Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: H4D-60 ....coming soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: H4D-60 ....coming soon

Should i try to use any firmware available in Hasselblad website? the latest one i mean, maybe it may do something or i should wait and see what will come out in next few days with Hasselblad?
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

David G is currently on holiday, I have contacted some people and to see what can be done ASAP.
    Nick-T

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is the same file as i promised to upload of that bad but in FFF format

http://www.mediafire.com/?81fe7aeummvzy7q
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is a quick shot i've done with studio light, now i don't see any issue

Then i will try to shoot something with shadows and see
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq would you be so kind and upload this file as well? I would like to analyze this one too as it looks very sharp and good ...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    This is a quick shot i've done with studio light, now i don't see any issue

Then i will try to shoot something with shadows and see
    That is because it is not noise you are seeing in the other files.

The odd speckles directly correspond to the Shadow Warning in the 3F file you posted when incorrectly using Phocus V2.5. Just go to View in the top menu and scroll to Shadow Warning to see what I mean. It matches exactly.

You are simply using the wrong software version which doesn't support the H4D/60 ... and your dealer didn't do you or Hasselblad any favors by letting you get this camera without the right software to use. Hasselblad is remiss for shipping this camera without posting the Phocus update on their website, even if it would be for H4D/60 owners only.

I'd also ask if the Camera Firmware has to updated with the new software or not. Probably not, but it's worth a question.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Spinnler View Post
    Tareq would you be so kind and upload this file as well? I would like to analyze this one too as it looks very sharp and good ...
    OK, i will do, but i don't think this will solve any issue if there is one, but for you i will upload this file, and it is at ISO 50, done for you even not good enough.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    That is because it is not noise you are seeing in the other files.

The odd speckles directly correspond to the Shadow Warning in the 3F file you posted when incorrectly using Phocus V2.5. Just go to View in the top menu and scroll to Shadow Warning to see what I mean. It matches exactly.

You are simply using the wrong software version which doesn't support the H4D/60 ... and your dealer didn't do you or Hasselblad any favors by letting you get this camera without the right software to use. Hasselblad is remiss for shipping this camera without posting the Phocus update on their website, even if it would be for H4D/60 owners only.

I'd also ask if the Camera Firmware has to updated with the new software or not. Probably not, but it's worth a question.

-Marc
    Exactly my thoughts, i even didn't say it was a noise, but i know it was something to do with shadows parts, if it is noise then it should be on this lens or hasselblad camera i posted before, so it doesn't corresponding the noise, sure there is some kind of noise at ISO400-800, but the issue as you all seen is not the noise, but shadow warning as you said, and i did that warning option and saw the point, but i will contact the dealer to see if that included software is something newer or there is any updates, i tend to believe that this version of Focus maybe not compatible completely yet with H4D-60, and also i feel a coming firmware will solve the problem i hope so.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Look at this example, the issue is started to go away[still it is there slightly], but i can't understand what's going on, when i export this shot as DNG to open with Photoshop i saw the issue so clearly, but i exported as JPEG full size and resized with Photoshop with much less issue even still there, so i think the problem is with the software, time for update.

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq, try to shoot the scene again and overexpose the scene so that you don't get any shadow warnings. Then in Phocus pull the exposure back ... maybe this will get you clean files ...

Post Thanks / Like

yes, definitely software, you can relax, your 40 000k back is ok and hasselblad is NOT in deep trouble

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tareq, try to shoot the scene again and overexpose the scene so that you don't get any shadow warnings. Then in Phocus pull the exposure back ... maybe this will get you clean files ...
    OK, i will do that later as i feel tired, i am waiting the file to be uploaded for you then i will head to a deep sleeping for new day with new tests, and this time i will do outdoor day time shots and see, but i feel it is not with overexposed, it is with underexposed shots as you said, then no point i try in brighter day with no much shadows underexposed in the shot to see the issue.

yes, definitely software, you can relax, your 40 000k back is ok and hasselblad is NOT in deep trouble
    I hope so, otherwise i just met one person from Phase One and showed me P65+ and DF body and Horseman SW-DII, Hasselblad should listen to us and help us to stay with them.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, the issue is still there, and i will look for the new updates [software, firmware,...replace the body...], here is 2 last examples i am doing for now, first at ISO 100 and the second at ISO 800, but WOW, ISO800 even with that mess crap issue, it is clean to my eyes in the highlights and lights, but i hope it is usual with any other bodies if it is overexposed a bit then no noise to be see, but i really didn't overexposed the shot, i use the Aperture mode so i just changed the ISO so which mean the shots from ISO 50, 100 and 800 are all at same exposure level [i think], but still i can't see noise, for me it is a big improvement over my H3DII-39.

