The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H2 or Hy6???

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Street with the Hy6 sounds rather, err, interesting!

Guy is right, you are having way too much fun -- and good on you for that mate!

:thumbs:

PeterA

Well the Hy6/205TCC are really good at making loud clunking obvious sounds. It is amazing how relaxed people are when you are obviously using some kind of retro old fashioned - old guy's camera and standing there unashamedly making snaps....same as using a really cheap looking P&S - looking like a geeky tourist...it is a winning combination -:)

I was never into 'stealth' shooting-:) and all that BS.

Forrest Black

Well the Hy6/205TCC are really good at making loud clunking obvious sounds. It is amazing how relaxed people are when you are obviously using some kind of retro old fashioned - old guy's camera and standing there unashamedly making snaps....same as using a really cheap looking P&S - looking like a geeky tourist...it is a winning combination -:)

I was never into 'stealth' shooting-:) and all that BS.
You must be quite a charming guy to get away with it. :salute:

Paratom

SIMPLE QUESTION ?
IF CONTAX WAS SUCH A GREAT SYSTEM, WHY IS THE BRAND DEAD. MAMIYA, HASSEY AND THE REST OF THE NOT SO WONDERFUL SYSTEMS STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE.

MAKES YOU THINK !
could be many things, maybe the wrong business strategy, bad cost managemnt, could be also the wrong business partners, or maybe the wrong controllers, or maybe the wrong bank, could also be bad advertisting, or problems in custome-relationship, who knows.

The product itself is just one small peace of the complete puzzle.

fotografz

could be many things, maybe the wrong business strategy, bad cost managemnt, could be also the wrong business partners, or maybe the wrong controllers, or maybe the wrong bank, could also be bad advertisting, or problems in custome-relationship, who knows.

The product itself is just one small peace of the complete puzzle.
Kyocera has more money than God. They don't need a bank, they are the bank. Their business partner was Ziess. The Contax N digital killed Contax.
It was an egg the size of the Graf Zepplin ... and proof that digital photography wasn't in the cards for Kyocera.

Stuart Richardson

Whew, that is a low price for the 33mp version and the lens...I paid 3000 less for a new body and a barely used 22mp 54LV...no lens (I already had it). If I had been able to get a 33mp Leaf for that price, I would have jumped on it. I think even the demo of this was over 30,000 when I was in the market.