Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: H4D-60 ....coming soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

H4D-60 ....coming soon

Hey all,

Anyone got H4D-60 so far? I would like to see what this camera can perform against Hasselblad 50mp and Phase One P65+, no any news about it?

If someone get any test from it please post here for me to see, i would like to see the quality of this camera on different ISO and conditions if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: H4D-60 ....coming soon

And people gave Leica a hard time for taking an age to release the S2... Didn't Hasselblad announce a 60mp H3DII camera over a year ago?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    And people gave Leica a hard time for taking an age to release the S2... Didn't Hasselblad announce a 60mp H3DII camera over a year ago?
    I think H4D-60 will be released soon, i heard some news from someone about it, so i will wait, and you are right, i remember they talked about 60mp last year, and that Leica S2 took long time to be released in the market.
    Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The H4D/60 was supposed to be launched around Dec. of last year, but the elves in Denmark found something they didn't like in the files ... so Hasselblad swapped places in the release line-up and introduced the H4D/50 before the 60. Who knows what the hold up has been, Hassey is tight lipped about about almost anything it does before a release ... as witnessed by the H4D/40, which was a complete surprise launch and available immediately after its introduction.

Better they get the H4D/60 right rather than make its users a bunch of alpha or beta testers. Phase One sure upped Hassey on this one that's for sure. The P80+ will be out before Haseey gets the H4D/60 off the ground

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am still waiting for my H4D-50. When I spoke with Hassy UK about delays, they said that the problem was that Hasselblad was a relatively small customer of Kodak and they were at the mercy of Kodak to supply enough chips. Conversely, the 40mp chip was in plentiful supply so they could produce H4D-40 cameras with little delay.

Somehow you'd expect a premium customer like Hasselblad to have a bit more clout than that. I should get my H4D-50 in a few days (so I am told).

Dalsa make the 60mp chip so I assume image optimisation is the reason for delay there. It must be fairly difficult getting a different manufacturer's chip to work optimally.

Quentin
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    I am still waiting for my H4D-50. When I spoke with Hassy UK about delays, they said that the problem was that Hasselblad was a relatively small customer of Kodak and they were at the mercy of Kodak to supply enough chips. Conversely, the 40mp chip was in plentiful supply so they could produce H4D-40 cameras with little delay.

Somehow you'd expect a premium customer like Hasselblad to have a bit more clout than that. I should get my H4D-50 in a few days (so I am told).

Dalsa make the 60mp chip so I assume image optimisation is the reason for delay there. It must be fairly difficult getting a different manufacturer's chip to work optimally.

Quentin
    I wonder if that was a UK thing? In the US, the reps were offering nice deals on H4D/50s to trade-up folks that had signed up for the 60. Maybe that's where all the 50 chips went

Optimizing the "different" Dalsa chip didn't seem an overwhelming task for Phase One ... but for Hasselblad it may have something to do with all the integration elements that were optimized for the kodak chips. That could be making the task a bit more difficult.

I opted out of the 60 trade-up and went for a 39 multi-shot for studio work, and a H4D/40 for all the rest.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I played with H4D-50 before, and i can get that one now if i want, but i feel it is not a big jump of H3DII-39 to H4D-50, and there is H3DII-50 which i can trade-in long time ago with my 39, but i just planning to go further away big jump to 60mp, and Hasselblad website listed H4D-60 in the product which means it will be available soon, and that person [salesman] told me i will get mine soon, so i will keep in touch with him and see.
    Tareq

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    The H3DII-60 was announced at Photokina 2008 (same as the S2, actually) with availbity originally promised for April 2009.

David
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dfarkas View Post
    The H3DII-60 was announced at Photokina 2008 (same as the S2, actually) with availbity originally promised for April 2009.

David
    And then we found that there is no H3DII-60, it is H4D-60.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sure David - the S2 is out - the question is - who cares?

a real shame...not even a Leica head liek me can justify buying this ..ummm what is it exactly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Finally, got my H4D-60 today [Yesterday evening our time in UAE].
    Will test it today [Wednesday] evening i hope.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Still have issues with the camera but i will try to figure out what is the problem and how can i fix it or if i have to replace it, i will be sad to return it and wait for another body fixed issues.