ISO100

ISO800

WOW again, what a big difference.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

if they're the same exposure level, who does the iso 800 shot show so much more noise shadow warning/noise/whatever?

can't wait for my h4d-60 ...

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the New Camera Tareq, This problem does look odd I was going to say it looks like shadow warning, Hopefully Phocus Update will fix your problem!
    www.williamophuis.com

Hassy H4D-40.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a minute, upload an original fff file:

www.sendthisfile.com

Put: [email protected] in the address box, hit send, and I'll take a look at it for you.

Thanks,

-Marc

Again, what is the issue you are seeing?
    Tareq,

Which version of Phocus are you using?

Marc,

Are you using Phocus 2.5.1B2? This is AFAIK the first Phocus version that supports the H4D60 and should have been delivered together with the H4D60.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dustbak View Post
    Tareq,

Which version of Phocus are you using?

Marc,

Are you using Phocus 2.5.1B2? This is AFAIK the first Phocus version that supports the H4D60 and should have been delivered together with the H4D60.
    I use Phocus 2.5, i didn't get the CD/DVD which coming with the camera in the box because i thought they will be almost the same accessories just newer version of the software which i can download from the website, didn't know that it might be on the CD and not the website, but i will call the dealer and ask them if the CD is with the newest software which is even not available in the website.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The RAW file of that lens shot above, for Paul [and all]

http://www.mediafire.com/?8avmfwvmgg8625c
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from holidays.

Tareq... You absolutely need to use the latest version of Phocus which was supplied with your H4D60 on a DVD.

This was a special version currently only for the H4D60 and not yet uploaded.

Using Phocus 2.5 will render some very strange results!

Please use that version for any forthcoming images.

Also exporting to DNG will likely not give you anywhere near the same result as Phocus.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David Grover / Hasselblad View Post
    Hello from holidays.

Tareq... You absolutely need to use the latest version of Phocus which was supplied with your H4D60 on a DVD.

This was a special version currently only for the H4D60 and not yet uploaded.

Using Phocus 2.5 will render some very strange results!

Please use that version for any forthcoming images.

Also exporting to DNG will likely not give you anywhere near the same result as Phocus.

David
    Hello David,

Good that you told me that, i didn't think that a special version will be supplied on a DVD, then i will give the dealer a call and see how can i get the DVD [as i can't go to him today unless i will be free].

I knew it was the software issue, but how come you didn't make that special version available in Hasselblad website, so what i can do if i didn't go to the dealer today, then he will be closed by Friday and Saturday, where i can find this special version rather than a supplied DVD itself?

Enjoy your holiday and waiting your results, you are the man.

Thanks,

Tareq
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Ending!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Happy Ending!
    Yeah
    Time for some serious shots now
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq,

We supply the H4D in a box with all necessary accessories and software. There is also a release note at the top of the box which describes that using the supplied version of phocus is necessary.

I am not sure why you are not in possession of these materials unless you left them at the dealership, which unfortunately is out of our control.

The reason why the latest version is not uploaded as we are still finalising it for other models and we did not want 60 owners to wait any longer.

David.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David Grover / Hasselblad View Post
    Tareq,

We supply the H4D in a box with all necessary accessories and software. There is also a release note at the top of the box which describes that using the supplied version of phocus is necessary.

I am not sure why you are not in possession of these materials unless you left them at the dealership, which unfortunately is out of our control.

The reason why the latest version is not uploaded as we are still finalising it for other models and we did not want 60 owners to wait any longer.

