The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider 55 mm LS for Phase

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it's finally here... my own 55mm LS lens! And yes, it is a fair bit bigger and heavier than the old 55mm. But it does have a shutter inside it!

And it comes with a lovely nice Phase One wrap thing...

Lovely. And I'm off to California (from gloomy UK) tomorrow for 13 days too! Yay...
Congrats Adam! Not sure where in CA you're heading, but I can tell you it's raining right now in the SF bay area :(

adamduckworth

Sacramento over the weekend, then driving back down to LA for next weekend.
Rain? Don't want that! Got a magazine cover and 10 page feature to shoot on Friday and Saturday!

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Here is a comparison (abbreviated) of the 55 mm Mamiya and the 55 mm LS Schneider.

These are slightly over 100% crops of the extreme lower left corner of shots at full aperture, f2.8. Processed with C1 defaults only. First the Mamiya.

And now the Schneider.

I could show centers, edges etc etc but take it from me, the Schneider has appreciably better contrast throughout. There isn't much to choose between them in the center, and by f11 they're much more closely matched. But the LS is still crisper.

adamduckworth

I thought Florida was where people went to curl up and kick the bucket...
Where you from Etrigan63?
Oh.... Miami...

And it's breezy in Sacramento. And I though the sun always shines in California...