The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WaHOO! Just added a multishot!

T.Karma

I'll leave that to my dealer to figure out and find. He is amazing when it comes to stuff like that. He was formally head of tech for a major car studio and is wired into all kinds of resources that I'd never know about. But I have time to find it all, because I am out of funds for studio gear ;)

-Marc
Good to have a solid help and back up. Hope it comes nicely together. :thumbup:

David K

Workshop Member
Marc, very best of luck and enjoyment with your new gear. Thanks also for the ability to share your journey vicariously without having to spend any money :)

Nick-T

Welcome to multi-shot Marc! I've been shooting multi-shot for ten years and am a great believer in the technology.
Nick-T

fotografz

Marc, very best of luck and enjoyment with your new gear. Thanks also for the ability to share your journey vicariously without having to spend any money :)
LOL! Yeah David ... now the trick will be to turn my commercial studio into a money maker instead of the money pit it's been for the last year or so.

-Marc

fotografz

Welcome to multi-shot Marc! I've been shooting multi-shot for ten years and am a great believer in the technology.
Nick-T
Me too Nick. Being an art/creative director for most of my life before semi-retiring, I was exposed to multishot many times, so I know what it can do ... including from the likes of Alan Davidson who is on the Hassey digital forum from time-to-time. He uses multishot quite a bit, and shot many jobs for me over the years.

-Marc

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I'm done. And I seriously mean it this time (he says as he pulls his pockets inside out :ROTFL: )

-Report on results to follow.

-Marc
Honest CONGRATULATIONS for your MS BACK , also from Germany .

But Marc , "I am done" :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: Really ? ? ?

I can hardly believe it . And I am talking about my own addiction to new and/or fantastic gear .
I "promised" my wife many times for sure , this is the last gear I bought . I am done .

But that never lasted very long .

So I recently ended up with an ALPA 12SWA + DIGARON-S 28mm lens .
I do not need this camera at all , but when I saw her and had her in my hands , I felt an extremely strong urge to get her .

So , Marc take it easy , that is the way gear meniacs have to get their passion under control . It does not work .
Sometimes , I believe , to stop smokoing must be easier than stop going for new gear .

All the best and many good shots with your MS back .

Jürgen

kdphotography

Honest CONGRATULATIONS for your MS BACK , also from Germany .

But Marc , "I am done" :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: Really ? ? ?

I can hardly believe it . And I am talking about my own addiction to new and/or fantastic gear .
I "promised" my wife many times for sure , this is the last gear I bought . I am done .

But that never lasted very long .

So I recently ended up with an ALPA 12SWA + DIGARON-S 28mm lens .
I do not need this camera at all , but when I saw her and had her in my hands , I felt an extremely strong urge to get her .

So , Marc take it easy , that is the way gear meniacs have to get their passion under control . It does not work .
Sometimes , I believe , to stop smokoing must be easier than stop going for new gear .

All the best and many good shots with your MS back .

Jürgen
I saw that too---- Done? NOT! But it does guarantee you a spot of the most exalted status of great high honor (of gear sluts) on the Medium Format Systems forum! :ROTFL:

Big congrats on your MS back!

fotografz

" ... but when I saw her and had her in my hands , I felt an extremely strong urge to get her ."

You lost me Jurgen ... were you referencing getting married to the ALPA, or your wife here? ;)

When I say "done" I kinda mean it this time ... no more "additions" only "substitutions". Want one of these, sell two of these.

The major event determining this was moving from the unbridled, anything goes income of my advertising career, to the more fixed income of semi-retirement ... a retirement heavily impacted by the world financial events we all are aware of.

That's okay, we all need a little discipline from time-to-time ... or so I say now :rolleyes:

-Marc

fotografz

Okay, I should have this puppy in the studio this weekend. My dealer will deliver and give me a full course in its use.

The news is even better than I thought. This Certified Pre-Owned CF/39 MS back only has 1200 or so shots on it, and was the demo back of one of Hasselblad's tech gurus. :thumbs:

What will be interesting is that I can eventually do a test of single-shot verses multi-shot that is as unfettered with anomalies as you can get. Literally everything exactly the same ... but shot the two different ways.

Should be interesting.

-Marc

jotloob

Subscriber Member
"

That's okay, we all need a little discipline from time-to-time ... or so I say now :rolleyes:

-Marc

Thanks Marc for your friendly posting .

I am always very good in buying gear but was never good in selling gear .
Therefore please tell me , where can I buy that "little discipline" .
I have not seen any here in my supermarket .
I wonder , if it is in slices or cubes or a bit like gunpowder :grin:

Regards Jürgen

fotografz

Thanks Marc for your friendly posting .

I am always very good in buying gear but was never good in selling gear .
Therefore please tell me , where can I buy that "little discipline" .
I have not seen any here in my supermarket .
I wonder , if it is in slices or cubes or a bit like gunpowder :grin:

Regards Jürgen
Jurgen, they "hard sell" it at any Bank in the USA.

Of course, one can ignore it all and end up in a double-wide, dining on left over hot dogs and dehydrated refried beans.

I used to joke around about retiring to run a hot dog stand on the beach, and selling snap-shots of people with my world famous chile-dogs ... until I found out that beach vendor license runs about $150,000. on up. Maybe black-market hot dogs?

:salute:

-Marc