The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

645DF FW 1.0.7 installed today

tashley

Subscriber Member
Got a call from my dealer yesterday saying that they had a 'one day only' in-store facility to update the FW. The main improvement is to stop camera lockups, which I had experienced somewhat and mentioned once in a thread here but not been overly bothered by since a) I had assumed they were user error and b) I mainly use my 65+ on a Cambo rig.

Nonetheless nice to have this fixed though I have yet to test that it is.

Other reason for the FW update is to fix communication errors that stop the CFs of the body being 'seen' by the P40+ and 65+ menu system. That may have been improved but first sign from here is that it isn't fixed completely: I have yet to figure out exactly which order of switching on what component releases the magic but it still doesn't work reliably on my system at least though I am not especially bothered by this.

Anyone else got the update yet or did the storm blow through weeks ago and I never noticed?!

Best

Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The following comment is going to surprise you, but I would have to go look at my camera to see what FW I'm currently running in it. Bottom line is I am so freaking happy with the way my DF body is working in unison with my P65+ back, I would be reluctant to change anything! Seriously, I realize FW updates are usually a good thing, and there are probably aspects that I don't use that are problematic for others. But I as I get older I also appreciate and am learning to live by the old sage, "If it 'aint broke, don't fix it!"

PS: And then there is the part where my dealer's tech person actually contacts me occasionally and says something like, "Hey, I think you'll actually want to send me your body or lens for the xyz update!" :D

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The following comment is going to surprise you, but I would have to go look at my camera to see what FW I'm currently running in it. Bottom line is I am so freaking happy with the way my DF body is working in unison with my P65+ back, I would be reluctant to change anything! Seriously, I realize FW updates are usually a good thing, and there are probably aspects that I don't use that are problematic for others. But I as I get older I also appreciate and am learning to live by the old sage, "If it 'aint broke, don't fix it!"

PS: And then there is the part where my dealer's tech person actually contacts me occasionally and says something like, "Hey, I think you'll actually want to send me your body or lens for the xyz update!" :D
Right, same becomes true for me:D

Still did not update my H3D with the new FW which is available now for several weeks. Just too happy with the way how things are working.

narikin

never heard a thing about it. (you'd think Phase would keep its $40,000 paying customers informed) AND like you my back sometimes talks to the DF body, sometimes not...

today is a 'not' day.

so - unless someone can tell me the trick, I cant know which FW my DF is on, and whether this is worth it or not.

narikin

thanks.

mine is also 1.01 so if we are now on 1.07, what happened to all the others in between?!

I've only owned the camera for 3 months!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
PS: I cant see anywhere to download new camera firmware on Phase's site - anyone help?
Right now, body firmware is a service upgrade only as it requires a special tool that connects through the lensmount. When the new grip comes out, users will be able to do it via that grip, but for now you need to send your body in (or get it to a dealer with the tool) for an update.

markowich

Right, same becomes true for me:D

Still did not update my H3D with the new FW which is available now for several weeks. Just too happy with the way how things are working.
peter,
no problem with the new H3D firmware. just do it----))))
peter

K

KWR Phase One

Hi . . .

It’s always good to make sure you have the latest firmware for your backs and camera. Below is some quick info on how to find out what firmware your camera has. With the backs it is easy to scroll down to the info area on the back and your firmware will be read. On the latest firmware updates for P65+ and P40+ (Both camera and Back) you can also see you camera firmware as well as back. Did you know you can set custom functions from the back too. Pretty cool!

P40+ and P65+ Backs - Latest firmware is 4.8.8
The DF camera current firmware is 1.0.7

This is from Knowledge Base Article 1185 from the Phase One support site....

Phase One AF

Firmware version can be seen by setting the function dial to CF, Scroll to custom function 36 (C-36) and press the button “+/-“ (Exposure Compensation) it will show firmware version number on the LCD screen. The small 01 at the bottom shows the lens firmware version.

If this function does not exist or firmware version is lower then 1.0 then the firmware is obselete and camera should come to Phase One for firmware update.
Please contact your local Phase One dealer.

Phase One DF

Firmware version can be seen by setting the function dial to CF, Scroll to custom function 99 (C - 99). You will breifly see "C - 99" display in the upper portion of the screen, this will disappear and show the firmware version in the lower right of the screen.

*Custom Function 98 (C - 98) will display the current firmware of any lens that is presently attached to the camera.

----------------
A Guy points out at this time FW needs to be done on camera bodies by a dealer or Phase One. In the not so distant future the new Vertical grip will allow FW updates through USB connection.

Hope this helps.

Paul David

Perhaps it will be possible for the dealer to loan or rent a grip (for those of us who do not need one) so we don't have to send in the whole body for firmware upgrades. Shipping would be much less expensive.

Paul

baxter

Please could you let me know if there is a timeframe on the release of this new grip? Living some way from my intended dealer, this could be a useful benefit.

Currently selling LF film gear to assist in affording a 645DF with probably a P45+

Kai Birkigt

Oops, I saw that I still have FW 1.0.1 in the DF body.

Can this be the cause that I have a shutter problem from time by time?

My dealer knows it since April, 11th and we already exchanged the 80 mm lens. That wasn't it, it still occurs and I can only continue shooting after removing the batteries from the cam. :deadhorse:

What is better in FW 1.0.7 or older than in 1.0.1?

Kai