses they make into AF "D"???

I know folks are listening at Phase One and Leaf...

Yaya, is there any way you please could raise my suggestion for them to try to keep prices more reasonable compared to what older lenses originally was? That obvious go for the 200 2.8 as well... Very much kind thanks! :salute:

Regards
Anders

Guy Mancuso

Maybe Kevin and Yaya can pass these on to the powers that be on this. I would kill for the 200 2.8 AF D version

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
All I can say is if the 110 and 55 are as good as this 80 of mine, I'm already in for both!

My problem is that I have the 75-150 D zoom which is excellent and covers the 110, as well as the 120 D Macro which is excellent and close to 110 -- of course the latter is manual focus and neither is LS. Next is the 55 is also close to the 45 D I have, also excellent. So do I really need LS in those two focals given costs and budgets? Honestly I can do about 80% of everything I shoot with the 45, 80 and 120 I already own...

K

KWR Phase One

Hi...I know you are waiting on the new 55mm and 110mm LS lenses and you seem to as impatient as I am. I am one of the people that get the emails and calls on these so I’ll let you know what I know. The 110mm LS lens should be shipping by May 7th. And, the 55mm LS lens around May 22nd.

I am sure the wait will be worthwhile. I have shot with both and I know our engineers have been working hard to make sure the lenses are of the highest quality. These are beautiful pieces of glass and you won’t be disappointed.

When we start shipping we ship to dealers first for their demo orders then ship in the order we have received orders. Also, as the weeks go by the production volume will also increase and these will be moving fast. I’ll let you know the day we have confirmed shipping.

Truly sorry for the delays, but we some committed people in DK making sure the delivered product is the best it can be.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Kevin for the report that is very good news to us end users. Please consider sending my above request for a 200mm 2.8 AF D. i think that one would certainly go over well with end users and you can put me down for the first one. LOL

As well as others. I know many requests come in for new gear but it something to toss around and see what folks think. Again I think it is very important to have Phase representation here as well as Hassy, Leaf, Leica and so on and this forum does encourage very highly that participation.

kdphotography

....My problem is that I have the 75-150 D zoom which is excellent and covers the 110, as well as the 120 D Macro which is excellent and close to 110 -- of course the latter is manual focus and neither is LS. Next is the 55 is also close to the 45 D I have, also excellent. So do I really need LS in those two focals given costs and budgets? Honestly I can do about 80% of everything I shoot with the 45, 80 and 120 I already own...
You know, Jack, in talking with you---this is exactly the same type of rationalization I tried to use myself before I bought the Mamiya 150mm D.

You poo-poo'd that. And you were the one who convinced me to buy one more lens...

So I'm here to tell you that you need to add both the 110mm LS and 55mm LS to your 80mm LS. You wouldn't want to break up a set would you? :grin:

vieri

Thanks Kevin for the report that is very good news to us end users. Please consider sending my above request for a 200mm 2.8 AF D. i think that one would certainly go over well with end users and you can put me down for the first one. LOL

+1, I would get the second one after Guy's in a heartbeat :D