David.
    DAVID,

Thanks for the info, it is my fault, i just traded-in my old body so i didn't take the box as i have the accessories unless there are items i need which are not included in my H3DII-39 box before rather than software, so i just took my body with the back and viewfinder and gave it to the dealer and took the new body of H4D-60 with the back and viewfinder[and the strap] that's all, but i will go back as soon as possible to take the software, i am not sad at all about this mistake, i love Hasselblad and they worked hard to produce it, so it is my fault and i apologize about it, and good we figured out that it is the software and i didn't complain yet about the camera at all, I am very happy with it as the ISO800 at those issued shots are clean enough that i can get from any MF, so that i will keep shooting normally with it as long i will get the correct right software sooner or later, and it is good to let the people know that there is a new software and even new firmware will be there to use and time to update/upgrade the software, then we are all happy.

Thanks Hasselblad for their efforts, i really appreciate it and i will stay with them.

Thanks,
    Tareq
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

i am getting super-jealous....my dealer told me it is a one year wait for my upgrade from the H3D50. this is ridiculous, will call hasselblad right away,
    p

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by markowich View Post
    i am getting super-jealous....my dealer told me it is a one year wait for my upgrade from the H3D50. this is ridiculous, will call hasselblad right away,
    p
    Yes, do it ASAP, you deserve to get it, i didn't upgrade to 50 as i was sure there is higher mp camera will come, and when i heard about it i just made the trade-in, and i can't wait to get it, and i am happy with it and it will be due to improvements for sure within the time, get it and you will be so happy with it.

Good luck!
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Got the new software, the issue is solved, time to have fun!
    Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Got the new software, the issue is solved, time to have fun!
    Dancing to the tune of "I told you so" ...

I told ya so, I told ya so, I told ya, told ya, told ya so ....

Post pics!

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dancing to the tune of "I told you so" ...

I told ya so, I told ya so, I told ya, told ya, told ya so ....

Post pics!

-Marc
    Wish i do works as you do in photography [high quality], then i will dance for sure

I can post pics, but nothing in same class as your works, you want to see pics of nice works and interesting.

Tareq
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq, you live in UAE, there are plenty of things to shoot!

Burj Al Arab would be perfect to test the high resolution of that 60mp with.

You can't tell us you have nothing to shoot: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...w=1440&bih=797

Look at that place, you guys have some of the most elegant and beautiful man-made structures in the world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by symbolphoto View Post
    Tareq, you live in UAE, there are plenty of things to shoot!

Burj Al Arab would be perfect to test the high resolution of that 60mp with.

You can't tell us you have nothing to shoot: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...w=1440&bih=797

Look at that place, you guys have some of the most elegant and beautiful man-made structures in the world!
    Man, come now to my country and try to shoot something as those photos.
    Those are most most are manipulated as HELL, and some were taken in winter, and some are not real, so don't think that these photos are so real and if i go there and shoot i will have same those photos, Dubai is full of foreigners people who are gearholic and photoshop wizards, I saw some photos original, rarely some shots coming closer to those, and how come i beat some with view and technical gear and TS lens and maybe same my camera [H3DII39/50, P45+/P65+] and best lens and professional in softwares? don't think i will beat them, i even thinking that 98% of them are working as team or group, so i am with just new H4D-60 and i am new in MF world as well and no TS lens or adapter and no view camera and just recently i bought my Profot one head [and those having minimum 6-8 Profoto heads or Bron], I can shoot something but then say my composition or exposure is not spot on, your colors are off, your....
    I met one person in dubai, Phase One asked him to be the dealer of them in UAE, i met him yesterday and he brought few gear, what are they? Phase One DF + one of those lenses from Phase One + P65+, the other gear was Horseman SW-D + P45+ and Schneider lens, now if those people are experienced and lucky enough to have all the gear and so skilled with Photoshop and C1 and Lightroom and so, what do you expect me to do?

