The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Arca-ness

Well, the Rm3d has arrived this afternoon and I have to say, it's as lovely as I remember from working with the demo. The factory was kind enough to fabricate a cold shoe adapter for me to sit atop the VarioFinder mount and give me a place to put my Radio Slave. One of the things I love about the R is it's ability to swap lenses with my M Line 2.

It came with the Schneider 35 and I also purchased their R Mount to 110mm plate adapter. When mounting the 35mm in this plate, the existing recess of its R mount plate allows the 35 to be focused on The M2's sliding back with no issues. Brilliant.

Martin also included one of their brand new L Brackets for dslr. If you haven't seen it yet, the body consist of dual rails that slide within the mounting plates, allowing the bracket length to be adjusted along both axis.

The R sits beautifully atop my new Cube Head and I can't wait to get more lenses fitted so that it can get a proper workout. Now I just need some down time.

Cheers,

CB