The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RZ33

D

DougDolde

So Steve, how easy would it be to mount my Aptus 75S on this camera? Would it be the same thing shown above or have they made the interface better?

I know I'd have to have the mount changed from Contax to Mamiya but other than that?

Steve Hendrix

So Steve, how easy would it be to mount my Aptus 75S on this camera? Would it be the same thing shown above or have they made the interface better?

I know I'd have to have the mount changed from Contax to Mamiya but other than that?

If you changed the mount from Contax to Mamiya, you could then mount without wires to an RZ Pro II D or with wires to an RZ or RZ Pro II. There is an adapter for Contax from this company:

http://eco-digital.com/products/index.html

But I cannot vouch for nor recommend them.

Steve Hendrix

Digitalcameraman

I do have some experience with this adapter as many customers have purchased and tried to make work with H backs. The backs can certainly mount to the adapters. The problem is that when you use a P1 or Mamiya RZIID adapter, the P1 camera back gets a wake up call from the adapter or body. So if you plan to use with a P1 back you would still need some type of wake up call from Kapture Group. So it becomes less productive for shooting people but very useable for shooting landscapes, products, ect.

Leaf camera should work on these adapters with any special wake up signals since their sensor does not require one.

Sincerely,

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager, Florida
Capture Integration
http://www.captureintegration.com

Phase One, Leaf, Cambo, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More

404.522.7662 Atlanta
305.350.9900 Miami
877.217.9870 National
813.335.2473 Cell

Subscribe to our RSS Feed

If you changed the mount from Contax to Mamiya, you could then mount without wires to an RZ Pro II D or with wires to an RZ or RZ Pro II. There is an adapter for Contax from this company:

http://eco-digital.com/products/index.html

But I cannot vouch for nor recommend them.

Steve Hendrix

fotografz

Yummy is right!

I gotta say, the combo of the RZ system and the Aptus 7-II back is one of my all time favorites ... and this one eliminates the need for hard-wiring the lens to the body. There is just a certain look to the files.

Hmmmm, $1,000 bucks for my old RZ-Pro-II ... that is tempting since I have an entire RZ system sitting in the gear vault ... 50mm through 210 APO ... fisheye, T/S adapter, Short-barrel lenses, Soft-focus 180, remote triggers, etc. etc.

This could be the "Lazarus Effect" ... a veritable Phoenix rising from my gear vault :ROTFL:

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here!

-Marc

Er, ... so who is a dealer on this forum for this?

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Yummy is right!

I gotta say, the combo of the RZ system and the Aptus 7-II back is one of my all time favorites ... and this one eliminates the need for hard-wiring the lens to the body. There is just a certain look to the files.

Hmmmm, $1,000 bucks for my old RZ-Pro-II ... that is tempting since I have an entire RZ system sitting in the gear vault ... 50mm through 210 APO ... fisheye, T/S adapter, Short-barrel lenses, Soft-focus 180, remote triggers, etc. etc.

This could be the "Lazarus Effect" ... a veritable Phoenix rising from my gear vault :ROTFL:

-Marc

Marc,

We are Mamiya Digital Dealers.

David

Professional

I really can't understand this program or offer, can someone give me more details or explain it to me better way please?
I will tell honest that i can't afford to buy new digital MF if the prices is so high even much cheaper than other competitive brands, but it is something else then i will be so willing to see and think about it, i have an old Mamiya RZ67 Pro II, so that i got interested in this thread, but as i said, i can't afford to get another digital back now if this is what all about it.

yaya

I really can't understand this program or offer, can someone give me more details or explain it to me better way please?
I will tell honest that i can't afford to buy new digital MF if the prices is so high even much cheaper than other competitive brands, but it is something else then i will be so willing to see and think about it, i have an old Mamiya RZ67 Pro II, so that i got interested in this thread, but as i said, i can't afford to get another digital back now if this is what all about it.
It is quite simple;

If you're in the US
And you have an old RZ or an RB body
And you want to buy a new RZ33
You can turn you old body in and get a $1,000 discount on the new purchase, which is a bit more than what an RZ PROII goes for as 2nd hand

Yair

Steve Hendrix

It is quite simple;

If you're in the US
And you have an old RZ or an RB body
And you want to buy a new RZ33
You can turn you old body in and get a $1,000 discount on the new purchase, which is a bit more than what an RZ PROII goes for as 2nd hand

Yair

And if you do not have an RZ or RB to trade in, don't let that stymie you - think creatively, if you know what I mean. They can be had for pennies on the dollar.

As far as the setup, whether it is a Leaf Aptus II 7/Pro IID combo or a Mamiya RZ33 (Mamiya branded version of Aptus II 7/Pro IID), the news about this now is communication is enhanced and the previous "quirks" of Leaf/Mamiya digital backs paired with the Pro IID are now resolved, so operation is seamless.

And yes - Capture Integration is a fully authorized Mamiya Digital Dealer.

Steve Hendrix

Digitalcameraman

Just worked with the new RZ33 yesterday. Worked really well. Really nice with no cables, rotation was a quick turn the rotate switch and rotate. Doug Petersen, technical Services at Capture Integration master minded the process.

We were demonstrating shooting into Leaf Capture and tethering to an Ipad at our Capture One Training seminar in Tampa. Shoot tethered and hand the ipad to your art director or client and let them sit and watch the entire session unfold. Everyone on hand was very impressed with the speed that the images were being transfered and most of all the quality of the preview made by both. We had a large number of people attend that were already shooting MF backs on RZ cameras, so they were really impressed with how fast the camera shot.

But what is even cooler is that you can take that back off, and in 2 second attach it to a DF645 and have a whole different product. This opens up even a larger selection of great lenses to utilize making your system even more useful.

You can see this system in action and shoot with it any any of our up coming seminars in the US. Please check our website for the dates and locations.
We will be offering this same seminar in Hollywood, FL on Sept 29, 2010 at TYE Studios. Please let me know if I can answer any questions on this new system.

So Marc, we are a Mamiya RZ33 dealer with demo units being shown.

Sincerely,

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager, Florida
Capture Integration
http://www.captureintegration.com

Phase One, Leaf, Lecia, Cambo, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More

404.522.7662 Atlanta
305.350.9900 Miami
877.217.9870 National
813.335.2473 Cell

Subscribe to our RSS Feed

Yummy is right!

-Marc

Professional

Too bad that i am not in USA
Too bad that i have old RZ67 ProII, so not sure which digital back i should look for if i want to get one in the future.
so it is a trade-in program as usual.

yaya

Too bad that i am not in USA
Too bad that i have old RZ67 ProII, so not sure which digital back i should look for if i want to get one in the future.
so it is a trade-in program as usual.
A Similar Leaf back can go onto your ProII with a Rotating adapter and a Sync cable.

Yair