I will post some shots here, and if some of you so experienced with software like Photoshop, do you best and let me see what you can do to my works
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Forgot to say that i am not living in Dubai, the traffic making me to reach dubai in about 1 hour or so, and the time here is short, morning time i am working and evening time i am with family, going to Dubai is not a good idea for me, it is the best for you, i met many foreigners there and they feel my pain, i don't want to talk about my situations now, but i am trying hard to have something as serious to shoot in Dubai, normal shots i can do with my 1DsIII or 5D or even 1D MarkIII, for some reasons due to culture mostly we are not chosen to do photoshoot in many events, you may not believe me or you may something else, but come here and see how it is going on here and then judge, if i can get the opportunity with those companies or agencies [which is very rarely due to your professionalism and experiences] we most of the time not chosen to do the shoot, 70-80% are non arabs in UAE, Arabs maybe around 30%, and we are original UAE people are about 10-15%, can someone help us please?
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't attacking you Tareq, i was simply trying to cheer you up to find some things to shoot.

I've never been to UAE, but i'd love to go someday. I heard security around some of these large structures is difficult and security gives people a very hard time.

What town do you live in? Is there a lot of traffic between your town and UAE?

I was recently in India and had an amazing time. That's a great country to see colors and get beautiful photos.

Ok sorry everyone, back to your regularly scheduled HD60 thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Now we are going very off-topic but it is amazing to see how you sometimes don't see the things anymore that are right in front of you.

When I read what you write Tareq my feeling is that I would love to photograph persons from that 10-15% of originale UAE people.

I think you have an excellent tool just for that in the H4D60.

The structures might be impressive but personally I find people much more interesting.

Anyway, looking forward to see stuff you have made. I always like to see what others do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I wasn't attacking you Tareq, i was simply trying to cheer you up to find some things to shoot.

I've never been to UAE, but i'd love to go someday. I heard security around some of these large structures is difficult and security gives people a very hard time.

What town do you live in? Is there a lot of traffic between your town and UAE?

I was recently in India and had an amazing time. That's a great country to see colors and get beautiful photos.

Ok sorry everyone, back to your regularly scheduled HD60 thread.
    Yes man, it became like we are not in our country, it becomes so harder for us, and we have to struggle to do something here, i am not talking about VIP families as those are always do whatever in anywhere in the world, but most are not VIP, but anyway, i will keep doing what i can do and i will never look back, maybe one day we will have our natural positions and better situations.

Yes, there is traffic most of the time between my Town Ajman and Dubai, UAE is the country not the city or town, and Sharjah town/city which is in between [between dubai and ajman] is not so good roads, imagine like you are driving in 4-6 lanes road then it is going to 2-3 lanes then again 5-6 lanes, that point where it is going to 2-3 lanes is in Sharjah, and imagine hundreds thousands driving on the same road, it is about 25-40km between my town ajman and Dubai, so it should take 15-25 minutes, taking it in longer than 40-50 minutes most of the time is really a nightmare, and in the morning and thank GOD i don't work in Dubai, this traffic can reach something about 1 hour or 1 hour and couples of minutes, so for me i always avoid to go to Dubai to shoot anything, and if i do then having hard time there i will never feel interested to go there anyway then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustbak View Post
    Now we are going very off-topic but it is amazing to see how you sometimes don't see the things anymore that are right in front of you.

When I read what you write Tareq my feeling is that I would love to photograph persons from that 10-15% of originale UAE people.

I think you have an excellent tool just for that in the H4D60.

The structures might be impressive but personally I find people much more interesting.

Anyway, looking forward to see stuff you have made. I always like to see what others do.
    Sure, i will post few shots now regardless how quality it is comparing to others.

