The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar Hy6 Camera System - Some General Views

T

thsinar

hi All,

here some general views from the Sinar Hy6 with the Sinarback eMotion 75 and the 45° prism finder and revolving adapter.

Thierry

FYI: all images shot with my Lumix

Last edited:

BJNY

THANK YOU very much, Thierry for all your effort with the snapshots.

I'm sure other photographers will wholeheartedly agree
the anthracite/black color for the 45º prism is much preferred
over the ugly eMotion blue color still present in the handle/grip
and face of the camera body. Lose it entirely, please.

I know you personally understand this,
but please continue to impress upon the decision-makers at Jenoptik/Sinar
how good industrial design is very important to photographers.

For example, notice how Leaf's AFi-7 digital back is scalloped to follow the lines of the camera body,
and how black/dark grey is never the wrong choice for color.
View attachment 3596

Graham Mitchell

and face of the camera body.
I must agree. I'd prefer the Hy6 (back included) to be all the same shade of dark grey, or black.

Thanks for posting these pics, Thierry.

T

thsinar

Hi Billy,

I can ASSURE you that the handle IS NOT "eMotion-blue", but anthracite, a lighter anthracite than some other parts of the body, BUT anthracite.

BTW: the Leaf AFi and the Hy6 are excatly identical concerning colours/tones of those colors.

Best regards,
Thierry

and face of the camera body. Lose it entirely, please.

For example, notice how Leaf's AFi-7 digital back is scalloped to follow the lines of the camera body,
and how black/dark grey is never the wrong choice for color.
View attachment 3596

T

thsinar

additional information to my previous post: the grey anthracite is the same grey (neutral grey) as the grey one can see on the side of the body, in my shot.

Thierry

T

thsinar

Me too, honestly spoken. But I like the camera as well like it is: it looks different when you have it in front of you, very homogeneous and even though I am a "black" kind of person, I can also like this.

Thierry

I must agree. I'd prefer the Hy6 (back included) to be all the same shade of dark grey, or black.

Thanks for posting these pics, Thierry.

fotografz

Thierry, have someone send me that kit and I'll do a full blown studio study for FREE :angel:

Heck, maybe I'll fall in love and buy it ... ;)

Mitchell

If one uses non-autofocus 6000 lenses on the Hy6, does that give focus confirmation?

Do 6000 series accessories, such as 45 degree prism viewfinders fit the Hy6?

I also would like an all black camera.

This forum is great. I'm getting a lot of information.

Thanks so much,

Mitchell

Mitchell

Thanks Thierry,

That was a really fast response!

So fast that I don't think you saw my edited new question. Does the Hy6 accept 6000 accessories such as 45 degree prisms?

Best,

Mitchell

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thierry nice job of posting all the images of these systems it really helps actually see what they are about. Appreciate the effort. Looks like you got the posting down perfect.

BTW there damn sexy. Okay gearhead talking. LOL

T

thsinar

yes, some accessories from the Hy6, but not the 45° finder as such: it had to be modified slightly and fits a new adapter plate.

Thierry

PS: hope not having been too fast this time!

;)

Thanks Thierry,

That was a really fast response!

So fast that I don't think you saw my edited new question. Does the Hy6 accept 6000 accessories such as 45 degree prisms?

Best,

Mitchell

T

thsinar

it is, the Hy6 is 1/3 shorter (in the vertical), mainly due to the battery being in the grip, and not in the bottom like in the 6008. Other dimensions are about identical.

Thierry

Is the Hy6 smaller than the 6008 non-auto focus? It looks shorter in the vertical dimension?

Best,

Mitchell