Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: H4D-60 ....coming soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: H4D-60 ....coming soon

Just a thought, on my night shots i feel there is kind of color noise and there is a banding effect maybe on one of the shots [iso 800], i can't be sure if that is due to high iso or my workflow or because of the weather and bad condition, I will give that a test later in the future if the weather getting better, and i will clean my lenses better so i will eliminate any possible errors or issues i can get with the system and see.

One question: how do you clean your H series camera sensor, i've got a black dot big in the frames, i hate when this happen and it is just second time i took it out and got dust, so is there a way to clean the camera and how?
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Never touch the sensor with anything, use a good air blower. If it doesn't go away you need a sensor cleaning kit ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Spinnler View Post
    Never touch the sensor with anything, use a good air blower. If it doesn't go away you need a sensor cleaning kit ...
    The problem is, i have a blower and a cleaning kit, but i don't know where is the sensor in H3D/H4D.

* I am uploading 2 night shots @ iso 50 now, will take long time as i have slow uploading speed.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tareq nice shots! looks like you're having fun with it, My dealer showed me how to take the Back off, you need to take the Viewfinder off and then you can remove the back and the sensor is there, I wouldn't touch the sensor without someone showing you though
    www.williamophuis.com

Hassy H4D-40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Will Ophuis View Post
    Hi Tareq nice shots! looks like you're having fun with it, My dealer showed me how to take the Back off, you need to take the Viewfinder off and then you can remove the back and the sensor is there, I wouldn't touch the sensor without someone showing you though
    Hey Willy[sorry to call you this but i like it],
    Thank you very much to tell me this, in this case i will take my camera to the dealer and let them clean for me, or at least show me how to do it.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is the first night shot uploaded, enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?x77a7gxbik4lqpe

Don't comment on dust or that spots, our environment here is so dusty anyway.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Yes let the dealer show it to you ... and remember: never, ever touch the sensor unless you really need to, i.e. in the case of something that can't be removed by air. I had a p30 before for almost a year and never touched the sensor glass. All it took was a good blow of the blower now and then ...

And be careful with pressured air cans ... when you shake them or first use them some liquid might be sprayed out, I've heard of horro stories in this regard ...

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the file!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes let the dealer show it to you ... and remember: never, ever touch the sensor unless you really need to, i.e. in the case of something that can't be removed by air. I had a p30 before for almost a year and never touched the sensor glass. All it took was a good blow of the blower now and then ...

And be careful with pressured air cans ... when you shake them or first use them some liquid might be sprayed out, I've heard of horro stories in this regard ...
    Sure, i didn't know where the sensor on my H3DII-39, and this new camera i will never touch the sensor as this is very new camera in my list and it is the most expensive and i still paying the bill of it, so i don't want to damage anything, haha.

thanks for the file!!!!
    You welcome!
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

haha No worries Tareq! Downloading the file, Not sure if the 60 is the same but I was told with the H4D-40 that there is an IR filter in front of the actual sensor so if you do something bad its just a matter of replacing that filter, could be different with the H4D-60 though! I wouldn't use compressed air at all! doesn't it have chemicals in it?
    www.williamophuis.com

Hassy H4D-40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Will Ophuis View Post
    haha No worries Tareq! Downloading the file, Not sure if the 60 is the same but I was told with the H4D-40 that there is an IR filter in front of the actual sensor so if you do something bad its just a matter of replacing that filter, could be different with the H4D-60 though! I wouldn't use compressed air at all! doesn't it have chemicals in it?
    What is this IR filter do to the camera or the shot? I heard about it long time since 2008 but really i didn't read anything about it yet, so shame i have the camera and didn't read about that filter yet, so what the filter actually doing?
    I never blow the air inside camera or on the sensor until i blow it on the air away for first time and see if there is any dirt, dust, liquid, surprises inside, then when i am feeling safe i blow air with a good distance upside down the camera sensor towards the gravity, but in all cases, maybe blower will clean something buy will bring another dust inside, like replacing lol, so i better ask the dealer and see.I have that Visible Dust kit, but honestly, i am brave enough to do for 35mm DSLRs but not for digital MF.
    Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is a tip about cleaning.

Always remove the back for cleaning in a clean environment and turn off any fans present and let the air settle. These sensors attract dust like a magnet.

There is a thing called dry compressed air. It never spews out any liquid.

Get Pec Pads for any wiping necessary. Keep them in a separate sealed freezer type bag. Never wipe until you have removed dust first.

Look at getting an Artic Butterfly ... this is a soft brush with a motorized handle ... you turn it on and let it spin for awhile ... which builds up a small static charge ... then turn it off and lightly brush the cover filter ... the brush attracts the dust from the sensor filter.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: really take your time removing and replacing the back for cleaning. Most filter scratches happen when your hand slightly slips and the filter meets some metal part on the camera mount (been there, done that : -(

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Here is a tip about cleaning.