In fact i would like to shoot people or my friends, but not all are helpful to do, so i will do my best to shoot, and i am not that kind of photographer who is after the street or candid shots, i have a friend who is shooting film doing that so i let it to him, i go mostly for landscapes and architecture whenever i can, and nightshots is the best i can do here in my country, but honestly, the weather now is not helping, so when the winter is coming, i will be hungry to shoot outdoor mostly the beach, the sunset in the winter here is terrific.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A night shot from today [Yesterday our time], the weather is bad bad bad, so hot and humid, i am so lucky to have this Hasselblad to handle the bad condition and produce acceptable colors at the end

H4D-60, HCD 4/28mm, f/11, 11sec, ISO50
    Last edited by Professional; 22nd July 2010 at 12:48.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

2 more

HC 2.8/80mm, f11, 1.6, iso800

HCD 4/28, f11, 3.2, iso200
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like an awesome place. Maybe one day i'll come visit

So that's pretty good for 3.2 seconds. No traces of noise whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq! What great shots! And thank you for uploading raws, this gives one a feel for the sensor. But I'm not sure how noisy this images are. Did you activate noise reduction?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looks like an awesome place. Maybe one day i'll come visit

So that's pretty good for 3.2 seconds. No traces of noise whatsoever.
    Yes, this place is nice, and i like it, one of the best spots for nightshots, one day it was clear and better weather, the reflection was terrific, and that tunnel in the back is astonishing, you should do a visit, you are welcome anytime.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tareq! What great shots! And thank you for uploading raws, this gives one a feel for the sensor. But I'm not sure how noisy this images are. Did you activate noise reduction?
    My pleasure!!!
    Activated the noise reduction on the software or the camera you mean? I don't know if there is such on the camera, but the software, i didn't touch that Phocus Noise Reduction at all, but i did a touch of NR in Photoshop, but not all the three shots, i think 2 of them only They are very noisy, very very noisy
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This one is zero NR, but it is at iso50 anyway, so it should be clean without any NR

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

mhhh ... if you upload the iso 50 shot i would love to push it through some noise reduction routines ... i'm planning on doing some nighttime shots down the line in shanghai and from what i see the files are quite noisy, even the iso 50 one ... only if you want ... this interests me, because long time exposure is important nonetheless ...

you lucky guy! can't wait to get mine!

kind regards

paul

Post Thanks / Like

i just saw your last pic ...

so this is without noise redcutio? it doesn't look that bad ...

Post Thanks / Like

you should try lightroom 3 or cs5 for noise reduction ... develop in phocus and reduce noise in camera raw 6.0 or lr3 the algorithms there are quite superb with regard to high noise ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

In fact it might be the bad weather as well, it affect the pic to a degree, i even cleaned my lens from the humidity by a normal cloth, so i can't judge that iso 50 is noisy or the files are not so clear or with clarity enough, it could be my pp that may push the noise a bit more.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

you should try lightroom 3 or cs5 for noise reduction ... develop in phocus and reduce noise in camera raw 6.0 or lr3 the algorithms there are quite superb with regard to high noise ...
    In fact the NR applied to one of those shots above done on CS4 [still not having CS5], i forgot to use a better NR application such as Noise Ninja or Noiseware.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

In my way to our photography club [UAE Photography Society].

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

tareq,
    how does the H4D60 handle the HCD lenses? is the crop indicated in the viewfinder? or do you shoot without knowing what the crop is finally going to be?
    thanks for your efforts,
    peter
    ps: i shot in jeddah last september and i can still feel the heat and humidity....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by markowich View Post
    tareq,
    how does the H4D60 handle the HCD lenses? is the crop indicated in the viewfinder? or do you shoot without knowing what the crop is finally going to be?
    thanks for your efforts,
    peter
    ps: i shot in jeddah last september and i can still feel the heat and humidity....
    Hey Peter,

Nice question, well, honestly i don't know, i just shoot with HCD 28 and i can't see if there is any crop applied at SOOC or not, it needs to have another camera such as H3DII-39 or H4D-50 and do test side by side and see, someone i met before yesterday told me that i will see some kind of vignetting if i use my HCD 28 on this 60mp camera, to be honest, i feel there are people want to have issues with this camera so either they replace it or go another brand, i am still testing it but to my level and skill i am not eligible yet to see the difference that you really care or watch about, i did yesterday a quick shot in our house in the yard in front the villa where the sun is strong to the side [about 90 degree to my right], i think this is the best time to check vignetting, when opened the shot on Phocus and tick off the vignetting option, i couldn't see that there is really a bad or extreme vignetting at all, just very little falloff maybe, but about cropping i can't tell until you can tell me a way to check that.
    Tareq