The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P40+ arrived!

billbunton

Subscriber Member
My P40+, DF, 80/2.8 and 120/4 arrived Wednesday, and I finally got a chance today to go out and play with them some (though I did do some tethered product shots yesterday). It's _so_ nice! Although there are a lot of differences, it really does remind me of why I liked my original 1D so much; that CCD sensor is much nicer than the CMOS in all the cameras these days. And the detail is amazing.

Anyway, here are a couple quick photos from today. I don't have the 150 or 45 lenses yet, and my viewfinder masks were left out and will come with the 150. Made framing something of a guessing game :)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Glad to see you're doing well to start off with. You know you can always call if you have any questions or concerns!

After you've got a couple shoots under your belt you should call and we can chat about processing settings and methods to make sure you're getting every last drop out of your files.

The Atlanta office tells me you should have received your masks and 150 today. The 45s are in the midst of a little customs struggle but should be resolved and shipped soon.

Careful about that 150mm though; it's so sharp you can cut yourself.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

billbunton

Subscriber Member
I actually got the masks and 150 Monday. Did a couple quick shots around the house, and the 150 is pretty impressive!

Hopefully the 45s will get out of customs soon! I'm leaving next Wednesday for a few days at Alamogordo, my first chance to really put the system to use.