Always remove the back for cleaning in a clean environment and turn off any fans present and let the air settle. These sensors attract dust like a magnet.

There is a thing called dry compressed air. It never spews out any liquid.

Get Pec Pads for any wiping necessary. Keep them in a separate sealed freezer type bag. Never wipe until you have removed dust first.

Look at getting an Artic Butterfly ... this is a soft brush with a motorized handle ... you turn it on and let it spin for awhile ... which builds up a small static charge ... then turn it off and lightly brush the cover filter ... the brush attracts the dust from the sensor filter.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: really take your time removing and replacing the back for cleaning. Most filter scratches happen when your hand slightly slips and the filter meets some metal part on the camera mount (been there, done that : -(

-Marc
    Very Valuable info, thank you very much, Marc.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Here is the first night shot uploaded, enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?x77a7gxbik4lqpe

Don't comment on dust or that spots, our environment here is so dusty anyway.
    impressive detail. i cannot see any resolution difference when comparing shots done with my P65+ and alpa with digitars and rodenstocks. very impressive. blows my S2 away...well megapixels count after all.
    peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Crop
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by markowich View Post
    impressive detail. i cannot see any resolution difference when comparing shots done with my P65+ and alpa with digitars and rodenstocks. very impressive. blows my S2 away...well megapixels count after all.
    peter
    I can't tell until i can do the comparison by myself, and after all it is just the kit lens, 80mm, i will be more impressed if i use sharper lenses such as 100mm or 120 macro, 28m is sharp enough, but i want to meet that person i met before 2 days ago who is dealer with Phase One here in my area, and want to do a comparison test between H4D-60 and P65+, but i will ask him to do the test on DF camera and not view camera and see the results.

Until now i didn't test my new 120mm macro lens as i want to shoot something so interesting and elegance worthy to use the lens on, close up or food or jewel and so, so still the lens in the box waiting a subject.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quick question: when i import an image on Phocus as fff, then when i try to edit it, i can't see my adjustments or editing applied when i export the shot, what's the matter?
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

HDR

Wish i have that HTS1.5 adapter or a view/technical camera
    Tareq

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i have found that 80mm lens to be quite good.

by the way, when the back is removed for cleaning the sensor, the surface is very accessible and easy to inspect/clean compared to any fixed sensor camera (DSLR, M9, S2)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    i have found that 80mm lens to be quite good.

by the way, when the back is removed for cleaning the sensor, the surface is very accessible and easy to inspect/clean compared to any fixed sensor camera (DSLR, M9, S2)
    And that is why someone said about cleaning Hasselblad H sensor "It is so easy to clean", so this is what you mean about removing the back.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, on the left side of your body there is a button. You turn that slightly afterwards and press it. This will release the back from the body. Make sure you do this sitting down at a table and support the back so it cannot drop on the floor!

When it is removed, cleaning the IR is a breeze. Blow it off with a Giotto Rocket is in general the best way to go initially. Personally I am not a fan of canned air after screwing up a Nikon sensor with canned air when replacing the IR filter with a clear filter for IR photography.

Cleaning your IR filter is not something you should shy away from. If you feel hesitant get your dealer to show you how to do it yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you very much for your help, sure i will check first online, or with the dealer, when i feel fine i will do it by myself later then.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I can't tell until i can do the comparison by myself, and after all it is just the kit lens, 80mm, i will be more impressed if i use sharper lenses such as 100mm or 120 macro, 28m is sharp enough, but i want to meet that person i met before 2 days ago who is dealer with Phase One here in my area, and want to do a comparison test between H4D-60 and P65+, but i will ask him to do the test on DF camera and not view camera and see the results.

Until now i didn't test my new 120mm macro lens as i want to shoot something so interesting and elegance worthy to use the lens on, close up or food or jewel and so, so still the lens in the box waiting a subject.
    Tareq please give my regards to Bryan when you see him

Thanks, yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    Tareq please give my regards to Bryan when you see him

Thanks, yair
    Oh, so you know him?
    OK, i will give him your regards, was my pleasure to meet him.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

H4D-60, HC 4/120mm, f16, 1/800, ISO50
    Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quick question: when i import an image on Phocus as fff, then when i try to edit it, i can't see my adjustments or editing applied when i export the shot, what's the matter?
    That is a selection choice under Preferences. Click on Phocus in the top menu then click on Preferences.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    That is a selection choice under Preferences. Click on Phocus in the top menu then click on Preferences.
    Thank you very much!
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am not good at editing photos or workflow, so show me what you can do with a RAW file

Img #1 [Almost original + sharpening]

Img #2 [Increasing Details]

Img #3 [B&W]

RAW file [.fff]
    http://www.mediafire.com/?h44vm1dv7zknn1y
    Tareq