Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    Hi Guys,

    I have a Rollei 6008i + MCU. Up to now it's only been used with film. I have been contemplating the digital back arena, and today came across a thought that I haven't been able to answer due to my misplacing the user manuals!

    I was thinking whether or not a multi-shot back is worth it, then realised that I don't know how to lock up the mirror for the duration of a few (4) shots. Does anyone here know:
    1) If it's possible?
    2) If it isn't, will the mirror movement upset the camera enough to ruin the shot?

    Thanks,

    Graham.

  2. #2
    Senior Member PSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    145

    Re: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    Quote Originally Posted by shakeshuck View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I have a Rollei 6008i + MCU. Up to now it's only been used with film. I have been contemplating the digital back arena, and today came across a thought that I haven't been able to answer due to my misplacing the user manuals!

    I was thinking whether or not a multi-shot back is worth it, then realised that I don't know how to lock up the mirror for the duration of a few (4) shots. Does anyone here know:
    1) If it's possible?
    2) If it isn't, will the mirror movement upset the camera enough to ruin the shot?

    Thanks,

    Graham.

    Graham,
    The mirror lock up is on the left side of the camera. It is a button just push it and it lock up the mirror. However, when shooting in multi-shot mode, I let the delayed time to be 5-7 second delay. During this time I can re-lock up the mirror as it will be released back after each exposure.
    -Son
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    Graham,
    The mirror lock up is on the left side of the camera. It is a button just push it and it lock up the mirror. However, when shooting in multi-shot mode, I let the delayed time to be 5-7 second delay. During this time I can re-lock up the mirror as it will be released back after each exposure.
    -Son
    I assume you don't have any problems with camera movement due to the mirror returning to the downwards position, then needing reseting?

  4. #4
    Senior Member PSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    145

    Re: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    Quote Originally Posted by shakeshuck View Post
    I assume you don't have any problems with camera movement due to the mirror returning to the downwards position, then needing reseting?
    I posted images here before with the 16 shots mode without a problem. I also use the multi-shot back with other system particularly Contax 645, Hasselblad V system.
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    I posted images here before with the 16 shots mode without a problem.
    Thanks Son, that's good to know...

    Graham.

  6. #6
    Senior Member EH21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    I *think* this can be done without the mirror coming down using the optional camera controller or possibly with a combinations of settings using the multiple exposure setting.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    IIRC on the Hy6/AFi camera body:
    mirror-up button brings mirror up
    then stays up until the button is pressed again
    to bring it down
    FYI

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    Quote Originally Posted by EH21 View Post
    I *think* this can be done without the mirror coming down using the optional camera controller or possibly with a combinations of settings using the multiple exposure setting.
    I did expect it to, but as I can't find an appropriate combination, and Son suggests it always returns down, maybe it can't.

  9. #9
    Senior Member EH21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    Here's how to do it - from page 55 of the 6008AF and Integral 2 manual. Honestly I don't know if it will work for the integral 1, but you might be able to have the Rollei service guys update it to an integral 2 to do so if it doesn't.

    A multiple-exposure alternative is the film advance
    custom function (“SF trAn“), see
    “Custom functions“. In this case, the film
    advance is disengaged electronically, and
    the reflex mirror remains locked up after
    the first exposure. This means, however,
    that viewfinder observation and renewed
    exposure metering as well as focusing are
    impossible. On the other hand, this form
    of multiple exposures allows higher shooting
    rates, and it is adjustable via MasterWare.
    To terminate multiple exposure,
    either switch 31 off before the last exposure
    or press the mirror-lockup button 73
    after the last exposure.
    Notes:
    In the latter case, serial photography is
    impossible. With the master switch set to
    “C“, the camera responds as if “S“ had
    been set.
    For serial photography, MasterWare is
    required. This allows up to ten successive
    photographs with a minimal delay of 10
    ms between individual exposures.
    Important:
    Magazines must not be changed during a
    series of multiple exposures.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rollei 6008 mirror lock up

    Quote Originally Posted by EH21 View Post
    Here's how to do it - from page 55 of the 6008AF and Integral 2 manual. Honestly I don't know if it will work for the integral 1, but you might be able to have the Rollei service guys update it to an integral 2 to do so if it doesn't.

    A multiple-exposure alternative is the film advance
    custom function (“SF trAn“), see
    “Custom functions“. In this case, the film
    advance is disengaged electronically, and
    the reflex mirror remains locked up after
    the first exposure. This means, however,
    that viewfinder observation and renewed
    exposure metering as well as focusing are
    impossible. On the other hand, this form
    of multiple exposures allows higher shooting
    rates, and it is adjustable via MasterWare.
    To terminate multiple exposure,
    either switch 31 off before the last exposure
    or press the mirror-lockup button 73
    after the last exposure.
    Notes:
    In the latter case, serial photography is
    impossible. With the master switch set to
    “C“, the camera responds as if “S“ had
    been set.
    For serial photography, MasterWare is
    required. This allows up to ten successive
    photographs with a minimal delay of 10
    ms between individual exposures.
    Important:
    Magazines must not be changed during a
    series of multiple exposures.
    I only just managed to get round to testing this. Your jottings put me on the right lines, but I don't know how this integrates with the back:

    Turning the transport off with the MCU will lock up the mirror after the first shot, and it will remain there until you turn transport back on.

    Using the multiple exposure facility leaves the mirror up until it has completed 'n' exposures (just what I wanted!), but is this tied in automatically with the back's 4-shot mode? Or would I still be taking four manual exposures? (Not that it's difficult, but it would be nice to press the shutter release once and not touch it again until it's done all four shots).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •