The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D-60 ....coming soon

Professional

Tareq, try to shoot the scene again and overexpose the scene so that you don't get any shadow warnings. Then in Phocus pull the exposure back ... maybe this will get you clean files ...
OK, i will do that later as i feel tired, i am waiting the file to be uploaded for you then i will head to a deep sleeping for new day with new tests, and this time i will do outdoor day time shots and see, but i feel it is not with overexposed, it is with underexposed shots as you said, then no point i try in brighter day with no much shadows underexposed in the shot to see the issue.

yes, definitely software, you can relax, your 40 000k back is ok and hasselblad is NOT in deep trouble ;)
I hope so, otherwise i just met one person from Phase One and showed me P65+ and DF body and Horseman SW-DII, Hasselblad should listen to us and help us to stay with them. :D ;)

Professional

Yes, the issue is still there, and i will look for the new updates [software, firmware,...replace the body...], here is 2 last examples i am doing for now, first at ISO 100 and the second at ISO 800, but WOW, ISO800 even with that mess crap issue, it is clean to my eyes in the highlights and lights, but i hope it is usual with any other bodies if it is overexposed a bit then no noise to be see, but i really didn't overexposed the shot, i use the Aperture mode so i just changed the ISO so which mean the shots from ISO 50, 100 and 800 are all at same exposure level [i think], but still i can't see noise, for me it is a big improvement over my H3DII-39.

ISO100

ISO800

WOW again, what a big difference.

Paul Spinnler

if they're the same exposure level, who does the iso 800 shot show so much more noise shadow warning/noise/whatever?

can't wait for my h4d-60 ...

Congrats on the New Camera Tareq, This problem does look odd I was going to say it looks like shadow warning, Hopefully Phocus Update will fix your problem!

Professional

Tareq,

Which version of Phocus are you using?

Marc,

Are you using Phocus 2.5.1B2? This is AFAIK the first Phocus version that supports the H4D60 and should have been delivered together with the H4D60.
I use Phocus 2.5, i didn't get the CD/DVD which coming with the camera in the box because i thought they will be almost the same accessories just newer version of the software which i can download from the website, didn't know that it might be on the CD and not the website, but i will call the dealer and ask them if the CD is with the newest software which is even not available in the website.

Hello from holidays.

Tareq... You absolutely need to use the latest version of Phocus which was supplied with your H4D60 on a DVD.

This was a special version currently only for the H4D60 and not yet uploaded.

Using Phocus 2.5 will render some very strange results!

Please use that version for any forthcoming images.

Also exporting to DNG will likely not give you anywhere near the same result as Phocus.

David

Professional

Hello from holidays.

Tareq... You absolutely need to use the latest version of Phocus which was supplied with your H4D60 on a DVD.

This was a special version currently only for the H4D60 and not yet uploaded.

Using Phocus 2.5 will render some very strange results!

Please use that version for any forthcoming images.

Also exporting to DNG will likely not give you anywhere near the same result as Phocus.

David
Hello David,

Good that you told me that, i didn't think that a special version will be supplied on a DVD, then i will give the dealer a call and see how can i get the DVD [as i can't go to him today unless i will be free].

I knew it was the software issue, but how come you didn't make that special version available in Hasselblad website, so what i can do if i didn't go to the dealer today, then he will be closed by Friday and Saturday, where i can find this special version rather than a supplied DVD itself?

Enjoy your holiday and waiting your results, you are the man.

Thanks,

Tareq

Tareq,

We supply the H4D in a box with all necessary accessories and software. There is also a release note at the top of the box which describes that using the supplied version of phocus is necessary.

I am not sure why you are not in possession of these materials unless you left them at the dealership, which unfortunately is out of our control.

The reason why the latest version is not uploaded as we are still finalising it for other models and we did not want 60 owners to wait any longer.

David.

Professional

Tareq,

We supply the H4D in a box with all necessary accessories and software. There is also a release note at the top of the box which describes that using the supplied version of phocus is necessary.

I am not sure why you are not in possession of these materials unless you left them at the dealership, which unfortunately is out of our control.

The reason why the latest version is not uploaded as we are still finalising it for other models and we did not want 60 owners to wait any longer.

David.
DAVID,

Thanks for the info, it is my fault, i just traded-in my old body so i didn't take the box as i have the accessories unless there are items i need which are not included in my H3DII-39 box before rather than software, so i just took my body with the back and viewfinder and gave it to the dealer and took the new body of H4D-60 with the back and viewfinder[and the strap] that's all, but i will go back as soon as possible to take the software, i am not sad at all about this mistake, i love Hasselblad and they worked hard to produce it, so it is my fault and i apologize about it, and good we figured out that it is the software and i didn't complain yet about the camera at all, I am very happy with it as the ISO800 at those issued shots are clean enough that i can get from any MF, so that i will keep shooting normally with it as long i will get the correct right software sooner or later, and it is good to let the people know that there is a new software and even new firmware will be there to use and time to update/upgrade the software, then we are all happy.

Thanks Hasselblad for their efforts, i really appreciate it and i will stay with them.

Thanks,
Tareq

markowich

i am getting super-jealous....my dealer told me it is a one year wait for my upgrade from the H3D50. this is ridiculous, will call hasselblad right away,
p

Professional

i am getting super-jealous....my dealer told me it is a one year wait for my upgrade from the H3D50. this is ridiculous, will call hasselblad right away,
p
Yes, do it ASAP, you deserve to get it, i didn't upgrade to 50 as i was sure there is higher mp camera will come, and when i heard about it i just made the trade-in, and i can't wait to get it, and i am happy with it and it will be due to improvements for sure within the time, get it and you will be so happy with it.

Good luck!

Professional

Dancing to the tune of "I told you so" ...

I told ya so, I told ya so, I told ya, told ya, told ya so .... :ROTFL:

Post pics!

-Marc
Wish i do works as you do in photography [high quality], then i will dance for sure :thumbs: :D

I can post pics, but nothing in same class as your works, you want to see pics of nice works and interesting.

Tareq