Just a quick first shot i've did with this camera

H4D-60, 80mm, f/16, 1/500, ISO800, one light only.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of issues? Could you be so kind and upload a raw file iso 50? regards!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Spinnler View Post
    What kind of issues? Could you be so kind and upload a raw file iso 50? regards!
    The issue is something i don't know how to explain about it.
    I have another shot at ISO 50, not this camera shot, so would you want to see that another shot at ISO 50? Also which RAW, 3FR or FFF or DNG?
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq, thank you so much, the original phocus file so .fff ... that would be great ... i'm really intersted in base noise ... but is the issue something about the image quality or the body??

thank you, you are possibly about to post the first h4d-60 raw file in the world!!

regards
    paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tareq, thank you so much, the original phocus file so .fff ... that would be great ... i'm really intersted in base noise ... but is the issue something about the image quality or the body??

thank you, you are possibly about to post the first h4d-60 raw file in the world!!

regards
    paul
    OK Paul, i am uploading the file in both formats, 3FR and FFF, so you choose what you want to use and go for it, i will upload both to see if the original file 3FR doesn't have an issue as i see when i convert or say export as FFF then i see the issue, but who knows, i may have problem with the software or maybe with the body itself, just be patient while i am uploading the files, very slow connection here, saying about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I will definitely report on my findings ... thank you! I hope this camera doesn't have any issues, they took so much time to make it and this would be a real bummer!

regards

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ok, I will definitely report on my findings ... thank you! I hope this camera doesn't have any issues, they took so much time to make it and this would be a real bummer!

regards

Paul
    Amen!
    Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    The issue is something i don't know how to explain about it.
    I have another shot at ISO 50, not this camera shot, so would you want to see that another shot at ISO 50? Also which RAW, 3FR or FFF or DNG?
    Who did you buy this from? You shouldn't have to work your way through an issue alone (real or perceived) with a new camera this expensive.

The dealer should have completely checked it out for you and then delivered it with some instruction.

What is the issue? Lots of experience here on this forum to help out.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am trying to upload a small web site size here but it seems my uploading is not going until i finish to upload my big files, if there is way like a live chatroom or messenger to send smaller files to check then i will do, i always appreciate any kind of help.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ah ok, i did upload a smaller size of that big file, check it and tell me what do you think [i didn't corrected the WB or the exposure and so, just converted to JPEG and uploaded]?

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One file [3FR] is reaching 90%, so i will post the link of it here when 100% done, and later that FFF when uploading is done completely.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

I think something is really wrong here. Haven't seen such a file ever ... as soon as I get your raw file I will process it with the newest phocus and we'll see ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think something is really wrong here. Haven't seen such a file ever ... as soon as I get your raw file I will process it with the newest phocus and we'll see ...
    In fact i used only that new Phocus to open the file, even FlexColor latest version didn't open it, nor the Photoshop [CS4, not sure about CS5], so i will post the RAW file as soon as possible and tell me what do you think.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

OK, here is the RAW file link, i hope it is working fine or uploaded successfully, enjoy it and let me know, please.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pqamoyqzqvt6vbd
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

not that I've ever seen such an image or have a real idea what's going on...
    but what happens when you push back saturation of the file in Phocus to -50% or so?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I really would like to know how could David Grover opened his H4D-60 files and they are fine good no issues? or is there issues that he didn't want to talk about it and so that he didn't show much examples?
    Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am trying to upload a small web site size here but it seems my uploading is not going until i finish to upload my big files, if there is way like a live chatroom or messenger to send smaller files to check then i will do, i always appreciate any kind of help.
    If you have a minute, upload an original fff file:

www.sendthisfile.com

Put: [email protected] in the address box, hit send, and I'll take a look at it for you.

Thanks,

-Marc

Again, what is the issue you are seeing?

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

paul
    and what a file it is.... yikes !!! Best of luck getting this straightened out. I hope it's something simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    If you have a minute, upload an original fff file:

www.sendthisfile.com

Put: [email protected] in the address box, hit send, and I'll take a look at it for you.

Thanks,

-Marc

Again, what is the issue you are seeing?
    I uploaded the small size already and it shown up, and the original .3FR is also uploaded so far, and the .FFF is still uploading, will take about 40 minutes to be done.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

OK, here is the RAW file link, i hope it is working fine or uploaded successfully, enjoy it and let me know, please.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pqamoyqzqvt6vbd

World premiere here! The world's first sample in raw of the H4D-60, almost 2 years after Photokina 08! Hope it won't ironically be a bad file? I'm downloading it as we speak ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    and what a file it is.... yikes !!! Best of luck getting this straightened out. I hope it's something simple.
    I will do my best next time, or better you get this camera and have fun with it, or if you wealthy and rich enough [i am not, pity] then send me that HTS1.5 adapter and i will do the job for you, something is better than nothing, and i am very sorry to upload any file then, wait others who are more pro and respected to upload RAW files for you.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

World premiere here! The world's first sample in raw of the H4D-60, almost 2 years after Photokina 08! Hope it won't ironically be a bad file? I'm downloading it as we speak ...
    Maybe it is a bad file as i am not an experienced or pro photographer, so don't expect high quality file, so if you expecting better shot then tell me how to take better shot and i will do it for you next time as soon as possible [tomorrow or today our time], i can't handle to upload files then found that my shots samples are bad to look at even, so i apologize.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq, it looks bad. In Phocus this file looks like a mess. I have never seen this ... it appears that the noise appears in the shadows ... i cannot open that file in photoshop cs5 nor lightroom 3...

