The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya ZD road test. Wow

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well a couple lenses came yesterday in on a trade so I played hooky today. Left the house at 4:30 am and drove up to Sedona . i actually beat the sunrise so i knew i had some time so took a right instead of a left and headed for Beaver Creek. Okay no beavers but a decent creek. I have a ton to process and load up but here is one of the first shots of the day . Shot at ISO 50 f22 with a Polarizer for 13 second and NR is NOT on. This was the mamiya 35mm lens which i happened to shoot a lot

Guy Mancuso

The first one is a tough shot a lot of white Sky. There is a wild fire about 90 miles North out of control and a little hazy but the second one shot with the 55mm Mamiya which BTW is extremely sharp as you can see. There is about a hour difference between them. i had to wait for the sun to crest a mountain top to get light on the building on the second one

V

Vivek

Guy, Keep them coming.

I am not "blown away" by the image in #10.

The foreground grass either suffers from Moire` or over-sharpening or jpg artifacts.

woodyspedden

Ah shut up , you are always right:banghead::banghead::banghead:
That's why I was serious when I called him the master of all things photographic. He thought I had been offended by something he said but I was dead serious.

I am going out this evening to take first images from my CWD. In the meantime I am boning up on Phocus so I can process. I have the 50, 80,120 lenses with a 40 and 180 soon to come. i am so excited!!!!!!

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Guy, Keep them coming.

The foreground grass either suffers from Moire` or over-sharpening or jpg artifacts.
Me either I like the 55mm shot better

Here is a kinda cool image though Shot with the 150mm and the second with a 35mm. i am really just getting this working and testing but I like to shoot and not shoot test targets,leave that to the geeks. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Guy, Keep them coming.

Vivek i will look at that again. I was stopped down to f20 on that and maybe i am getting some issues there. I will double check what is going on with that one

Guy Mancuso

That's why I was serious when I called him the master of all things photographic. He thought I had been offended by something he said but I was dead serious.

I am going out this evening to take first images from my CWD. In the meantime I am boning up on Phocus so I can process. I have the 50, 80,120 lenses with a 40 and 180 soon to come. i am so excited!!!!!!

Woody
Only way to see what is going on Woody reason i did it today to see what it is doing before pressing it into service.

Guy Mancuso

Well this does it for me. THIS is the reason you shoot MF backs. Look inside those shadows. The DR is amazing . This is hot AZ sun and it's killer bright and to get details underneath the overhang is like pulling teeth. More a test shot. i am not after art here just what it does