The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D-60 ....coming soon

Nick-T

Phocus 2.5.1 is needed for the 60.. If Professional is using that version and getting these results then I would suspect a hardware fault specific to this unit as I have seen plenty of images from the 60 that did not exhibit this weirdness.
Nick-T

Professional

Having just scanned through this thread this issue may have been addressed, and I may have missed it. It may be that Hasselblad sent a disk for Phocus that is optimized for the 60 that corrects the problems seen in the file that Tareq's dealer may not have told him. Tareq; are you using Phocus from the disk included with the camera? (If there was one included)

Greg
No, i am using the Phocus i downloaded from the Hasselblad website, in fact i told the dealer that i will take only the body and gave then mine, the software and cables and other accessories i didn't take as i have them and i don't want to get another same accessories while i have them and i just traded-in the body[with the back and VF].

Professional

Where i can download that Phocus 2.5.1? I have Phocus 2.5, is there newer one which is 2.5.1?

AS expected, the problem is in the shadows areas, here is another BAD example

Paul Spinnler

Well it could very well be a firmware thing. I think you have an important phone call to make to the hasselblad headquarters tomorrow morning ...

BANKER1

Sounds to me as if the issue is Phocus 2.5.1. I'd hotfoot it back to my dealer for a copy if it is not on the Hasselblad website.

Greg

Nick-T

I think it's software, I see that 2.5.1 is not on the Hasselblad website, your dealer should certainly have given you 2.5.1.

Nick-T

Professional

I will check with the dealer tomorrow[i mean today morning or afternoon], he called me yesterday and asked me to come to him and check the problem out, but i will be busy tomorrow with family, but i will keep the issue on and will contact the dealer, i asked him to call the headquarters and i think he did or he will do very soon, he is very good dealer and i am very happy of purchasing from them, and sure they will do their best to solve this issue with Hasselblad manufacturer.

Professional

I also tend to believe it is the software, maybe David Grover using a newer version of the software or his camera is firmwared, who knows, he should show up and let us know.

Paul Spinnler

Tareq, thank you for uploading the samples. other than the "minor" noise problems in the shadows the file looks good. very low noise indeed.

hope you can enjoy your camera soon as it is supposed to be enjoyed!

kind regards

paul

Professional

Should i try to use any firmware available in Hasselblad website? the latest one i mean, maybe it may do something or i should wait and see what will come out in next few days with Hasselblad?

Professional

This is a quick shot i've done with studio light, now i don't see any issue

Then i will try to shoot something with shadows and see

Paul Spinnler

Tareq would you be so kind and upload this file as well? I would like to analyze this one too as it looks very sharp and good ...

fotografz

This is a quick shot i've done with studio light, now i don't see any issue

Then i will try to shoot something with shadows and see
That is because it is not noise you are seeing in the other files.

The odd speckles directly correspond to the Shadow Warning in the 3F file you posted when incorrectly using Phocus V2.5. Just go to View in the top menu and scroll to Shadow Warning to see what I mean. It matches exactly.

You are simply using the wrong software version which doesn't support the H4D/60 ... and your dealer didn't do you or Hasselblad any favors by letting you get this camera without the right software to use. Hasselblad is remiss for shipping this camera without posting the Phocus update on their website, even if it would be for H4D/60 owners only.

I'd also ask if the Camera Firmware has to updated with the new software or not. Probably not, but it's worth a question.

-Marc

Professional

Tareq would you be so kind and upload this file as well? I would like to analyze this one too as it looks very sharp and good ...
OK, i will do, but i don't think this will solve any issue if there is one, but for you i will upload this file, and it is at ISO 50, done for you even not good enough.

Professional

That is because it is not noise you are seeing in the other files.

The odd speckles directly correspond to the Shadow Warning in the 3F file you posted when incorrectly using Phocus V2.5. Just go to View in the top menu and scroll to Shadow Warning to see what I mean. It matches exactly.

You are simply using the wrong software version which doesn't support the H4D/60 ... and your dealer didn't do you or Hasselblad any favors by letting you get this camera without the right software to use. Hasselblad is remiss for shipping this camera without posting the Phocus update on their website, even if it would be for H4D/60 owners only.

I'd also ask if the Camera Firmware has to updated with the new software or not. Probably not, but it's worth a question.

-Marc
Exactly my thoughts, i even didn't say it was a noise, but i know it was something to do with shadows parts, if it is noise then it should be on this lens or hasselblad camera i posted before, so it doesn't corresponding the noise, sure there is some kind of noise at ISO400-800, but the issue as you all seen is not the noise, but shadow warning as you said, and i did that warning option and saw the point, but i will contact the dealer to see if that included software is something newer or there is any updates, i tend to believe that this version of Focus maybe not compatible completely yet with H4D-60, and also i feel a coming firmware will solve the problem i hope so.

Professional

Look at this example, the issue is started to go away[still it is there slightly], but i can't understand what's going on, when i export this shot as DNG to open with Photoshop i saw the issue so clearly, but i exported as JPEG full size and resized with Photoshop with much less issue even still there, so i think the problem is with the software, time for update.

Paul Spinnler

Tareq, try to shoot the scene again and overexpose the scene so that you don't get any shadow warnings. Then in Phocus pull the exposure back ... maybe this will get you clean files ...