The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hello from Phase One

K

KWR Phase One

Hi..My name is Kevin Raber and I am with Phase One. I am happy to announce that I will be taking an active roll on this forum to help with questions and discussions on and about Phase One.

A little about me first. Like you I am very passionate about photography. I have been involved in photography since I was a young kid. I started my first studio in 1973 while in college. My studios were very successful and were located in the Philadelphia area. I did commercial and portrait work. My business grew rapidly and before long I had a number of employees, a color lab and many Fortune 500 clients. It was a different and grand time to be a photographer. I continued to grow my business and when the Apple-MAC came out in 1985 I started in addition to the studio a software company and wrote some of the first software for MAC focused on photo studio management. Through a stroke of luck and opportunity I sold my studio and software company in 1990. Soon afterward I worked with Burrell color one of the largest color labs in the US doing sales and business development. In addition in 1997 we started making a push to a digital workflow in the lab. We installed some great technology and as a result I learned about Phase One. One day we were making prints from customer files on a LightJet 5000 printer. A customer had us make a 50 inch print of his file. It was spectacular. I learned it was from a Phase One - LightPhase a 6 megapixel digital back for the Hasselblad. Well one thing lead to another and within a few months I joined the Phase One. I haven’t ever looked back. I am a firm believer in image quality and that is what Phase One is all about. Over the years we have developed some amazing products and we aren’t done yet.

My adventure with Phase One has been amazing. It is a strong and fun company to work for. We have an energetic and dynamic CEO who has assembled a terrific and talented team of individuals who are passionate about the company and photography. Phase One is not sitting still and our R&D guys are always working on new and great products. Our present line up of products is second to none. I have been VP for sometime now and worked the sales side of things mostly over the years. This year I have begun to focus on other areas, more on the marketing side. I am also responsible and the host for the PODAS workshops. This a new direction for Phase One as we are holding workshops around the world. These workshops are unique as they are all inclusive and provide attendees with a Phase One P65+ camera to use while they are attending. Our goal is to provide the best educational experience you can have and allow you the chance to see your images in the highest resolution possible. Check out our PODAS workshop pages and blog.

I am also still an avid photographer and do as much fine art landscape and portrait illustration as I can. I do it for the joy not to mention it is damn good therapy after a hard week of work. Hopefully someday I'll bump into you out there taking photographs.

I want to thank Guy and Jack for a terrific forum. It is wonderful that they take the time to take an active part in this forum and they bring a wide range of knowledge to the group here. I have to admit over the years I have been a lurker of this forum but now hope to take a more active part. There are many knowledgeable individuals who contribute here and many of these are part of our Phase One dealer network. The wealth of knowledge of these folks is unmatched and I won’t even try to compare myself to them. I hope to be able to answer certain questions and if I can’t I’ll get you the answer from someone who can. I’ll also do my best to bring you the latest news about and on Phase One. I do this with some qualifiers though. I have a busy schedule and I travel extensively and as a result sometimes I may not be able to reply so promptly. I’ll do my best to catch up though as time allows. My contact information is provided and if you have a specific need never hesitate to email me directly. I look forward to being a part of this forum in a more active way and once again thank Jack and Guy for the opportunity to participate.

In closing I’d like to say that we are at a most amazing time in photography. The digital revolution is very young and things are still changing rapidly. Photography is becoming a much more integral part of our lives than ever before. We are challenged to re-invent ourselves constantly and creatively. The cool thing is we are part of it. Open your mind and your heart to the possibilities and enjoy the ride. Get out there and take pictures, don’t let the technology get in your way. Just have fun!

etrigan63

Welcome to the forum. You will find this an excellent resource as it will give you a direct link to the users of your products.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Hey bunk mate - welcome! (for those who are curious, Kevin had the upper bunk and I the lower on a voyage we took together)

Kev, should I explain to our other friends on this forum what the term "Raberize" means?

Looking forward to our shoot next month,
Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hey bunk mate - welcome! (for those who are curious, Kevin had the upper bunk and I the lower on a voyage we took together)

Kev, should I explain to our other friends on this forum what the term "Raberize" means?

Looking forward to our shoot next month,
Bill
You guys should come visit the southwest for some wildflowers.

Don Libby

Hi Kevin,

I'll add my expression of welcome here as well. While I enjoy and have a huge amount of trust in my dealer it'll nevertheless be interesting hearing what you, a direct company representative have to share. I hope you'll be a frequent contributor here not only for news and product awareness but share your own work as well.

Don

Analog6

Hi Kevin. I only have a humble P20 but I love it, great quality images, and I hope to upgrade to a later model one day.

Christopher

A big welcome Kevin. I still remember our fantastic Antarctica trip and I know you are great guy. It is nice to have you here. It should be helpful for a lot of people.

etrump

I'll add my welcome too Kevin. I have been a phase user for a couple of years now and am a very happy customer. My current back is the amazing p65+ with a just acquired DF.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Welcome Kevin!

As a newcomer to GetDPI myself, I've found it a great place with lots of knowledgeable and helpful people. I especially like how Jack and Guy are so involved and and willing to help out. Your expertise will be a great addition.