The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D-60 ....coming soon

Professional

Ah ok, i did upload a smaller size of that big file, check it and tell me what do you think [i didn't corrected the WB or the exposure and so, just converted to JPEG and uploaded]?

Professional

One file [3FR] is reaching 90%, so i will post the link of it here when 100% done, and later that FFF when uploading is done completely.

Paul Spinnler

I think something is really wrong here. Haven't seen such a file ever ... as soon as I get your raw file I will process it with the newest phocus and we'll see ...

Professional

I think something is really wrong here. Haven't seen such a file ever ... as soon as I get your raw file I will process it with the newest phocus and we'll see ...
In fact i used only that new Phocus to open the file, even FlexColor latest version didn't open it, nor the Photoshop [CS4, not sure about CS5], so i will post the RAW file as soon as possible and tell me what do you think.

thomas

not that I've ever seen such an image or have a real idea what's going on...
but what happens when you push back saturation of the file in Phocus to -50% or so?

Professional

I really would like to know how could David Grover opened his H4D-60 files and they are fine good no issues? or is there issues that he didn't want to talk about it and so that he didn't show much examples?

fotografz

I am trying to upload a small web site size here but it seems my uploading is not going until i finish to upload my big files, if there is way like a live chatroom or messenger to send smaller files to check then i will do, i always appreciate any kind of help.
If you have a minute, upload an original fff file:

www.sendthisfile.com

Put: [email protected] in the address box, hit send, and I'll take a look at it for you.

Thanks,

-Marc

Again, what is the issue you are seeing?

Professional

and what a file it is.... yikes !!! Best of luck getting this straightened out. I hope it's something simple.
I will do my best next time, or better you get this camera and have fun with it, or if you wealthy and rich enough [i am not, pity] then send me that HTS1.5 adapter and i will do the job for you, something is better than nothing, and i am very sorry to upload any file then, wait others who are more pro and respected to upload RAW files for you.

Professional

World premiere here! The world's first sample in raw of the H4D-60, almost 2 years after Photokina 08! Hope it won't ironically be a bad file? I'm downloading it as we speak ...
Maybe it is a bad file as i am not an experienced or pro photographer, so don't expect high quality file, so if you expecting better shot then tell me how to take better shot and i will do it for you next time as soon as possible [tomorrow or today our time], i can't handle to upload files then found that my shots samples are bad to look at even, so i apologize.

Paul Spinnler

Tareq, it looks bad. In Phocus this file looks like a mess. I have never seen this ... it appears that the noise appears in the shadows ... i cannot open that file in photoshop cs5 nor lightroom 3...

did you try to shoot this scene again, and if so, is this noise pattern creeping in every time??

omg i hope this is not a spread problem, or hasselblad is indeed in deep trouble.

regards

Professional

Tareq, it looks bad. In Phocus this file looks like a mess. I have never seen this ... it appears that the noise appears in the shadows ... i cannot open that file in photoshop cs5 nor lightroom 3...

did you try to shoot this scene again, and if so, is this noise pattern creeping in every time??

omg i hope this is not a spread problem, or hasselblad is indeed in deep trouble.

regards
I get this problem in all shots, almost mostly with dark or shadows, my hasselblad camera against white was my best shot so far but even though it shows that noise or issue thing a bit tiny, i did nightshots as well, oh my, none is nice without this issue.

Paul Spinnler

tareq, this has nothing to do with experience or being a pro or not. this kind of file just shouldn't exist ...

there's three possible explanations to this:

a) you have a bad copy - something's wrong with your sensor

b) phocus software isn't interpreting the file right or hasn't yet been updated for the h4d-60 in some way

c) or, worst case, hasselblad has got a problem with all cameras. this would be a pr desaster and a real image problem as they've been telling everybody that the wait was due to create a trouble-free camera with the dalsa sensor whereas the p65+ supposedly gave problems ...

i don't know what to think now, hopefully david grover will chime in as soon as possible with some pointers on what has happened here ...

in the meantime you should try phorographing a few more scenes and see under which circumstances this noise appears ...

regards

paul

Professional

This is the issue i was talking about, and i have worse example than that i sent, so i feel sad and sorry about it, not sure what Hasselblad can do to fix it [they have to anyway].

Paul Spinnler

interestingly i was always told by hasselblad that the p65+ exhibited noise problems in the shadows ... quite ironic when we see this ...

maybe and this could be the last resort, it has to do with the firmware of the back. if this is the case you will get an update soon, i've heard that they're making a new one soon to integrate live view ...

regards and i really feel your pain,

paul

BANKER1

Having just scanned through this thread this issue may have been addressed, and I may have missed it. It may be that Hasselblad sent a disk for Phocus that is optimized for the 60 that corrects the problems seen in the file that Tareq's dealer may not have told him. Tareq; are you using Phocus from the disk included with the camera? (If there was one included)

Greg

Professional

I have it is related to the software, so if they will launch a new version and a firmware which may get rid of this issue then i will be more than happy, who knows how long it will take to return the camera to be fixed, i will do it anyway if the issue is still there and nothing there to fix it yet.