did you try to shoot this scene again, and if so, is this noise pattern creeping in every time??

omg i hope this is not a spread problem, or hasselblad is indeed in deep trouble.

regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tareq, it looks bad. In Phocus this file looks like a mess. I have never seen this ... it appears that the noise appears in the shadows ... i cannot open that file in photoshop cs5 nor lightroom 3...

did you try to shoot this scene again, and if so, is this noise pattern creeping in every time??

omg i hope this is not a spread problem, or hasselblad is indeed in deep trouble.

regards
    I get this problem in all shots, almost mostly with dark or shadows, my hasselblad camera against white was my best shot so far but even though it shows that noise or issue thing a bit tiny, i did nightshots as well, oh my, none is nice without this issue.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

tareq, this has nothing to do with experience or being a pro or not. this kind of file just shouldn't exist ...

there's three possible explanations to this:

a) you have a bad copy - something's wrong with your sensor

b) phocus software isn't interpreting the file right or hasn't yet been updated for the h4d-60 in some way

c) or, worst case, hasselblad has got a problem with all cameras. this would be a pr desaster and a real image problem as they've been telling everybody that the wait was due to create a trouble-free camera with the dalsa sensor whereas the p65+ supposedly gave problems ...

i don't know what to think now, hopefully david grover will chime in as soon as possible with some pointers on what has happened here ...

in the meantime you should try phorographing a few more scenes and see under which circumstances this noise appears ...

regards

paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is the issue i was talking about, and i have worse example than that i sent, so i feel sad and sorry about it, not sure what Hasselblad can do to fix it [they have to anyway].
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

interestingly i was always told by hasselblad that the p65+ exhibited noise problems in the shadows ... quite ironic when we see this ...

maybe and this could be the last resort, it has to do with the firmware of the back. if this is the case you will get an update soon, i've heard that they're making a new one soon to integrate live view ...

regards and i really feel your pain,

paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Having just scanned through this thread this issue may have been addressed, and I may have missed it. It may be that Hasselblad sent a disk for Phocus that is optimized for the 60 that corrects the problems seen in the file that Tareq's dealer may not have told him. Tareq; are you using Phocus from the disk included with the camera? (If there was one included)

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have it is related to the software, so if they will launch a new version and a firmware which may get rid of this issue then i will be more than happy, who knows how long it will take to return the camera to be fixed, i will do it anyway if the issue is still there and nothing there to fix it yet.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Phocus 2.5.1 is needed for the 60.. If Professional is using that version and getting these results then I would suspect a hardware fault specific to this unit as I have seen plenty of images from the 60 that did not exhibit this weirdness.
    Nick-T

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Having just scanned through this thread this issue may have been addressed, and I may have missed it. It may be that Hasselblad sent a disk for Phocus that is optimized for the 60 that corrects the problems seen in the file that Tareq's dealer may not have told him. Tareq; are you using Phocus from the disk included with the camera? (If there was one included)

Greg
    No, i am using the Phocus i downloaded from the Hasselblad website, in fact i told the dealer that i will take only the body and gave then mine, the software and cables and other accessories i didn't take as i have them and i don't want to get another same accessories while i have them and i just traded-in the body[with the back and VF].
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Where i can download that Phocus 2.5.1? I have Phocus 2.5, is there newer one which is 2.5.1?

AS expected, the problem is in the shadows areas, here is another BAD example

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Well it could very well be a firmware thing. I think you have an important phone call to make to the hasselblad headquarters tomorrow morning ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sounds to me as if the issue is Phocus 2.5.1. I'd hotfoot it back to my dealer for a copy if it is not on the Hasselblad website.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

ohhh nick, thanks for chiming in ... so this means that you need phocus 2.5.1 .... that's some nasty noise in the last one

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's software, I see that 2.5.1 is not on the Hasselblad website, your dealer should certainly have given you 2.5.1.

Nick-T

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I will check with the dealer tomorrow[i mean today morning or afternoon], he called me yesterday and asked me to come to him and check the problem out, but i will be busy tomorrow with family, but i will keep the issue on and will contact the dealer, i asked him to call the headquarters and i think he did or he will do very soon, he is very good dealer and i am very happy of purchasing from them, and sure they will do their best to solve this issue with Hasselblad manufacturer.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I also tend to believe it is the software, maybe David Grover using a newer version of the software or his camera is firmwared, who knows, he should show up and let us know.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq, thank you for uploading the samples. other than the "minor" noise problems in the shadows the file looks good. very low noise indeed.

hope you can enjoy your camera soon as it is supposed to be enjoyed!

kind regards

paul